• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Why don't the modern faith healers take their schtick to the local hospitals of the towns they are visiting??? Wouldn't it be more expedient and far easier to document healings in a hospital??? I mean if you have the person's own physician standing right there to verify the results, wouldn't that be far more convincing???

The problem is that under those circumstances, the validity of much of what passes as "healing" wouldn't be possible.

Because there is no "shtick".

And it's not a magic wand to be waved over a body.

Healing comes from God and is a work of His. Those who poke fun at it, IMO, are poking fun at Him! And that's exactly what "tongue in cheek" questions such as these are doing. You may question the validity of WOF type people, but don't lump all healing into the same pile. And if you're not doing that, please clarify. :noidea:

A big Amen for that. :th_frusty:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Why don't the modern faith healers take their schtick to the local hospitals of the towns they are visiting??? Wouldn't it be more expedient and far easier to document healings in a hospital??? I mean if you have the person's own physician standing right there to verify the results, wouldn't that be far more convincing???

The problem is that under those circumstances, the validity of much of what passes as "healing" wouldn't be possible.

Healing comes from God and is a work of His. Those who poke fun at it, IMO, are poking fun at Him! And that's exactly what "tongue in cheek" questions such as these are doing. You may question the validity of WOF type people, but don't lump all healing into the same pile. And if you're not doing that, please clarify. :th_frusty:

IMO, Shiloh's use of one of his peoples' slang terms was not intended to poke fun. I did not see his question as being cheeky but legitimate. God can heal people in hospitals, and a hallmark of our Lord's religion is to visit the sick. He has asked us to go to them. I'm not saying preachers and other Christians don't because many do, but why don't the Charasmatic faith healers take their ministry to the hospitals? That would be a greater show of God's outpouring on His people. I'm treading lightly here because I don't want to be mistaken as one who shouts to God and say, "Prove yourself!" He does not need to do that. He is God, and He is soverign. He should never be asked to prove Himself. However, if the Latter Rain doctrine was true, and if these revivals were true, then God would have His people go to the sick and the infirmed.

Guest shiloh357

Healing comes from God and is a work of His. Those who poke fun at it, IMO, are poking fun at Him! And that's exactly what "tongue in cheek" questions such as these are doing. You may question the validity of WOF type people, but don't lump all healing into the same pile. And if you're not doing that, please clarify. :th_frusty:

I believe in genuine healing, but not in the circus that these so-called "faith healers" generate in their meetings. I am not poking fun at genuine healing at all. But I reject any notion that these charlatans are anything but what they are.

The fact is, if they were genuine, they would go to to where the sick people, the REALLY sick people are. They don't, though. There are people in hospitals at death's door, about to die of terminal diseases like pancreatic cancer, or are suffering from strokes and so forth. There people who have inoperable diseases and missing body parts due to car accidents and so forth.

If their work is genuine, let's see some bonefide terminally ill people walk out of hospitals who have been cured and let's see the documentation.

If they are genuine, then they should not be threatened by legitimate scepticism and they shouldn't be threatened by being put to the test.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

So whose to say some of those healings (outside of hospitals) aren't genuine? I'm sure the ones who recieved them believe they are geniune. They were the ones dealing with their problem. So because they don't have a drs. report it's not real? I have seen several healings in my family, I can't back them all with drs. reports, does that make them less real. I can tell you I can walk around without excruciating pain in my feet now, the pain disappeared miraculously after a Sunday morning service when my pastor recieved a word of knowlegde for someone needed healing in their feet. I can't prove with a drs. report so it can't be real?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

God does allow babies to be born with ills because we live on a cursed world. When Adam fell the world became cursed, so we are born a cursed people into a cursed world, but Jesus came and broke that curse, restoring us back into fellowship with our Father and ALL He has promised us. We accept Christ we accept His promises into our lives. I don't have to settle for the curses of this world. There are over ten thousand promises in the Word that I can claim as mine as a co-inheriter with Christ. Healing is one of them. How is God's children walking around with sickness and lack lifting up His name? We are to rule and reign as kings and priest. Jesus said that the kingdom of God is with in us, that means we have Royal dominion with in us. We are to be the head and not the tail. If I am not living in the promises that God has promised me, I am not living in royal dominion and I am not the head.

