• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

I do not hand money to people to use indiscriminately. I do not fund drug and alcohol addictions.

So it is your belief that all people living in the streets are either drug addicts or alcoholics?

It i my belief there is no reason to hand them money. People who are not willing to meet the needs of people just hand them money so they can feel they have met the requirement.

If GOD placed me in that position, it would be because HE has established my success prior to my arival. Otherwise, HE would have placed someone else in the position.

I guess He hasn't established that, since you're not in that position.

I do not hand money to people to use indiscriminately. I do not fund drug and alcohol addictions.

So it is your belief that all people living in the streets are either drug addicts or alcoholics?

It i my belief there is no reason to hand them money

Because you believe they're junkies and alcoholics, or is this belief based on scripture?

Because Israel does not live by GOD's laws anymore.

So you believe that Israel is no longer under the protection of the Most High?

The reason Israel has an army is because they abandoned God?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Because Israel does not live by GOD's laws anymore.

So you believe that Israel is no longer under the protection of the Most High?

The reason Israel has an army is because they abandoned God?

Oh, HE is still protecting them. But HE is not doing all the work for them anymore. They will have war and they will loose lives. This did not happen when they were first a nation that honored GOD's commands. They had many battles where they killed thousands and lost no-one. They had many enemies tha were displaced by GOD sending swarms of hornets, and angels, and simple mental images that scared them away or caused them to kill one another.

If we do what HE says to do, HE will take care of the rest.

I see that you have decided to jump all over the place to find somethig to pick at. Which is fine. I do not mind if you just choose to ignor everything I have said.

Guest Biblicist

kross,

I was thinking of this thread recently. Considering where our country would be if Men of God did not get involved in Worldly Affairs.

It is possible that we would all still be living in Europe, or Great Britain. Or we would be under a King's rule, instead of the democracy we have now. While it is not perfect, by any means, it was founded on Godly Principles. Thanks to Men of God who concerned themselves with Worldly concerns.

Praise the LORD for those men. :)

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776. The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I often take some heat in these posts because I do not believe in the power of government over GOD. I see the plight of the world and I know that only GOD can make the changes we want to see.

There is no place in all of the teaching and scriptures that tells us Christians should be all wrapped up in the concerns of the world. We are supposed to be singularly focussed on the spread of the gospel and the saving of souls. What good we do, we are to do for the honor of GOD and the glory of JESUS CHRIST.

I come here to try to undo decades of bad teaching and wrong ideas of what we are supposed to be in the world. Most importantly, to undo the teaching that sitting on the couch and praying will not get it done when this is the most important thing we can do, take our hands off and let GOD have it.

For God so Loved the World....Jesus defeated Satan on the cross with Love...of course the World is cursed..thanks to darkness...and we know the end of the story..in the mean time...Jesus wants to see us display his love and obediance and faithfulness thru light...this isn't a big game of tag your saved like many want to believe...everybody is tested everyday ...your attitude, behavior, and actions...are they godly or ungodly...Godly loving or satan hateful...

Love always protects...you better be concerned about the world...I want my family in a safe, Godly loving environment....and it is not easy because of people like you...if your not striving for that and don't care...then the enemy sneaks in and brings about wickedness and destruction...

As a child of God, Jesus is suppose to be within us...we are suppose to be wheat amongs weeds...light amongst darkness...I disagree with you totally...I think Children of Jesus should be striving for positions of authority....whether Government, Corporations, Entertainment, etc. .and proclaiming and living the Love of Jesus...And instill his way into this world...and not just talk it...but live it...

I never saw JESUS doing that in the scriptures. I guess i will have to go back and look. Seems to me HE told us to seek the position of a servant, not authority.

I feel sorry for you. You think you can do better than GOD. Have at it.

God did not call us to hide in our churches, christian forums and little circles, we are called to be a light to the world, to use our minds and pay attention. We are called to be alert and to help shepherd the flock, as well as be fisher's of men.

We have to live in the world as a productive alert Godly member. In my workings with people, issues, current events and worldly problems, I have seem numerous doors open to share my savior with believers whose hearts were softened by the weight of these events on their individual lives. It is a great travesty to me that we would ignore the fact that we are called to be christian warriors in every respect, not just passive beings with no care to the peole and situations going on around us. That is how we got in this big mess everywhere on this earth. Inactive christians, with their eyes closed and too focused on the creator that we can't see the work he called us to do.

my soul grieves this travesty and indeed the spirit inside me. "you wil know them by THEIR deeds" their fruits. I cannot find anywhere in the Bible that says we should wrap our selves up in an unattached christian life and not care about the world God gave us, meaning its problems, solutions, etc.

Indeed the spirit inside me grieves.