stevehut

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

My personal opinion is that it is not beneficial for a church to be all black, all white, all asian, etc. I don't see how this represents cultural diversity, or even potential diversity of a worship service. A church should reflect the community population, which may lead to a dominant race in a church sometimes, but the church should be for all and not racist.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl

Racism generates hate - in any situation.

Racism is ONE of many things that is present in todays Church and one reason behind this, is the Church is made up of people in all "stages" of life let alone all "stages" of their Faith. Many in Church are not Christians.

The things I personally have come across in Churches would be enough to drive a Believer away for good, but I know I need Christian fellowship so I have found a Church that has been fantastic in it's genuine concern for all people in whatever "stage" they are in.

My main motto in life at the moment is "How am I looking to others in MY walk?" Does it stack up with His Word?"

So when I feel I have been wronged, I make sure NOT to do what that person did to me. I look to the Bible and use that as my measuring line.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

i just dont know why this person picked what i said and thought i was advocating when i tried to share what i have observed since i have been a christian

Hi Damo. I'm not the person you're talking about, but I got the same kind of message from what you wrote, and I'd like to tell you why.

well what is the problem ? i can tel you why they are reacting like this look at the way they were treated in the past

This sounds like you think what the church did was okay.

so what then should be done has your country gone out of its way to say sorry for the way the black people were treated in the past ?

Pretty much, yes. If it had been white people refusing to treat blacks, the people running that clinic would probably be in jail right now. I don't know how it is in Australia, but there are laws against descrimination against blacks here.

why are certain cultured groups hated by the white christians

The point of the post, I believe, is to say that whites aren't the only ones who do this, but they are the only ones you made mention of "hating" people. That's a pretty strong statement to make, especially when you blanket ALL white Christians with your words.

the aborigonal christians are not that easly accepted among some of the churches run by white christians

so when i responded i sort of new what would be going threw that person

I can understand this and racism makes me sick, too. But some of the things you've said, Damo, make people think you excuse racist behavior by black people because of the way they are, and have been, treated. Sometimes there are good reasons why we do some of the things we do, but there is NEVER an excuse for sin. When you say, "What's the problem?" it very much sounds like you are excusing sin. Any yes, the rest of your post said some things against it, but it also was sprinkled with statements that sounded like excuses.

I don't know if you've spent much time, if any, in the US, but the US is not Australia. I've never been to Australia, unfortunately (that's the one place in the world I'd rather go than anywhere!), but I'm not sure one can compare blacks in America with the Aboriginies of Aussie. :whistling:

Just wanted to clarify some of the reasons for my thoughts on your post.

high isaiah

i am doing the same just pointing out some things that way you see why i put what i said to the op

no i have not been to america but i have read enough to under stand what the black people had to put up with

what i was trying to say is we have health centers that cater for diffrent cultered groups due to people not being able to get on with a cultured group

when the op said he walked into a health center that was only meeting the needs of the black people in that community and did not answer his questions he wanted answered may be they were thinking whats a white man doing hear

i have experianced this in my own personal walk and as i said if you try to adress this you almost get these vibes as why are you saying we need to nail this to the cross

all cultured groups are good at putting their own kind down i am croation and i see this from my side and how the serbs put us down us croations are good at putting our own kind down and my pastor said his people are very good at putting other cultures down but their is a reason and if this was adressed to were people from diffrent cultures were accepted you would not need to be racist towards a certain culture isaiah

but what i hate is by what i observed from the white aussies its as if white power rules and you do as i say

aussie australians say what is on their mind when i first moved to australia and started going to the catholic school my father enroled me in i got given a hard time i was told to my face go home wog

i see this mostly from white people but i have also observed this from the other cultured groups i know

this can only stop if we are will to lead and brake out to were you put the hand out

i love this guy bishop td jakes and one day god willing i will come to america so i can sit in one of his services

we should not have health centers set up were they will only meet the needs for a certain group but they are set up for that very reason

the one i was going to was an all aborigonal health center my pastor his wife and the members in our church go to this center and when i was looking for a good dr i was told to go to the one they were going to my pastor said they have white drs also working with there drs the center had a good approach they also had mental health workers and support for single mothers

it puzled me why i was appointed to a white dr as i said i have no problem having an aborigonal dr seeing me

what hurts me is by what i have observed and this should not be were the church behaves as the out side world

this is evident in my country and only know are we adressing this as christians

God bless from damo

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

Racism is everywhere. If only people go to church for spiritual nurture and not for social functions, then this issue stops.

But then again, our spirits need renewal. If there is actual burning of our living sacrifices, then many would not be worthy facing God with our wrong motives.

