• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I realize that as a "senior citizen" I take a dim view of some things others might dismiss as no big deal. This has to do with the way some dress, or don't dress I should say when attending church.

What do you think of a married woman who is 68 years old, showing up to see a pastor for counseling, wearing a short top, very short shorts along with sheer white knee high stockings?

Am I being overly sensitive to say that I find this offensive, and YES I am praying for her! Is it just me?

She has really, really bad taste. No one should wear that. Knee-highs are for wearing under pants! :noidea:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

There probably should be a Constitutional Amendment against sexagenerians wearing short tops and very short shorts! And against fat plumbers in blue jeans bending over!!!

I think the woman is suffering from delusions of being a 19 year old.

I just suffer from delusions of adequacy..................

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I noticed that some people become comfortable with a style that "worked" for them at a certain point in their lives. For example, there is a nice fellow who is in his' 40's that is seen around town in short (1970's length) mens shorts. I can't figure out where he gets them. Anyways, he's a good example of how people don't change their style of dress as they get older, sometimes.

I also agree that the pastor should have another woman present or would politely suggest that she might be more comfortable talking to a Sister.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/26/1948

There probably should be a Constitutional Amendment against sexagenerians wearing short tops and very short shorts! And against fat plumbers in blue jeans bending over!!!

Yes, none of this is what it is cracked up to be. Dr Ruth would say, "Hell no!" We are all delusional to a degree. My delusion is thinking if I hang around a few more years I will grow up and be somebody.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Everyone has added some interesting thoughts to this. Just to add a bit more information to clear up some concerns. The woman in question is NOT have senile problems, she is sharp as a tack mentally. She has always dressed "provocatively", so this is not some late life crisis.

Given that, it still is a perplexing situation. No way am I able to know her motives or reasons for why she does this. I am just really bothered by the lack of modesty I see in a lot of women in the church but especially bothered that someone has no regards for how this looks when visiting a pastor.

Scripture says we are to shun all appearances of evil and I feel that being clothed improperly gives the appearance of "evil" or better immorality, whether it is true or not.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

:) Leonard, you may be on to something here! :whistling:

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I do not know why this would have been moved to advice. I did not see a request for advice at all.

As a single pastor myself, women are trouble.

If it were me, I would have asked her to leave and return when she was properly attired. But then, I am not in a position where I have to worry about being fired.

Women are trouble? That's like saying men are all a bunch of arrogant, bigoted pigs.

How about some grace here people. This lady is going for counselling - who knows what her past is. Women don't tend to dress like that on the whole unless they have some pretty big issues. No woman likes being treated like a piece of meat - and if that's how she's been dressing her whole life, then that's how she would have been treated.

Judge not and you will not be judged. Conseqently - with the same judgement you judge others, so shall it be given to you. And that's talking about christians.

If it's deliberate, then she still has issues that need to be worked through. And what is a guy doing counselling women one on one in a pastorial position anyway?

Avoid the appearence of evil. It works both ways.

(And not saying that her behaviour is right here - but until you know the situation, there is no place for judging this lady, love always needs to be our first stop - not self-righteousness)

Edited by yesult

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Everyone has added some interesting thoughts to this. Just to add a bit more information to clear up some concerns. The woman in question is NOT have senile problems, she is sharp as a tack mentally. She has always dressed "provocatively", so this is not some late life crisis.

Given that, it still is a perplexing situation. No way am I able to know her motives or reasons for why she does this. I am just really bothered by the lack of modesty I see in a lot of women in the church but especially bothered that someone has no regards for how this looks when visiting a pastor.

Scripture says we are to shun all appearances of evil and I feel that being clothed improperly gives the appearance of "evil" or better immorality, whether it is true or not.

Glory, some people simply have no clue that they're dressing that way is wrong. God needs to lay it on their hearts. Others I have worked with, on occasion, have found that this helps them manipulate men, such as the woman that the early Proverb chapters warn about. Do you really know this woman to be the first or second type? If you haven't taken the time to get to know her and be God's witness in her life, then you really need to ask yourself why you haven't.

Wow that's weird Leonard because I suffer delusions of adequacy AND delusions of being 19 years old.

:thumbsup:

.... I think the woman is suffering from delusions of being a 19 year old.

Wow that's weird Leonard because I suffer delusions of adequacy AND delusions of being 19 years old....

:thumbsup::emot-pray::thumbsup: