Metadyjital

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

in my many years of ministry I have seen some really hardline views on divorce and remarriage or divorce and ministry and I have to tell you - I am pretty much sick of the whole mess

While I will agree that marriage is a holy and sacred institution and plan of God - I am shocked and amazed with the ease that we dismiss individuals because of past failures - even those that occur after salvation.

There are so many who are abandoned or cheated on or left or abused and I know "It takes two to tango" and so on - but gee so many times there is a legitimate victim, was he/she perfect? No of course not - but they may have been victimized nonetheless. Abandoned, abused or infidelity - in such cases I would have no problem marry such an individual or letting them in a pulpit

I'd love to hear your thoughts

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I think each case needs to be addressed on a one by one basis.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I agree it does - but there seems ti be a stigma present, that is unlike any other. In this day and age it is less injurious to live with a member of the opposite sex and break up, come to repentance than to have tried to live right and suffer a divorce

it gets old

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I agree, each case must be addressed individually.

Most of the time in my experience there is a one person who wants to break the marriage and one, who does not, or one person who is an abuser and one who is a victim, or one who is an adulterer and one who is being cheated on. Thus very rarely is divorce simply two people deciding they don

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Actually, what I get sick of is "it takes two to tango". Yes, we have all sinned, but it takes two to make a marraige work. If one is following the Biblical model of a faithful spouse, and the other does not, then the failure is not the fault of both. So, with the rest of what you said, I am in total agreement, but I did want to point that out.

On another note, why is all sin forgiveable except divorce in the cases of pastors? This is especially sad since the Bible never said divorce is a sin, but it does talk heavily against breaking covenant. While divorce can be a sin if someone gets itchy and decides to break covenant, but the one who did not break covenant did not sin, yet too many Christians hold it against pastors and former pastors. What if a woman leaves her husband because she decides that she no longer wants to be a preacher's wife? I'll tell you what happens; he has to leave the ministry.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

are you talking about someone you know, no divorce is easy or taken lightly, christen or not we are only human , we need to pray for our familys that go though this, i should think anyone thats a :th_praying: minester needs time out to sort themselves out ,

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

First of all, divorce is not a sin. Divorce was instituted by GOD as recorded in Deut 23:1-5. Second, JESUS did not add anything to the Biblical foundation for divorce. JESUS explained to a people who were in the habit of marrying virgins that to take a woman's virginity and in marriage and then divorce her is to make her an adulteress if she re-marries.

In our society, where finding someone who is not an adulteress to marry, is very rare, this teaching has no meaning. Also, JESUS was speaking to those who were under the law and adutery was a death sentence. This is not the case today.

The Biblical foundation for divorce is as simple as seeing something unclean/impure in your spouse. GOD demands that HIS chosen people be pure and that they separate from those who would lead the astray. While it is not a command to divorce an unclean person, it was established as exceptable in the eyes of GOD.

So, divorce seems to be the unforgiveable non-sin.

We Christians love to shoot our wounded

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

First of all, divorce is not a sin. Divorce was instituted by GOD as recorded in Deut 23:1-5. Second, JESUS did not add anything to the Biblical foundation for divorce. JESUS explained to a people who were in the habit of marrying virgins that to take a woman's virginity and in marriage and then divorce her is to make her an adulteress if she re-marries.

In our society, where finding someone who is not an adulteress to marry, is very rare, this teaching has no meaning. Also, JESUS was speaking to those who were under the law and adutery was a death sentence. This is not the case today.

The Biblical foundation for divorce is as simple as seeing something unclean/impure in your spouse. GOD demands that HIS chosen people be pure and that they separate from those who would lead the astray. While it is not a command to divorce an unclean person, it was established as exceptable in the eyes of GOD.

You are partly right. Divorce was instituted by God, and is not a sin in and of itself, but in its permission, it also gave women the freedom to marry again as it is stated in Dueteronomy. There are two words used, which in some versions is translated correctly, but in others it is not. One is the term for "putting away", which is abandonment or seperation. The other is divorce. It is unlawful to put away your wife, and if she remarries, she is committing adultry, but if she is divorced, she is not bound to her previous husband and is free to remarry.

• Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Divorce for unbiblical reasons and re-marriage is indeed sin, Christ directly points it out in scripture that any person who puts away his wife for any reason except adultery or abandonment and marries another commits adultery, it

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I can only speak about my own situation here.

I left my husband 2 years ago because he was being unfaithful to me with other men. Yes, I did say that. I was told by one of our pastors in my church that I have both legal and Biblical reason for divorce. The problem is....I don't have the $$$$$ to pay for one.

I have been feeling like I'm going through hell here with this. I cannot join a singles group because I am still legally married (but not living with my husband). I can't fellowship with married couples because it reminds me what my marriage SHOULD have been. So, I live in a form of "limbo"---I'm neither married nor single. I'm in between.

I still am not knowledgable enough about the Word to know whether I can Biblically remarry or not. I'm sure I can, but I don't really know. Since I was never a "virgin" when I got married (thanks to sexual abuse when I was a kid), I have no idea where I stand on anything.

Anyway, that's my five cents.

a.