God is not mocked, souls of redeemed people do not have color in the sight of God. All are spotless. :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

1-look at the way they were treated in the past

2- may be they were trying to figure out why you were in a clinick that is mainly set up to give service to the black people

1- I don't understand :P

2- Well it wasn't me, it was some people I knew. But they didn't know they weren't welcome.

2- may be they were trying to figure out why you were in a clinick that is mainly set up to give service to the black people

1- I don't understand :P

2- Well it wasn't me, it was some people I knew. But they didn't know they weren't welcome.

in australia there are certain centers that make it very clear who ther target groups are they even give you a missions statment and in the missiion statment they point out who their target group is for example

in the farming community i just moved from we set up a community foot patrol the atorneys genral department gave us a fair bit of money and a 12 seater van each year we get a new van with rejo payed by the atorneys genral department

in our missions statement we listed who our target group was and what age group we were working close with our target group was the local aborigonal youth so we made it clear that we will not on friday and saturday nights take any white child home

the reason why we said this the kids we were reaching out to were the ones who were seen as the trouble makers in the farming community i found my self living in

we had sevral parents call our office and stated it was unfair we said this is in clear print

the kids we were taking home would hang out in the mall and behind the service station until 5am

so may be they did not under stand what you were really wanting them to explain if they stated that they wil not service kids that are white why bring this to this forum and then have members hear respond ?

they have done nothing wrong by turning people who are of a difrent color for example white away

may be they only have funding to cater for their own kind

each month we had to send a report showing the atorneys genral department how many kids we were taking home on friday and saturday night what age they were and then the atorneys genral department wanted to know with out naming the child who was drunk and who was stoned as these kids would drink and take drugs on friday and saturday nights

the money the atorneys genral department gave us was to pay for the use of the building like rent electricty gas and then came the phones and computers and inter net we also had to show were the money was spent and then you had the staff who were being payed plus uniform and uhf radios and petrol

so we had to have a sign ingraved on the side of the van stating who our target group was it said community foot patrol for the local aborigonal youth age 8 to 18 the kids would call us we would meet them were they were calling from and we would take them home also we provided counsling and meals to the aborigonal youth at no cost to them

did you ask for a missions statement steve ?

God bless from damo

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

1- I don't understand :emot-hug:

in australia there are certain centers that make it very clear who ther target groups are they even give you a missions statment and in the missiion statment they point out who their target group is for example

in the farming community i just moved from we set up a community foot patrol the atorneys genral department gave us a fair bit of money and a 12 seater van each year we get a new van with rejo payed by the atorneys genral department

in our missions statement we listed who our target group was and what age group we were working close with our target group was the local aborigonal youth so we made it clear that we will not on friday and saturday nights take any white child home

the reason why we said this the kids we were reaching out to were the ones who were seen as the trouble makers in the farming community i found my self living in

we had sevral parents call our office and stated it was unfair we said this is in clear print

the kids we were taking home would hang out in the mall and behind the service station until 5am

so may be they did not under stand what you were really wanting them to explain if they stated that they wil not service kids that are white why bring this to this forum and then have members hear respond ?

they have done nothing wrong by turning people who are of a difrent color for example white away

may be they only have funding to cater for their own kind

each month we had to send a report showing the atorneys genral department how many kids we were taking home on friday and saturday night what age they were and then the atorneys genral department wanted to know with out naming the child who was drunk and who was stoned as these kids would drink and take drugs on friday and saturday nights

the money the atorneys genral department gave us was to pay for the use of the building like rent electricty gas and then came the phones and computers and inter net we also had to show were the money was spent and then you had the staff who were being payed plus uniform and uhf radios and petrol

so we had to have a sign ingraved on the side of the van stating who our target group was it said community foot patrol for the local aborigonal youth age 8 to 18 the kids would call us we would meet them were they were calling from and we would take them home also we provided counsling and meals to the aborigonal youth at no cost to them

did you ask for a missions statement steve ?

God bless from damo

You cannot apply the way things are done in one country to another. In America, what you have described in Australia is not only culturally unacceptable here, but it is also illegal to descriminate based on race.

You cannot apply the way things are done in one country to another. In America, what you have described in Australia is not only culturally unacceptable here, but it is also illegal to descriminate based on race.