Hmmmm......I thought only Christ was the head of the Body.

I'm sure your not purposly misinterpreting what I meant. Christ is the head of the church.

I'm not purposefully misinterpreting, I just don't know what you mean by "We are to be the head not the tail."

God wants us to walk in victory. He wants His church to be ahead of the world, to be the top not the bottom. He's called us to victorious living. Yet the church in general lives in lack and despair that is not what God wants for us. We are to be a an example of God's goodness to His children, so He will be glorified.

At what time in history did the church not live in "lack and despair"? I'm confused, because it seems that you're advocating the same type of spirituality of the charismatics, who generally believe that there will be a great revival in the church at some near point. Please explain.

There is comming the former and the latter rain together, which will greater the anything that the Church has ever seen

we are in the latter rain now, and we are senning healings and miracles and signs & wonders.

imagin what the former & latter rain will be like.

Jesus is coming back for a glorious Church, one doing mighty signs & wonders.

whe Jesus come back, We'll be just like Him.

The "former rain" and "latter rain" have nothing to do with miracles, signs and wonders. They pertain to the first and second comings of Christ. They have nothing to do with revival. Basically, the phrases have been hijacked to support some belief in an "end time revival."

The Bible's definition of "The former & latter rain" Is signs & wonders.

If the original text says, Out standing miracles and great works of power, Then I'd rather believe it then Your opinion.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

So whose to say some of those healings (outside of hospitals) aren't genuine? I'm sure the ones who recieved them believe they are geniune. They were the ones dealing with their problem. So because they don't have a drs. report it's not real? I have seen several healings in my family, I can't back them all with drs. reports, does that make them less real. I can tell you I can walk around without excruciating pain in my feet now, the pain disappeared miraculously after a Sunday morning service when my pastor recieved a word of knowlegde for someone needed healing in their feet. I can't prove with a drs. report so it can't be real?

No one is saying that at all, Stacey. I think everyone on this thread believes God still heals. No one has said He doesn't. Shiloh's question, which is a good one, is why don't the faith healers go to the sick?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If God is supposed to heal EVERYONE, why does Kenneth Hagin Jr. still wear glasses???

:noidea:

...And why does Benny Hinn have a personal physician?

Perhaps even the great "faith healers" also lack sufficient faith for their own healing. :emot-hug:

Still waiting to hear about all those "raising the dead" ministries.

Smith Wigglesworth raised people from the dead thru the power of the Holy Ghost. Rhineheart Bunky has a powerful ministry abroad.

:th_frusty:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You know, we wouldn't need "faith healers" (hate the term) if the Body of Christ was operating out of all the wondrous gifts that God desires to give her! It is becasue the local churches have failed in this area that those who operate in their gifts become more of a celebrity among believers. If the Body of Christ were functioning on all cylinders, we would be receiving our healings regularly within our own local churches as the gifts of the Holy Spirit are to be manifest within each church group to comprise a whole Body of Christ to that congregation.

Therefore, all this concern and difference of opinion on healing would not have a place among believers today--too bad.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

You know, we wouldn't need "faith healers" (hate the term) if the Body of Christ was operating out of all the wondrous gifts that God desires to give her! It is becasue the local churches have failed in this area that those who operate in their gifts become more of a celebrity among believers. If the Body of Christ were functioning on all cylinders, we would be receiving our healings regularly within our own local churches as the gifts of the Holy Spirit are to be manifest within each church group to comprise a whole Body of Christ to that congregation.

Therefore, all this concern and difference of opinion on healing would not have a place among believers today--too bad.

You heal anyone lately?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Jesus never charged for healing. Neither did the apostles. So why do the faith healer celebrities charge hundreds of dollars?