AnotherTraveler

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Many years ago I heard a preacher tell much of this story, so I don’t claim this to be my work, but I am repeating some of what I heard then.

There was a brilliant engineer that worked for a helicopter manufacturing company. He was one day checking out the ejection system that throws you out sideways because straight up would throw you into the rotor blades. Somehow, a system was still active that shouldn’t have been, and he was ejected into the rafters of the building.

Though he seamed lifeless when they got him down, he was found to be breathing but unresponsive. At the hospital they would discover that his brain had been essentially disconnected from his body by the accident. He couldn’t move even an eyelid for he had no ability to get any message from his head to his body.

They hooked up electrodes and found that his brain was still active and responded to stimuli. When his wife and children would come to visit him, the needles that registered brainwave activity would move very much, and the doctors came to realize that he could hear everything around him. One day after a long time, the wife came in to visit, and in the man’s presence, told the doctor that she wouldn’t be coming back anymore. She had received a mercy divorce, and besides, he was a vegetable anyway. The doctor said, come out of here away from him, but the damage was done. The needles that registered brainwave activity moved to the red, and stayed there, day after day. Eventually the doctors removed the meters, not being able to look at these dials anymore.

The man still loved his wife and children, was still as brilliant as when he graduated with honors, but he couldn’t get a message from his head to his body.

Have you ever thought about God’s mind? How brilliant He is, how He designed and created everything so complex, so interwoven, so colorful, and so perfect? Have you considered how frustrating it would be to know everything, have all power, and yet not be able to get a message from His head to His body?

God has given us each gifts according to his will, for the express purpose of delivering His WORD to His body, but the limit in this design is us. WE must believe, WE must earnestly desire the best gifts, WE must make the efforts to excel in these gifts, and WE must seek Him to build up and encourage one another, to remind one another of the love of God, of the purposes of God, of the faithfulness of God, of the great hope of our calling.

While we debate and wonder if the gifts are still for this age (amazing to me!), we leave off from ourselves the nervous system that God designed so that He (as the head) might lead us and guide us (as the body) to do His will in these days. The Holy Ghost acts as the power of God to flow through us, but have we severed ourselves from His pathways through sin and worldly ways? If so, we must cry out for God to once again heal us, that we might hear Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

:thumbsup::th_praying:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

Many years ago I heard a preacher tell much of this story, so I don

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Thanks, but it was what I heard from another, still it is good, isn't it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yes, really, really good! :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/26/1969

What a beautiful illustration!! Thanks for sharing it! You are right we need to use the gifts God gives us & throw "self" out the window. God Bless You!! :emot-highfive: