• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

Furry tongue is an oral yeast infection basically. It's often associated with the injestion of a broad spectrum antibiotic. Normally you have yeast and bacteria in your mouth at all times. When someone takes a broad spectrum antibiotic, it disrupts the normal flora of the mouth allowing the yeast to feed on what normally the bacteria would have taken care of. This allows the yeast to flourish and causes a furry tongue. It can also cause Candiasis or most often referred to as Thrush.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Hey,

I was reading the side effects of an antibiotic a few weeks ago....and it could give you a 'black furry tongue'

crazy huh. :emot-highfive:

It always amazes me be, on those drug information sheets that take up 2 whole pages of print. Blurry vision, nausea, diahhreah, problems urinating, dizziness, incoherence,blindness , death are just a few of the ones that i have seen. What could a person be suffering from that could warrant taking such medication?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

:emot-highfive: ewwwwwwwww

Guest LadyC

makes ya kinda rethink the value of using herbs, vitamins, and DIET for their healing properties doesn't it? after all, that's what God created them for.

seriously.... you see those two pages of fine print for every drug available, and then so many products that are given out like candy by doctors start being the target of class action lawsuits after being on the market for five years or so.

it's ridiculous. my mom is on so many medications it's not even funny, and most of them are to control the side effects from the other medications.

ya know, pharmaceutical medicine as we know it today has only been around for about the last 100 to 150 years. how did people survive prior to 1900?

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

makes ya kinda rethink the value of using herbs, vitamins, and DIET for their healing properties doesn't it? after all, that's what God created them for.

seriously.... you see those two pages of fine print for every drug available, and then so many products that are given out like candy by doctors start being the target of class action lawsuits after being on the market for five years or so.

it's ridiculous. my mom is on so many medications it's not even funny, and most of them are to control the side effects from the other medications.

ya know, pharmaceutical medicine as we know it today has only been around for about the last 100 to 150 years. how did people survive prior to 1900?

Molasses and sulfur! Ain't kidding! Every spring at least in the south my grandmother would line all the kids up and give themn a tablespoon or so of the nasty stuff. She learned it from her mom and so on. Very very seldom did any of them ever get sick. My mom did that for the first two kids and they never got sick until they got older and decided they could rebel and the rest of us didn't have to take the stuff unless we got really sick. Lucky for me I am allergic to sulfur! lol My husbands mom did that with all 8 of them and only one kid was ever sick and he had gotten stuck in a snowfall off a building and developed asthma from it. Besides these days everyone is afraid of germs, we hear all the time to keep antibactrial on hand at all times for out kids as well as ourselves. Kinda sad that some parents teach their kids not to get dirty, how are they ever going to build up a tolerance. My sister used to be on no less than 20 pills a day and has weaned herself off most of those and suddenly she has enough cognitive ablities to start driving again!!

Guest LadyC

yuck, molasses and sulpher????? nasty!

i rarely gets sick. of course, i'm nutritionally deficient because of my dietary habits, so i'm sure when i'm older i'll have everything. anytime i start feeling something coming on, i head it off with zinc, echinacea and goldenseal, and it doesn't develop into anything. except for a particularly nasty case of strep throat a few years ago... and stupid me, i took the antibiotics that the doctor prescribed. the strep was gone in three days, but the side effects were miserable for two weeks.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Unfortunately, many did not. A lot of people succumbed to things that are so easily and simply treated today. I had a Great-Grandpa who died of blood poisoning from an abscessed tooth; another relative who bled to death in childbirth in 1926 - all kinds of drugs today could have saved them both. Just wasn't meant to happen yet, though I guess... :whistling: