• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Tetragametic chimerism is a less common cause of congenital chimerism. It occurs through the fertilization of two ova by two sperm, followed by the fusion of the zygotes and the development of an organism with intermingled cell lines. This happens at a very early stage of development, such as that of the blastocyst.

Someone posed the question of whether the soul forms at conception, and if so, does a chimera human have two souls.

I'm guessing yes, no. That one vessel ends up with one soul. It is an unusual situation, though-

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

How could you ever determine this?

Good question. That's why I figured I'd post. Someone raised the question on YouTube. Figured it was worth bringing up.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Tetragametic chimerism is a less common cause of congenital chimerism. It occurs through the fertilization of two ova by two sperm, followed by the fusion of the zygotes and the development of an organism with intermingled cell lines. This happens at a very early stage of development, such as that of the blastocyst.

Someone posed the question of whether the soul forms at conception, and if so, does a chimera human have two souls.

I'm guessing yes, no. That one vessel ends up with one soul. It is an unusual situation, though-

So long as the human soul is part of the genetic makeup of humanity, then the question is moot.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

So long as the human soul is part of the genetic makeup of humanity, then the question is moot.

I am not sure what this is. If there are two humans, there are two souls. If it is one human with two different DNA, which I think is what you are talking about, it would have 1 soul.

GOD would have known well in advance what was going to take place, and, while we look at the formation of a human as one specific process that happens one specific way, GOD may not. If HE wants to make a human in some other way, than HE can and still only have one soul prepared for that person.

Still, it is a quetion that can not be answerred in the limitted comprehension of our finite minds.

I am not sure what this is. If there are two humans, there are two souls. If it is one human with two different DNA, which I think is what you are talking about, it would have 1 soul.

GOD would have known well in advance what was going to take place, and, while we look at the formation of a human as one specific process that happens one specific way, GOD may not. If HE wants to make a human in some other way, than HE can and still only have one soul prepared for that person.

Still, it is a quetion that can not be answerred in the limitted comprehension of our finite minds.

No. You're missing what I'm saying. If it has human DNA then it has a soul. If the human soul is part of the "human" DNA then it doesn't matter how the human is formed.

No. You're missing what I'm saying. If it has human DNA then it has a soul. If the human soul is part of the "human" DNA then it doesn't matter how the human is formed.

Do you have any evidence that the soul is contained in DNA?

This is a philosophical issue so of course there's some speculation involved. I can find no evidence from Scripture that the human soul enters an infant or unborn at a specific time, so therefore I conclude that the soul is a part of the genetic makeup. Where do you find that this is a logical problem or a contradiction with Scripture?

And you missed what I was saying. GOD has that under control. One soul will be enough.

I am not sure why you would think that GOD is that limited or that a soul is imparted at any particular point. I am certain that the soul has nothing to do with the flesh and that DNA is only the building blocks for the flesh. DNA is not spirit.

Where do you read that "if it has human dna it has a soul"? I have never seen that in the Bible.

Edited by kross

And you missed what I was saying. GOD has that under control. One soul will be enough.

I am not sure why you would think that GOD is that limited or that a soul is imparted at any particular point. I am certain that the soul has nothing to do with the flesh and that DNA is only the building blocks for the flesh. DNA is not spirit.

Where do you read that "if it has human dna it has a soul"? I have never seen that in the Bible.

The Bible shows that the soul of man is his mind, emotion and will. These items are clearly a part of the genetic makeup.

The human spirit is another part of man.

You're confusing the two.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

I think this can be a result of IVF? The dominant one has the soul. It cannot be two souls in one, it is still one person, because there is one body. I'm really confused now. :thumbsup:

The Bible shows that the soul of man is his mind, emotion and will. These items are clearly a part of the genetic makeup.

The human spirit is another part of man.

You're confusing the two.

I would disagree with you. The dis-embodied souls in heaven are not of the flesh or of DNA, and I would say they are spirit.

While I am conscious of the difference between "the spirit" and "the soul", that difference does not establish that both entities are not spirit. It simply establishes that there are two different attributes of spirit to a person.

Though, I can see where your point of view is from and it is a valid as any, I am still inclined to think GOD has all of that covered. The person is still formed by GOD, planned by GOD and thus, is indowed with a soul as GOD decides to do it.

Maybe the reason they join is becouse one of them doen't have a soul, a genetic defect, and so the two become one.