• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

WolfBitn,

re: "Are you suggesting we don't?

Well, I have never been able to consciously CHOOSE any of the beliefs that I have and no one that I have asked has ever demonstrated such an ability; so yes, I guess I am suggesting that.

Are you implying that you have the ability?

Do you believe that you are sitting at a computer talking to some guy about this topic?

When you get into an airplane do you have the belief that it will get you to where it is going?

Nobody starts off as a Christian, so in turn 100% of those that are Christians CHOOSE to believe the Bible and CHOOSE to believe that Jesus is the living Son of God.

If I did not consciously CHOOSE to believe in Jesus, why and how did I go from unbelief to belief?

I have to say that outside of this forum and a couple of atheist on it, I have never heard this idea that we cant consciously CHOOSE any of our beliefs. If we cant choose them, how do we get them and how do they change?

Gator, my friend...

Take it from me - this question from this poster has been discussed to the point of exhaustion... Of course we consciously choose.... I wish you success in getting the point across, but I'm not going to hold my breath... :laugh:

I'm glad of that, Kat2. We don't want to see you looking like a smurf! :laugh:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

Is it not hypocritical that one minute we are being told that very few who claim to be Christian are really Christians but those "not real Christians" are reclaimed again if it somehow seems they might support some position?

Horse feathers..... :laugh:

I find the athesitic arguement very dishonest

And desperate....even though they are probably not conscious of that.

Haha, Christians are the ones who have to be "apologetics" now. That's pretty desperate. Having to explain your faith using "creation science" is desperate. Fearing that the faith of the world is no longer in your power and thus trying to force schools to teach "Creationism" to bring it back is desperate. They want "Creationism" taught as a "science" and alternate theory of our origins and yet they refuse to allow a scientific committee to scrutinize the "theory" and decide if it has scientific merit or not. All desperate.

Did you reread your post and REALLY look at your words? Spouting lies and skipping with glee won't make anything any different, Matrix. You revealed your true self and your true agenda in the paragraph above; your hatred of Christians is palpable. You are doomed if you don't repent and ask Jesus to save you. I will pray for you.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

WolfBitn,

re: "Are you suggesting we don't?

Well, I have never been able to consciously CHOOSE any of the beliefs that I have and no one that I have asked has ever demonstrated such an ability; so yes, I guess I am suggesting that.

Are you implying that you have the ability?

Do you believe that you are sitting at a computer talking to some guy about this topic?

When you get into an airplane do you have the belief that it will get you to where it is going?

Nobody starts off as a Christian, so in turn 100% of those that are Christians CHOOSE to believe the Bible and CHOOSE to believe that Jesus is the living Son of God.

If I did not consciously CHOOSE to believe in Jesus, why and how did I go from unbelief to belief?

I have to say that outside of this forum and a couple of atheist on it, I have never heard this idea that we cant consciously CHOOSE any of our beliefs. If we cant choose them, how do we get them and how do they change?

Gator, my friend...

Take it from me - this question from this poster has been discussed to the point of exhaustion... Of course we consciously choose.... I wish you success in getting the point across, but I'm not going to hold my breath... ;)

I'm glad of that, Kat2. We don't want to see you looking like a smurf! :thumbsup:

You are too much!!!! ;)

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Matrix:

Ah, I bet you'd love to live back in the olds days where heretics were "silenced" wouldn't you? If we're falsely accusing it, as you say, why feel the need to defend using science? Why even feel the need to defend it? Not strong enough in your faith?

And I have a thing for all religions, not specifically yours.

When anyone like yourself constantly SPEAKS LIES about Scripture, it is much more telling of you and evidence of your spiritual, moral and intellectual schizophrenia.

The fact that others defend the Faith because you MUST attack, you MUST go where Christians congregate simply to trash all things Christian, you MUST accuse and lie as you do; says NOTHING about the strength of our Faith.

IT SAYS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU.

Furthermore, you tried that tactic on the other board cvor, remember? It didn't work then, why in the world do you think it will work now?

That pretty much says it all.

I'm here in the section where its an open invite for atheists to comment. And that's what I do. The board has the Apologetics section here, I didn't bring it.

