Update for anyone interested

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Over the past year or so I had a number of threads regarding things I didn't like about my previous church, including teenagers barefoot in the sanctuary. Friends & relatives agreed with me that it seemed disrespectful while many of you came down on me and saw nothing wrong with it. However, I'm not here to rehash that so please don't flame me again.

We left that church four months ago and have not looked back. After visiting two churches that didn't inspire us, we finally found one we really like. Our spirituality has been rejuvenated and we are more active in this church than we ever were in our old one. If I do find things I don't like about this church I will not bring them to this forum; however, I believe that the peace and joy that we're feeling will last and I will seek to always look for the good.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I'm really glad for you. God has surely blessed you for your perseverance.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I'm so glad you found a church where you feel comfortable.

I have to tell you. As I read your post, a movie scene popped into my head...a scene from the movie Major League.

Wild Thing is on the mound during pre-season practice having altered the uniform by removing the sleeves. The manager sternly tells him..." we wear sleeves at this level son".

Seems proper dress does have it's place.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Over the past year or so I had a number of threads regarding things I didn't like about my previous church, including teenagers barefoot in the sanctuary. Friends & relatives agreed with me that it seemed disrespectful while many of you came down on me and saw nothing wrong with it. However, I'm not here to rehash that so please don't flame me again.

We left that church four months ago and have not looked back. After visiting two churches that didn't inspire us, we finally found one we really like. Our spirituality has been rejuvenated and we are more active in this church than we ever were in our old one. If I do find things I don't like about this church I will not bring them to this forum; however, I believe that the peace and joy that we're feeling will last and I will seek to always look for the good.

Well, not being one to hold back, I will say this.

Bare feet and cut off shorts and sleazy attire do not belong in church. The wisest man ever to walk the Earth knew enough to dress in his very best when he went to the temple. It is a show of respect. If I go to a wedding, I wear a suit. If I were to go to meet the president, I would wear a suit. When I go to someones house in nice clothing, they feel as if I have done something to honor them.

I would never go to GOD's house and dress in any other way.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

Well, not being one to hold back, I will say this.

Bare feet and cut off shorts and sleazy attire do not belong in church. The wisest man ever to walk the Earth knew enough to dress in his very best when he went to the temple. It is a show of respect. If I go to a wedding, I wear a suit. If I were to go to meet the president, I would wear a suit. When I go to someones house in nice clothing, they feel as if I have done something to honor them.

I would never go to GOD's house and dress in any other way.

That's right Kross, we do wear our best because we love the Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Oh boy, this is a topic I have mixed feelings on...

I'm new, so I'm not familiar with Shy Christian's previous posts on their former church, but I've attended churches where it was very laid back in terms of dress...and I loved it. I was raised in a tradition where women wore dresses/skirts to church on Sunday morning, and the men always in suit/ties. As God dealt with me about becoming more "free" and getting out of my religious box, He changed my outlook on such things as "dress"--that it's ok for women to wear slacks/jeans to church, and the men to not always be in a suit---because God wants and desires worship in Spirit and in truth, and isn't necessarily concerned with the outward appearance. BUT I was going to a church not too long ago, very charismatic, Toronto-Blessing type church (hope people here know what I mean by that) and there were young ladies with very short dresses/skirts on up front worshipping away, one young woman's "thong" line visible thru her clothes as she lay prostrate on the floor, and no "modesty cloth" or whatever covering her.

I do think some people take "freedom" a little too far, and have not been taught about modest apparel, especially in today's charismatic climate.

Edited by alycia

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Oh boy, this is a topic I have mixed feelings on...

I'm new, so I'm not familiar with Shy Christian's previous posts on their former church, but I've attended churches where it was very laid back in terms of dress...and I loved it. I was raised in a tradition where women wore dresses/skirts to church on Sunday morning, and the men always in suit/ties. As God dealt with me about becoming more "free" and getting out of my religious box, He changed my outlook on such things as "dress"--that it's ok for women to wear slacks/jeans to church, and the men to not always be in a suit---because God wants and desires worship in Spirit and in truth, and isn't necessarily concerned with the outward appearance. BUT I was going to a church not too long ago, very charismatic, Toronto-Blessing type church (hope people here know what I mean by that) and there were young ladies with very short dresses/skirts on up front worshipping away, one young woman's "thong" line visible thru her clothes as she lay prostrate on the floor, and no "modesty cloth" or whatever covering her.

I do think some people take "freedom" a little too far, and have not been taught about modest apparel, especially in today's charismatic climate.

I grasp the concept of the freedom thing and I would never tell someone how to dress for church. It still comes down to the respect issue for me. GOD is GOD and should always deserve our best effort in everything.