Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Almost 2 decades ago, a solid Christian man asked a woman out on a date to a bible study. She agreed to go. During that date, he discovered that she had faith in a God, but thought Jesus was just a great teacher.

He dumped her at the end of that date, telling her that it was wrong for him as a Christian to be with someone who was not, no matter how terrific she was. He had to honor what the Lord wanted, not what he wanted.

That night, without any hope of seeing him again, she asked the Lord it that was what He wanted, for her to believe in His Son. She became born again. The whirlwind radical change in self kind of born again. She attended church and grew as a believer. Two months later on, the man asked her out on a date again, seeing her conversion and knowing it to be genuine.

They will be married, as it was His will, for 17 years this July.

There is no guarantee that every nonbeliever a Christian dumps will be saved, but honoring the Lord and not being yoked with an unbeliever is how we should live. In the above case, it worked out well. I became a believer and my husband and I have a good marriage. Most importantly, He is glorified in the marriage, and in the courtship. If we place Him first, then we do as He wills. He does not want us to marry to an unbeliever. Once married tho, a Christian is to remain with the unbeliever, as divorce is also not in His will.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Almost 2 decades ago, a solid Christian man asked a woman out on a date to a bible study. She agreed to go. During that date, he discovered that she had faith in a God, but thought Jesus was just a great teacher.

He dumped her at the end of that date, telling her that it was wrong for him as a Christian to be with someone who was not, no matter how terrific she was. He had to honor what the Lord wanted, not what he wanted.

That night, without any hope of seeing him again, she asked the Lord it that was what He wanted, for her to believe in His Son. She became born again. The whirlwind radical change in self kind of born again. She attended church and grew as a believer. Two months later on, the man asked her out on a date again, seeing her conversion and knowing it to be genuine.

They will be married, as it was His will, for 17 years this July.

There is no guarantee that every nonbeliever a Christian dumps will be saved, but honoring the Lord and not being yoked with an unbeliever is how we should live. In the above case, it worked out well. I became a believer and my husband and I have a good marriage. Most importantly, He is glorified in the marriage, and in the courtship. If we place Him first, then we do as He wills. He does not want us to marry to an unbeliever. Once married tho, a Christian is to remain with the unbeliever, as divorce is also not in His will.

Great testimony, sis. God always honors our obedience. An He understands the pain we go through in order to obey Him. I really respect people who are married to an unbeliever and decide to stick it out for the sake of the call. I also repect those who decide not to go through with a marriage because it would make them unequally yoked. You are all those who have walked away from things for the sake of your faith. You are Hebrews 11 believers.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

I too married an unbeliever and it has been the greatest blessing in my Christian walk as it has forced me to my knees in my own brokeness more times than I can count. When I trust the Lord to bring new Life into my husband I truly witness change that could only be GOD in action. It was 12 years before my husbands heart was transformed and he found the Love and saving grace of Our Saviour Jesus, but well worth the wait. It took many prayers and an act of God. Never give up hope! If I was too suggest one thing to a believing spouse it would be: Dont be a dripping faucet on the subject of conversion. Just take it to the cross, be an example of the fruits of the Lord, and let God do His miracle in His time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

My pastor spoke of how he and his wife came to Christ. They married each other before they were saved. He got saved first and everyday would come home from work and ask his wife if she got saved. She said no. He said well you are going to hell then. One day she asked him will you be in hell? He said no. She said sounds great, at least you wont be there to nag at me. (She eventually got saved.)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

My pastor spoke of how he and his wife came to Christ. They married each other before they were saved. He got saved first and everyday would come home from work and ask his wife if she got saved. She said no. He said well you are going to hell then. One day she asked him will you be in hell? He said no. She said sounds great, at least you wont be there to nag at me. (She eventually got saved.)

:33: great story AJ!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

'zuriel7'

My topic wishes others views on this:

A man & woman wish to marry.

One is born-again, the other believes in "God" being raised Catholic, but has left that church and does not practice at all, and has not experienced being born-again.

Several questions enter my mind:

1) Would God bless such a union.

2) Would God honor the born-again's prayers for the lost Catholic to become born-again.

3) Does it say specifically anywhere in the bible that this marriage should not occur? If so, Book & Verse.

4) Does God place two people together for the benefit of another (being the lost partner).

Hello zuriel7,

I will answer briefly your questions

1. If a believer married a non-believer then that person would have sinned against God. And that believer needs to repent of the wrong doing they have done. And you will have to live with the consequences for doing so. God blesses us for doing that which is right that's why one who has gone against His word needs to repent. I do not believe the believer in such a union will be blessed until they find forgiveness for going against God's word. For such unions are not ordained of God to be enter into.

2. If the born again believer has been reconciled to God for their wrong if they needed to be then yes God would honor their prayers in regards to the lost. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

3. 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

4. The Lord will never place two people together one being a believer the other a non-believer for the benefit of the unbeliever as God will not go against what He has said in His word on the matter so it is not the Lord's will to do that. But we know that people do not always believe God. I do believe God can place people in our lives that we may have a Christian influence on but we should never go against God and marry someone who is a nonbeliever thinking that we will ultimately change them for God because the opposite can happen to the believer and they find themselves being influence the other way.

Others have given the scriptural reference in 2 Corinthians 6 for not being unequally yoked with an unbeliever so I want give them again here just some comments. The scriptures in 2 Corinthians 6 actually goes back to an Old Testament story where the Philistines had taken the ark of God where God's presence dwelt in and they took it and set it up by an idol god called Dagon in their temple as Dagon was the fish god that the Philistines worshipped instead of Jehovah.

It is a very interesting story that is found in 1 Samuel 5 but I included this because it shows how God was moved by being yoked or put together with an idol god. But it also shows something to the ones who may be in these type of situations that God is greater than any idol god that others may worship. As this give encouragment to those believers who may have gotten born again after they were married but their spouse is still a nonbeliever still.

For the believers who are in Christ it would be a sin for them to marry a non-believer after being born-again. There are several reasons for this. First you would have no Christian fellowship within your marriage which is important in a marriage to have as each can lift one another up in the Lord. Second is if they were to be children born in the marriage more than likely the children would be raised really confused in what they believed about God as both partners in the marriage would have their own ideas and beliefs that they give and impart to the children when teaching them and the two parents would be at odds. And also you are the temple of the Lord the place where God's presence abides God's ark in other words and you have been translated to the kingdom of light. The nonbelievers of this world still remain in the kingdom of darkness and are still idol worshippers as they do not serve the Lord Jesus Christ so we are not to take ourselves and join with idol worshippers in a marriage because light and darkness have no fellowship one with another they are in direct opposition to one another.

Now we all know that we as Christians can make mistakes and not obey God and then choose to do our own thing in life.

If a believer does this and goes against the word not to marry unbelievers and marries anyway then I want to point out that you need to ask forgiveness for what you have done. You will have to live with the consequences of your actions. (not in the cases of physical violence get out by all means)

Those that are married to an unbeliever can, I believe still have happy marriages despite this fact but your fellowship will not be in God but more of the things of this world. I believe strongly in the conversation or the Christian behaviour and conduct of the believers within these unequally yoked marriages as it is very important to be lived out in front of the unbelieving spouse as God's presence I believe can win out over the darkness of the unbeliever and eventually it will crumble like the idol god Dagon in the story of 1 Samuel 5.

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Proverbs 27:15

15) A quarrelsome wife is like

a constant dripping on a rainy day;