IGNORED

Wicca is the fastest growing religions in the U.S.

the truth

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/17/1977

While many Christians today are closely monitoring the growth and activity of Islam, especially after 9/11, another religious movement has been steadily growing under the radar and could become among the largest religions in the United States in less than five years.

Wicca is the fastest-growing religion in America, set to be the third largest religion by 2012, claims Marla Alupoaicei, who co-wrote the recently released book Generation Hex with fellow Christian author Dillon Burroughs.

The numbers of adherents are doubling every 30 months, she says.

Furthermore, every major city in the United States has networks of Wiccans, adds Burroughs.

Certain parts of the country, such as the Pacific Northwest, the mountain states (New Mexico and Colorado) and areas near Salem, Mass., are the strongest in the U.S.,he says. However, I live in Tennessee and have found pockets of Wiccans in Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia to interview. I didn't have to travel far or even outside of the so-called Bible belt to find Wiccans.

Click here for complete article:

Wicca Experts Encourage Christians to Engage America's 'Fastest-Growing' Religion| Christianpost.com

For a good booklet on Wicca go here http://www.pfbaptistpress.org/204.htm

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

wouldn't suprise me. It fits the times.

It's green friendly ( they like nature )

It's kind but doesnt require anyone to take a strong moral stand on much of anything

It's flexible (there are like how many branches of wicca?)

It's mysterious (thus attempting to meet man's desire for mystery and things he can't explain)

It's old (or claims to be, though I doubt any of them actually practice what is historical)

It's familial (an answer to the mega church movement)

and its the same thing we've seen over and over again since the OT....

:taped:

:noidea:

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life;

but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

:halo:

:angel:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

so true we are watching this close in my country as islam is spreading like wild flower my old worship leader moved with his family to indonesia and is working close with sevral indonesian brothers to broad cast the gospel in their language '''

in indonesia you cant preach the gospel unles you are invited my worship leaders son who is only 18yrs old was invited to share the gospel to some indonesian students and then was invited to come back this time they told him to bring some bibles when he came back for the second time their teacher who was an immam sat in on the session and listened and did not mock what my worship leaders son had to say very bold young man preaching with out fear to the muslims

how it works in indonesia you leave your mobil phone number with some one from one of the communitys or neihbourhoods and when they respond they will tex you

my worship leader loves it living in indonesia and sharing the gospel to the muslims were he and his family are it is safe they are prottected and he has a muslim go with him on his travels even his wife and kids have like their own body guards making sure no harm comes towards them

wicka is growing fast but islam is growing more faster

i got the chance to preach and share my testimony in bacolod jail my fiancee is a filapino pastor i preached to over 600 prisoners and half of the population was muslims they did not scare me or did they mock what i had to say we have 32 priosners who have given their lvies to god i wil be preaching again when i am with my fiancee in dec i wil be away from this forum for a month and come back on the 7th of jan 2009 i plan in october 2009 to stay with my fiancee who wil be my wife on the 15th of dec 2008 for three months this wil give me the chance to get to know some of the muslims i shook hands with i am praying that the lord opens up a window were they respond

last night i was listening to a male aussie who was a witch he said more males are taking on witchcraft and they dont proffes openly to the public or do there neighbours know they are male witches what this guy said by 2020 he hopes all religons can get on and our beliefs will be accepted by the public he sees him self as the three sisters from charmed fighting evil spirits making medicen to bring healing to the sick he said he is not a bad witch as i was listening i prayed for him i prayed that god would draw christians around his life the occult is also drawing the public

in the community i lived in it had its own magic festival very occultic town every time a new church was introduced to the town it would not last long the pastors would high tail it and the members would disperce

damo

God bless damo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:emot-pray:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If we take a closer look at those who call themselves "Christian Wiccans", you will see how easy it is for an unbeliever to want to agree with them. With Christ, we are shown our sin and are moved to allow Him to create a new life for us. In Wicca, they are not. They are told to only do good, placing themselves on the throne of decission. A lot of Woman's Libbers like the idea of a goddess, removing the authority of a God being the head. They also believe the law of three, which replaces the WOFers idea for increase. Do good and it will come back to you three fold. They also believe that Gods energy is in everything, so they worship God in everything, as it is said in scripture that they will worship the creation and not the Creator. They also see Love as being complete by loving the energy of God in everyone, unlike today's Christians that stand firm on only one belief, they say.

I have a daughter that is a Wiccan and have other people whom I have been talking with that came out of Wicca. As in any lie from Satan, the lie is very close to the truth that it will and does deceive many. This is an growing ministry for those whom God has called to step into this realm to save those who can be saved.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

As in any lie from Satan, the lie is very close to the truth that it will and does deceive many. This is an growing ministry for those whom God has called to step into this realm to save those who can be saved.

True, that. I used to be a solitary Wiccan (or at least a pagan, but they didn't make distinctions like that back then. I didn't go for the goddess as such, I had a whole pantheon, mostly Celtic and Norse). If I weren't a Christian I would still be one. It is very appealing to the mind of man...or at least any one who does not by into materialism or a technological world view (or Christ, of course).

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I hope that the first part of your post was sarcastic. I do not believe we need to fret or be alarmed about anything. There is nothing new under the sun. In the end, Christ wins, so it's all good.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I hope that the first part of your post was sarcastic. I do not believe we need to fret or be alarmed about anything. There is nothing new under the sun. In the end, Christ wins, so it's all good.

It was...but in truth i do worry about alot of things i can do nothing about and we are saturated with the evil in the world on a daily basis.

Oh, but there is something you can do! Prayer Warriors are Gods strongest warriors! Behind every warrior, you will find prayers being given in behalf of those on the front lines. It is also written ..

Matthew 5:13-16

Salt and Light

You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.