• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/22/1993

So, I'm gettin' close to turning 15 and I'm a guy. So, I think you know where I'm going... Sex. It's becoming more and more of a temptation.

I understand sex is sinful before marriage and I've committed myself to wait. Because I love my future wife already and I want to be able to say, I saved all this for you and you alone. And not to mention, it's obeying God.

But, my youth pastor kind of got me thinking.

So, I love the song "I'll Make Love To You" by. And he can get a little bent outta shape about it. To be honest, it's probably my favorite love song of all time. And when I hear it, I don't think of it as like a rap song talking about "breakin stuff" and "that ghetto love" and so on... They just make it sound like a great great thing if it's done right. And the song overall is romantic.

I know sex is a gift from God. I sorta view it as my wife and I's wedding present, straight from God.

So my question is, is waiting for sex bad??? And also, would you view the song to be inappropriate and bad?

Thank you and God Bless! :]

Your brother in Christ,

Kris

Edited by Ovedya
YouTube videos not permitted.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Your post tells me that you know what is right and what is wrong. All things need to be measured by God's word. Does the song you refer to reflect Godly ways? Godly values? If you fill your mind and heart will worldly ways you will find yourself going the way of the world and not following God. God has not changed His opinion of sex since Adam and Eve were created. It's people who try to change God. Sexual relations between a husband and wife is very nice, but anything else is a cheap imitation.

Keep your thoughts pure (yea, I know, easier said than done) and keep God first.

<>< ><>

Nathele

So, I'm gettin' close to turning 15 and I'm a guy. So, I think you know where I'm going... Sex. It's becoming more and more of a temptation.

I understand sex is sinful before marriage and I've committed myself to wait. Because I love my future wife already and I want to be able to say, I saved all this for you and you alone. And not to mention, it's obeying God.

But, my youth pastor kind of got me thinking.

So, I love the song "I'll Make Love To You by Boyz II Men". And he can get a little bent outta shape about it. To be honest, it's probably my favorite love song of all time. And when I hear it, I don't think of it as like a rap song talking about "breakin stuff" and "that ghetto love" and so on... They just make it sound like a great great thing if it's done right. And the song overall is romantic.

I know sex is a gift from God. I sorta view it as my wife and I's wedding present, straight from God.

So my question is, is waiting for sex bad??? And also, would you view the song to be inappropriate and bad?

Thank you and God Bless! :]

Your brother in Christ,

Kris

waiting for sex is by far the best way to go, the rewards for doing so are awesome.

as for the song, I have never heard it but the lyrics are not really what you want to be listening to if you really want to wait. It is like putting a cup cake in front of yourself and then saying "I wont eat it" while you stare at it.

Yeah, but to be honest, whenever I listen to it, I've never been tempted. I've never even thought of sex. I've only thought of my future wife for some reason.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

You're wise for 15. :blink:

Let me share something with you. I am 48 years old. I met my wife when I was 12 years old and married her when we were both 19. We just celebrated our 29th year of marriage. Know what my greatest joy is? She is the ONLY one...I mean she is it. She is all I have ever needed to satisfy my needs, physically and mentally. We have been faithful to one another even BEFORE we believed and confessed Christ. So no, waiting is good. One thing that neither of us have ever had to worry about is being infected by STDs. It also makes me feel proud that we have been faithful to one another. Regarding the song, if it promotes sex outside marriage, it is junk.

You're wise for 15. :blink:

Let me share something with you. I am 48 years old. I met my wife when I was 12 years old and married her when we were both 19. We just celebrated our 29th year of marriage. Know what my greatest joy is? She is the ONLY one...I mean she is it. She is all I have ever needed to satisfy my needs, physically and mentally. We have been faithful to one another even BEFORE we believed and confessed Christ. So no, waiting is good. One thing that neither of us have ever had to worry about is being infected by STDs. It also makes me feel proud that we have been faithful to one another. Regarding the song, if it promotes sex outside marriage, it is junk.

Thats good to hear, man!!! :th_praying: Hope my wife and I can be blessed like ya'll!

And about the song, I don't think it does promote it... It doesn't say. It doesn't say if they're married or not. So, idk...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Why would you think that fellow Christians would think waiting for sex is bad? Of course it is the only thing we must do, when 15! We must wait for maturity and marriage. That is the will of God for you.

Regarding the song, it is secular and appeals to the sensual. If you want to please God with your life, you will give serious consideration to ridding your life of music that glorifies the carnal--this song does that in spades. If it gets an arousal out of you toward things to do that belong in the marriage bed, and you are not permitted there, then there's an indication that you need to control your mind.

Avoiding temptation is what you are doing, and God will bless you for it. Fill yourself up with things that God loves!

"Evermore" (lyrics included)

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?view...d2508b36530defa

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I agree with Floatingaxe.

Saving yourself for marriage is not only God's desire for you it's His edict. Trust me, it's worth waiting for. Don't cheat yourself or your future bride out of the experience, and don't sell yourself short by "getting it over with," as your peers might tell you.

There is a tremendous blessing in store for you, young brother, but for now learn to love cold showers.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

Yep, you won't only be pleasing God by waiting, but you'll also be blessed with the most fulfilling sex you could ever imagine with your wife.

It's worth the wait.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Wait till your married. It's easier to avoid disappointment in this department the less experience you have. It also helps you to create a more lasting bond with your wife when you share such a "monumental" event.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

As someone who didn't wait, I have to say that that is probably one of my biggest regrets in life. And when you do meet that girl and start to think she might be "the one," don't go thinking that that gives you permission to have sex with her before you tie the knot. I know, it seems so obvious right now, but one's judgement can get a bit blurred when you have strong feelings for someone. Anyway, a long story made very short, I met a guy, we were best friends, then we fell in love, I thought he was the one, gave myself to him, and through a long series of events he turned out to be an abusive jerk and we never did get married (thanks be to God). Now, I'm with the most wonderful man I have ever met, we're married, and our second child is due in January. I'm very very happy.

But I will never forget the fact that I didn't wait for him. He waited for me...I can't tell you what a gift that was, and how much I wish I'd had the same gift to give to him. Not only that, but for a long time I struggled with forgiving myself and with recognizing that Christ's blood covered even that sin. I was crippled in my spiritual life for a long long time, and only now (years later) am I starting to see my relationship with God renewed (and I might have made that process harder than it had to be, but we're such fragile and silly creatures...)