• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Acts 3:19

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

Acts 2:38

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 17:29-31 (New International Version)

29"Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

RunningGator,

re:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

A Muslim has the same conviction you do when talking about the truth of God/god's word. And since Muslims outnumber Christians, whose to say they aren't right? I think its much nicer knowing that everyone goes to the same place after death.

Wrong. The majority of the world's religions population is Christian. See here:

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

And, while we will ALL die, we will not all go to the same place. Not even close. :cool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The idea of a supreme being is logical, after all, the big bang needs a big banger!v :cool:
I don't think that a big banger is part of the theory. Besides the big bang might be living on borrowed time. Multiverses might take over. Just a guess. :emot-hug:

Even multiverse theory begins with a bang of sudden inflation, and thats mostly considered by fantasy writers and sci fi geeks ( i happen to have a great appreciation for sci fi, and thats about all the multiverse theory has going for it )

The idea of a supreme being is logical, after all, the big bang needs a big banger!v :thumbsup:
I don't think that a big banger is part of the theory. Besides the big bang might be living on borrowed time. Multiverses might take over. Just a guess. :cool:

The hypothesis of the big banger also has a major flaw. Most big bangerists insist that the big banger is also perfect. A perfect big banger has no needs or wants, completeness is a necessary part of perfection, therefore the bing banger has no logical reason to start the big bang. The only reason to do anything is in response to something else, if the big banger suddenly had a reason to create the big bang after having not had a reason to start the big bang for the eternal past, it stands to reason that there is something greater than the big banger which prompted Him to snap out of His eternal non-action.

NC let me say this is the finest logic ive seen you use to date... Kudos from me for recognizing this and sharing it :thumbsup:

Now why would you assume that God had no reason to create the bang... you dont think He wanted to bring forth something to love? a family? you assume He has no reason? Do you have reason for doing the things you do?

The idea of a supreme being is logical, after all, the big bang needs a big banger!v :thumbsup:
I don't think that a big banger is part of the theory. Besides the big bang might be living on borrowed time. Multiverses might take over. Just a guess. :cool:

The hypothesis of the big banger also has a major flaw. Most big bangerists insist that the big banger is also perfect. A perfect big banger has no needs or wants, completeness is a necessary part of perfection, therefore the bing banger has no logical reason to start the big bang. The only reason to do anything is in response to something else, if the big banger suddenly had a reason to create the big bang after having not had a reason to start the big bang for the eternal past, it stands to reason that there is something greater than the big banger which prompted Him to snap out of His eternal non-action.

NC let me say this is the finest logic ive seen you use to date... Kudos from me for recognizing this and sharing it :thumbsup:

Now why would you assume that God had no reason to create the bang... you dont think He wanted to bring forth something to love? a family? you assume He has no reason? Do you have reason for doing the things you do?

I am not perfect nor complete, I have needs to which I respond with actions. Is your big banger also not perfect and complete? The only reason anything needs something else is to attain completeness. Was His own love not enough for Him to be complete? Was the Jesus and the Holy Spirit not enough for Him to be complete? Obviously it had been enough for an eternity or He would have done it sooner. What then caused Him to be less than complete and to want more than what He had?

So where do you see in the bible that God is "complete"? Does perfect and complete also mean He has no desire to give love to someone or something? Why does perfect to you seem cold? God is perfect LOVE we are told, and perfect LOVE desires an object to be the recipient of the expressions of that LOVE

You really dont know much about our God NC... i dont mean this in a degrading way, you just have Him labled as so cold and hateful, when the truth is He is love and joy and peace, and He desires to give these gifts to you even

.... The only reason anything needs something else is to attain completeness. Was His own love not enough for Him to be complete? Was the Jesus and the Holy Spirit not enough for Him to be complete? Obviously it had been enough for an eternity or He would have done it sooner. What then caused Him to be less than complete and to want more than what He had?....

Hush Hush Dear One

Patience Patience Dear One

No Need At All To Fret Young Master

The LORD Will Return Soon In Power And Glory

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Romans 9:22-24

>>>>>()<<<<<

Fatherhood

As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 9:25-27

Is A Wondrous Thing

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

James 1:17

Put Down By Mockers And Stinkers Alike As Weakness You See

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Jeremiah 31:3

But Still He Calls, Hay Sinner Look At Me

And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Numbers 21:9

Believe In The LORD Jesus Christ And Be Born Again

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:14-15

Into The Most Wonderful Family

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:1

Crying Daddy

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6

I Love You

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

RunningGator,

re: