IGNORED

Disappointed and saddened.

Guest HIS girl

Guest shiloh357
There is no excuse available for seasoned Christians who know better. There is no provision in the Bible for asking God forgiveness, but having no intention on changing the bad behavior.

no excuse, i agree. but no grace? paul said we shouldn't continue in sin just cuz grace abounded. he never said the grace would stop if did continue. your post kind of sounds like your putting limits on God's grace.

No, what I am saying is that the Bible makes no provision for those who come to church on Sunday to get "forgiven" while fully intending to go back out commit the same sins over again. God does not honor false piety or insincere repentance. There is no grace for that because it is what the Bible calls "wickedness." Wickedness is when a person enjoys sin to the degree that they look for more opportunities to sin and have no compunction about what their sins do to themselves or others. They live for it.

That is why it says in Proverbs that "the sacrifices of the wicked are an abomination to God..." Their worship is insincere, and is even more offensive to God than if they didn't worship at all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl
If the *F* word and the *S* word only meant what they meant and not the other stuff, perhaps they wouldn't be cuss words.

Umm....I must be somewhat dim tonight.....

No matter what they mean - you can't seperate the sense of vulgarity from these words.

Not to sound pious at all, but I make a point of NOT using these 2 words in particular.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

If the *F* word and the *S* word only meant what they meant and not the other stuff, perhaps they wouldn't be cuss words.

No matter what they mean - you can't seperate the sense of vulgarity from these words.

Not to sound pious at all, but I make a point of NOT using these 2 words in particular.

I never swear. Before i was a servent of JESUS, I never swore. I say things like shoot or darn it or son of a gun. They have never been replacement phrases and they are not considered vulgar by onyone that i know.

If a person who has had the habit of swearing can use other words to express the same emotion, HOOOOORRRAAAYYY. That is the sign of a real overcomer and a person of good self control.

Sometimes the legalism is too intense.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

There is no excuse available for seasoned Christians who know better. There is no provision in the Bible for asking God forgiveness, but having no intention on changing the bad behavior.

no excuse, i agree. but no grace? paul said we shouldn't continue in sin just cuz grace abounded. he never said the grace would stop if did continue. your post kind of sounds like your putting limits on God's grace.

No, what I am saying is that the Bible makes no provision for those who come to church on Sunday to get "forgiven" while fully intending to go back out commit the same sins over again. God does not honor false piety or insincere repentance. There is no grace for that because it is what the Bible calls "wickedness." Wickedness is when a person enjoys sin to the degree that they look for more opportunities to sin and have no compunction about what their sins do to themselves or others. They live for it.

That is why it says in Proverbs that "the sacrifices of the wicked are an abomination to God..." Their worship is insincere, and is even more offensive to God than if they didn't worship at all.

A little off point but this sounds like the very oposite of grace and more like legalism.

Salvation is through faith alone in JESUS alone. Not faith and being good enough. The Bible says "ALL" who call upon the name of the LORD "WILL" be saved. It does not say, "all who call on the name of THE LORD will be put off to the side to see if they are good enough".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yea, swear words are not really needed to communicate Christian messages -- especially to someone who may not know God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

My father in law always said the only real 'dirty' word was the 's' word. :blink: He also told his kids that no matter what word you use, use it in a soft and quiet manner. Meaning whatever word you use try not to use them in anger. In the entire time I knew him I never heard him use a 'bad' word although once or twice I heard him use normal words in a bad way. Its always the intent behind the word that matters not really the word itself. Although shucks sounds much better than hmm some other word the implications behind the word is what should be the issue. I am not advocating using foul language though.

Guest HIS girl

A little off point but this sounds like the very oposite of grace and more like legalism.

Salvation is through faith alone in JESUS alone. Not faith and being good enough. The Bible says "ALL" who call upon the name of the LORD "WILL" be saved. It does not say, "all who call on the name of THE LORD will be put off to the side to see if they are good enough".

Go and read Shiloh's insight in the studygroup forum : topic - A Biblical Understanding of Grace. May clear things up a bit. Helped me. :thumbsup:

Guest shiloh357

I think you are missing the point. I am not talking about being good enough.

There is a difference between a true Christian who stumbles in a sincere attempt at serving God, and a person who sins gratuitously and enjoys the lifestyle. There is no comparing true confession and repentance with confessing a particular sin with the full intent of going right back out to intentionally committing the same sin. God does not honor that perons's prayer and they are only decieving themselves. They are not truly sorry, they are just looking for a way to salve their conscience.

What would you think of a person who is committing adultery with a certain person and goes to church to ask God for forgiveness while still intending to commit adultery that evening with the same person??? I am sorry, but there is no provision for that in the Bible. God does not honor false, insincere repentance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I think speckles was attempting to explain what makes something a cuss word and using those two words as examples as just about everyone agrees that they are vulgar.

Guest HIS girl

I think speckles was attempting to explain what makes something a cuss word and using those two words as examples as just about everyone agrees that they are vulgar.

Please help me out...

So if those 2 four letter words were spoken, in the manner of their original meaning, then that would be fine? Is that it?