• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

And you believe that simple verbal intervention is not enough. That GOD will not honor the effort and step in, That your authorities are better equipped than GOD.

Why did God have armies in the past and why does He still have them today?

Why are you not laying that on GOD? After all, HE could have put an end to it long before I came around. HE could have never let it start. So who is the more guilty party?

So instead of reporting the abuse to the authorities, you would rather lay the blame on God. It's His fault that the child is being abused, because He could have stopped it at any time.

Now, this is all a hypothetical situation. You believe that my faith is not as valuable as your police. You believe that I should put more trust in a broken system than in a pefect GOD. Your basic faith is that GOD will not work. My basic faith is that GOD will work.

Yes, this is a hypothetical situation, but did you ever think that maybe God put you in that location for the soul purpose of calling the authorities and saving that child?

Man,

How many battles did GOD win for Israel without them lifting a finger, just because the prayed and told HIM they could not do it?

I do not contradict myself.

Yes we are to feed the hungry, house the homeless, and clothe the naked,

You can feed the hungry, house the homeless and clothe the naked, but if it is not saving a soul or making a disciple or leading folk to know JESUS, then it is of no importance.

I will not hand out money to a person on the street.

Like many who use the bible that way, I see you took the quotes out of their context, failed to finish the thought, just so you could make it look like contradiction. So Let me restate them.

Yes we are to feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the naked for the purpose of sharing the gospel.

I will not give a homeless man money, I will offer to by him a meal, or give him a blanket, or a room or place to stay, but I will not hand him money.

Just to put them back in context.

I took nothing out of context, you said what you said.

You preach about the homeless and doing God's work, and then you state that if no one is lead to Christ, that the work you did for the homeless is of no importance.

This is your exact quote about not giving money to someone.

I would help the man with a meal or even a room for the night in a motel. I will not hand out money to a person on the street.

If they come to the church, I might.

You "might" fork over a dollar if they came to your church? You're also saying that you might not. I didn't know there were conditions attached to doing good deeds.

What if the guy didn't want a meal or a room for the night? Would you just turn your back on him? You say you'd kick down the money for a room, which in today's economy is about 50 bucks, but you're not willing to give the guy a couple of bucks. ( which is probably all he's expecting )

That tells me a lot about you.

You rant and rave about worldly influences and how we should stay away from things like that, but I notice that hasn't kept you from giving your opinion in the political forums. You even have a thread there talking about taxes.

You talk down to people. You're arrogant, boastfull, and full of self injected pride. Many of the things the Word tells us not to be, you are.

Man,

How many battles did GOD win for Israel without them lifting a finger, just because the prayed and told HIM they could not do it?

Why does God even allow an army to exist, if He's going to do it all?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/09/1977

I was reading James this morning and came across a few verses that I think is going to be beneficial to this topic.

James 2:14-26

14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 18 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds and I will show you my faith by what I do. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demonds believe that - and shudder. 20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Issac on the alter? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. 24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone. 25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Just thought I'd share some of my Bible reading with you all this morning :emot-hug:

I do not contradict myself.

Yes we are to feed the hungry, house the homeless, and clothe the naked,

You can feed the hungry, house the homeless and clothe the naked, but if it is not saving a soul or making a disciple or leading folk to know JESUS, then it is of no importance.

I will not hand out money to a person on the street.

Like many who use the bible that way, I see you took the quotes out of their context, failed to finish the thought, just so you could make it look like contradiction. So Let me restate them.

Yes we are to feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the naked for the purpose of sharing the gospel.

I will not give a homeless man money, I will offer to by him a meal, or give him a blanket, or a room or place to stay, but I will not hand him money.

Just to put them back in context.

I took nothing out of context, you said what you said.

You preach about the homeless and doing God's work, and then you state that if no one is lead to Christ, that the work you did for the homeless is of no importance.

This is your exact quote about not giving money to someone.

I would help the man with a meal or even a room for the night in a motel. I will not hand out money to a person on the street.

If they come to the church, I might.

You "might" fork over a dollar if they came to your church? You're also saying that you might not. I didn't know there were conditions attached to doing good deeds.

What if the guy didn't want a meal or a room for the night? Would you just turn your back on him? You say you'd kick down the money for a room, which in today's economy is about 50 bucks, but you're not willing to give the guy a couple of bucks. ( which is probably all he's expecting )

That tells me a lot about you.

You rant and rave about worldly influences and how we should stay away from things like that, but I notice that hasn't kept you from giving your opinion in the political forums. You even have a thread there talking about taxes.

You talk down to people. You're arrogant, boastfull, and full of self injected pride. Many of the things the Word tells us not to be, you are.

I do not hand money to people to use indiscriminately. I do not fund drug and alcohol addictions. I have paid bills for people, baught them bus ticket (that can not be refunded for cash) provided housing, clothing, food. But I will not hand out money. Sorry that is not as much as you do. I will try to live up to your example. What would that be exactly?

You read an awfull lot of emotion into black and white print. Where does that emotion come from?

And I do not do one good work in the world without the intention of it reflecting on JESUS for the purpose of saving souls. Not one finger lifted to do something good in any other name or for any other reason. I get the impression you think I should apologize for that, or be ashamed of my motivation. I am not.

Man,

We are HIS army. And if we folowed HIS orders, stayed with HIS battle plans, we would win.

I do not hand money to people to use indiscriminately. I do not fund drug and alcohol addictions.

So it is your belief that all people living in the streets are either drug addicts or alcoholics?

Man,

We are HIS army. And if we folowed HIS orders, stayed with HIS battle plans, we would win.

What do call those people over in Israel who have guns? Are they not an army?

Again, why are they allowed to exist if God is just going to do it all?

A number of you chose to hammer my response to the kid being abused.

IF GOD has me in the position to help, then HE has done so based on my disposition, my calling, my annointing, my spiritual gifts.

That being the case, I am to assume one of two things;

I am supposed to respond the way I would respond, which is why GOD had me there, Speak with the parent, share the gospel, influence the heart and mind of the parent(s), save a family from destruction, save a souls, save the child and keep them all intact.

OR

I am supposed to ignor all of who I am and the calling on my life and the annointing and motivation that is in me and call the poice, have a parent or parents put in jail, tear a child from his mother, have him placed in a system that can rsult in good or bad things.

If GOD placed me in that position, it would be because HE has established my success prior to my arival. Otherwise, HE would have placed someone else in the position.

Man,

What do call those people over in Israel who have guns? Are they not an army?

Again, why are they allowed to exist if God is just going to do it all?

Because Israel does not live by GOD's laws anymore.

When Joshua had sin in the camp, what happened when the army went to AI?