Matrix,

God's Blessings. I have questioned why the forum allows atheists to comment at length and I was told that atheists are seeking ... and I suppose that must be true. I think maybe they are seeking validation and assurance that their beliefs (or lack thereof) are right. I do not know why someone who is so sure God doesn't exist would spend so much time in the midst of those who are so sure He Does.... Odd, don't you think? We believe in The Almighty and His Mercy and Grace. We believe His Son, Jesus Christ shed His Blood for our sins. If you believe none of these things - you sure do spend a lot of time here... That is why I pray for your salvation and that God will be merciful to you. His Grace is for all who but only accept it and repent. Blessings.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Matrix:

Ah, I bet you'd love to live back in the olds days where heretics were "silenced" wouldn't you? If we're falsely accusing it, as you say, why feel the need to defend using science? Why even feel the need to defend it? Not strong enough in your faith?

And I have a thing for all religions, not specifically yours.

When anyone like yourself constantly SPEAKS LIES about Scripture, it is much more telling of you and evidence of your spiritual, moral and intellectual schizophrenia.

The fact that others defend the Faith because you MUST attack, you MUST go where Christians congregate simply to trash all things Christian, you MUST accuse and lie as you do; says NOTHING about the strength of our Faith.

IT SAYS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU.

Furthermore, you tried that tactic on the other board cvor, remember? It didn't work then, why in the world do you think it will work now?

That pretty much says it all.

I'm here in the section where its an open invite for atheists to comment. And that's what I do. The board has the Apologetics section here, I didn't bring it.

Matrix,

God's Blessings. I have questioned why the forum allows atheists to comment at length and I was told that atheists are seeking ... and I suppose that must be true. I think maybe they are seeking validation and assurance that their beliefs (or lack thereof) are right. I do not know why someone who is so sure God doesn't exist would spend so much time in the midst of those who are so sure He Does.... Odd, don't you think? We believe in The Almighty and His Mercy and Grace. We believe His Son, Jesus Christ shed His Blood for our sins. If you believe none of these things - you sure do spend a lot of time here... That is why I pray for your salvation and that God will be merciful to you. His Grace is for all who but only accept it and repent. Blessings.

Thats a good point Believer

I have found that they are as evangelical as we are... only whereas we seek to convert the nonbeliever, they seek to DEconvert the believer. Ive seen this openly admitted as i have debated scores if not hundreds of atheists

Haha, Christians are the ones who have to be "apologetics" now. That's pretty desperate. Having to explain your faith using "creation science" is desperate. Fearing that the faith of the world is no longer in your power and thus trying to force schools to teach "Creationism" to bring it back is desperate. They want "Creationism" taught as a "science" and alternate theory of our origins and yet they refuse to allow a scientific committee to scrutinize the "theory" and decide if it has scientific merit or not. All desperate.

Did you reread your post and REALLY look at your words? Spouting lies and skipping with glee won't make anything any different, Matrix. You revealed your true self and your true agenda in the paragraph above; your hatred of Christians is palpable. You are doomed if you don't repent and ask Jesus to save you. I will pray for you.

Did you read my next post? I think that proves its not a lie about the "secret agenda" of those wanting "creation science" taught in schools. No, I don't hate Christians I just hate what religion will try to do to gain back power. The power struggles I hate.

The agenda is NOT secret. Of course Christians want their views taught along with the secular stuff. How does Creationism take away any 'power' from atheists and agnostics? Do y'all have power? Btw, you're involved in the biggest power struggle in history right now. :emot-highfive:

have power? Btw, you're involved in the biggest power struggle in history right now. :emot-questioned:

Yeah, but not as science, as indoctrination. Religions always target kids to "convert" because of their lack of experience and not yet developed reasoning skills.

As for the power struggle, I don't think atheists are trying to gain power. They're trying to free minds from religious constraint. We worship no god, we don't gather every day or every specific number of days, we don't require priests or sacrifices/ceremonies, we don't kill civilians in the name of anything, etc. What power do we have if everyone is a free-thinker? None. And that's the point. That's what we're trying to get at.

The Lord doesn't indoctrinate....He saves. The power struggle is for the souls of man. I'm thinking you're missing the bus here, Matrix. :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Besides, isn't part of your "heavenly reward" relishing in the suffering of those in hell?

two questions...

1. Where did you get that from?

2. Why do you come here? Are you so threatend by our faith that you have to come here and attack it endlessly in hopes of maybe getting one person to turn away?

RG

Yes they are that threatened... not only that threatened they actually loath our religion to the point that it becomes their mission to 'deconvert' christians, and they become the missionary. They make up things like this, Christians relishing in suffering of others, when they themselves relish in killoing the faith of weak christians.