This is true, Damo, and it's what I was trying to tell you, too. You said:

no i have not been to america but i have read enough to under stand what the black people had to put up with

Reading what black people in America have gone through doesn't mean you know what it's like for a black person in America now. There are laws protecting blacks. I don't know if there are laws in Australia that protect minorities, and I don't know how "socially acceptable" prejudism is there. I don't live there. But I do live in America. I just got done taking a multicultural class at a university. I don't know experientially what it's like to be a minority, but I know a little better now what they have to put up with. It still does not excuse racism on their part. It's not a matter of "they're getting shoved in a mud puddle so they're shoving back" type of thing. And it's truly not okay to say, "I got shoved in the mud puddle 200 years ago, and that gives me the right to shove people in mud puddles now." (I hope my silly word pictures are making sense. :emot-hug: )

At any rate, I'm kind of with Xan in that what you keep saying doesn't fit well with what we know of your personality. I'm wondering if there's not a "button" of some sort that needs to be dealt with?

:blink:

no their is nothing that i need to deal with or hand over to god what steve said and what i am going over by what he was told it could have been to lack of funding or they could have been given a certain amount and the amount they were given is only being focused on the ones in real need

what is so hard to understand by what i said to how we do things hear isaiah ?

things have changed my pastor sat me down and told me what his people had to put up with due to me not really seeing what was done to my pastor and his people as i came to australia in 1971 from yugoslavia

the group i use to help it was a secular group the head manager i met him threw a friend of mine she was running the dropp in center she was with this group young life

certain centers in australia wil have a missions statement and it wil say who the target group is that they are reaching out to and what services they offer

churches do this they wil tell you who their target group is and they will give you a missions statement

not all churches though do what i pointed out

my pastor said to me aborigonal people lost all there rights they could not vote it was very hard for them an aborigonal person could not even travel or go over seas isaiah

the orginisation i offered to support and help asked me to come on board they wanted christians working along the side with their out reach workers the reason why the members in the church i was involved with the kids the community foot patrol wanted to reach out to the elders and my pastor and his wife new their parents also some of these kids had a connection with our young people

the attorneys genral department made it clear we will only help you though you need to focus on one group so my friend decided to focus on the ones who were being neglected these kids were also causing trouble and the police did not know what to do with them as they were young when i say young from the age of 5 to the age of 15

on friday and saturday nights the parents would hang out in the pubs and rsl clubs thes kids would come to the mall and hang out until 5am

we had one young kid go on a smashing rampage he got a steel bar and used this steel bar he smashed around 40 windows in the mall

we had young girls asking older men to buy them alcahol we were called to a park were there was a young aborigonal girl vomitting blood we called the ambulance and one of the out reach worker sat by her side we also called her parents but they did not care

each year we got given a new van with rejo payed for

the churches were aproached and asked to come on board but not one person who my friend had talked to was intrested in comming on board

our church was the only one who took intrest in what the community foot patrol was doing isaiah

i have done a fair bit of out reach work isaiah and with the orginisations i got involved with for them to be able to bring the services they had to offer they needed funding

you are just not hearing what i was trying to say to steve your country is diffrent from my country isaiah

so how is by what i suggested is it seen as me being racist i am also croation and i know what its like to be looked down on

know the police are no longer arresting these young people the police are know working with the community foot patrol to were they tel the community foot patrol where the kids are and who needs a lift home also the police are know taking these kids home the mayor has come behind the community foot patrol to were we have gone in other country towns and shown them how we have done things and have helped set up the same out reach service we ofer in these country towns that have asked for help

have you heard of the term stolen generation ? in the church i was involved in we had members who were taken from their parents when they were young also my pastor said he was in a camp specificaly set up for aborigonal people they were kept away from the white population

i have not held anything back from you or xan when i share i share from the heart and what i have observed

the community foot patrol wanted to make sure the cultrual rights of the target group we were reaching out to were respected

now our goverment is making it hard for the parents who abuse there centerlink payment in out backs towns a lot of kids are going with out food the money these kids parents get from center link is being spent on alcahol and drugs not on there kids what the goverment has done is control their payments to were the money they get is only spent on the kids and a lot of these kids have not been going to school

so when i was asked to come on board i had the full support from my pastor and his wife and the aborigonal elders and members who i had gotten to know these people supported me

what hurt me not one youth pastor wanted to come on board when approached as this would have given the other churches a chance to put into action what they hear preached on sunday morning instead they looked down on us

i am not angry by what you have left me isaiah and by what xan has left me

and i wil not have what i say twisted i notice christians are good at doing this isaiah i say this as a brother and i hope i have been able to point some things out and how we do things hear in australia

God bless from damo

God bless from damo

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Damo, what have I left you? There are different laws in different countries. I wanted you to understand that what is done in Australia is illegal here; which is why your suggestion of mission statements does not apply. If you came on here addressing a situation in Australia or Philipines, I would not focus on how things are done here. Instead, I would ask you questions and try to understand culture and laws of the place you are talking about. I would imagine with your cultural background and moving to different continents you should be very adept at doing just that.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

this thing can't be settled. confusion breeds more confusion.