Larry 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

One quarter of scripture, at the time of it's written, was prophetic.

I think you missed it, OneLight.

Scripture, by its very nature, IS prophecy. It means a message from God. Sometimes a message from God is about the future, and sometimes it isn't.

I think others understood what I meant, but to clarify, 1/4 of scripture, at the time of it's writing, was about future events. Sorry if the word threw you ... English, even though it is my first language, is not something that I majored in ...

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1977

What do we mean by 'tribulation'? the End time started, when Jesus was ascended into heaven.

What do we mean by 'tribulation'? the End time started, when Jesus was ascended into heaven.

The tribulation is what is called the 70th week of Daniel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Scripture, by its very nature, IS prophecy. It means a message from God. Sometimes a message from God is about the future, and sometimes it isn't.

Could you please show me in what dictionary does the word "prophecy" means "a message from God" or where in the bible does the word prophecy mean "a message from God".

And where can we find biblical proof that the end time started when Jesus was ascended into heaven? I believe that the real start of the end time was the very moment that Adam bit into the fruit.

Could you please show me in what dictionary does the word "prophecy" means "a message from God" or where in the bible does the word prophecy mean "a message from God".

If you want to know what any word truly means in any verse, look it up in Strong's concordance!

Even before I made my reply to you I had already looked up the word "prophecy" in the Strong's in the Hebrew and in the Greek, my Holman's bible dictionary and others and I could not find in any of them where the word "prophecy" means "a message from God" anywhere in the bible where the word "prophecy'' is used. Though the Strong's is a good study tool for the new student it is a shallow one at best for a more advanced student. Here is a good example of this. If you were to look up the word "clouds" in the Strong's, it will tell you that the word clouds means the same thing as the "clouds in the sky" even when it is talking about seeing Jesus in the clouds when He comes. however the word "clouds" in regards to the return of Jesus is a wrong interpretation for the word "clouds" in that verse. The true meaning/interpretation of the word 'clouds" in that verse has nothing to do with any of the clouds in the sky and everything tyo do with the "Glory of God". Those so called clouds will be the shakina glory and not the clouds in the sky. According to my Thayer's Greek English Lexicon and other study tools that I have.

I agree that the whole word of God is a massage from God that was inspired from God but the word "prophecy" in my study tools including the Strong's mean. "an inspired word from God about the future".

So again could you please tell me in what dictionary you found the meaning of the word "prophecy" to be interpreted as "a message from God" as in the whole word of God and is not talking about some future event.

Because the best I can tell is that everywhere the words "prophecy" is recorded in the bible the subject matter is always talking about the future. And if I am wrong could you show me which verses where the word "prophecy" is speaking of the present of the past in the bible are.

Though the Strong's is a good study tool for the new student it is a shallow one at best for a more advanced student.

I can't agree with your statement. There is no better tool to understand God's Word than Strong's. It's not for beginners. It gives you the meaning of every word in every verse. Thayers and Gesenius are both avaliable on the Strong's download that I have. Other books like Wuest word studies in the Greek New Testament, or William Barclay's daily study bible commentary all use an interlinear type tool.

So when I refer to using Strong's, I use all the tools avaliable on it. I also have it in book form but these days we are blessed to have those resources avaliable.

These are some of the tools on Strong's

Strong's Concordance - King James Version:

Strong's Lexicon

(FULL Search by Strong's word number [e.g. 3091 Hebrew] OR English word!) Hebrew Greek

Condensed Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon

OR Thayer's Greek Lexicon

(Search by Strong's word number [e.g. 2424 Greek])

Your making a big deal out of prophecy meaning "a message from God". Gesenius's says "the utterance of the Word of the Lord" or "specially something uttered by God".

In general terms, something uttered by God truly is a message from God. It's not something worth arguing about.

And your example about "clouds" simply reinforces the use of Strong's and the lexicions avaliable with it.

K

Not to cause a dispute, but Strong's Concordance, the book form, is for beginners. If you wish to dig deeper, one must look into the original meaning of the Hebrew or Greek word and how it was used at the time. Strong's is vague in comparison to other tools out there. I am not familiar with the download version you are talking of. Can you provide a link?