traveller

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Father Son and Holy Ghost and these three are ONE.

we are made in his image and likeness.

mind/psyce(or soul) body/soma spirit/pnema and thse three make ONE of us.

in the beggining was The Word and the word was with God and the Word was God. and all things that are made where made thru The Word.(and God said let there be light) And The Word was made flesh and dwelt amoung us(Jesus) (read first chapter of John)

is Jesus God? you bet. thats why you have to believe on him. he shed his blood for the attonment of our sins. how humble is that? God Almighty came and laid down his life and suffered and was mocked and whipped and beaten and a crown of thorns mashed on his head and had his beard ripped out just so we could have the oppurtunity not to be destroyed.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/26/1948

I do not have the time to be a pundit in regards to a dynamic of faith that ought to be accepted as truth. If Jesus were not God then we have no salvation. My first thrust into discourse would be this prophetic verse...Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

There are many proofs of coarse but one of my favorites that you haven't mentioned yet is...

HE calmed the seas. In ancient times, as with today, there were many magicians and sorcerers BUT none of them could control the seas. The sea was looked upon by the Jews as a great abyss and was greatly feared. ONLY God could calm the sea. :whistling:

I agree only God could calm the seas.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do:

Christ can do nothing of himself, surly the Father

I do not have the time to be a pundit in regards to a dynamic of faith that ought to be accepted as truth. If Jesus were not God then we have no salvation. My first thrust into discourse would be this prophetic verse...Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Paul explains in 1Corthinians 15 the gospel, that he preached , in where we stand , and by which we are saved..

1Corthinians 15:1-2 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1Corthinians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

There is the Gospel message. Christ died for our sin and rose from the dead, all according to scripture. Nowhere is there the mention we must believe Christ is God in the flesh

Isaiah was correct He is "called God" please read the above post about the Hebrew word God

Nowhere is there the mention we must believe Christ is God in the flesh

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 2Jo 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

If this don't cover your statement I am of all men most miserable.

Edited by Poindexter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

i agree :th_praying:

here is another

John 8: 58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

John 8: 58

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am. Many site this, claiming Christ is saying He is,

The best argument against the deity of Christ is what the bible doesn

John1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

If one had a copy of an English Bible in any of the eight English versions available prior to 1582, one would gain a very different sense from the opening verses of John:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

But nowhere can I find we are to believe He was God in the flesh, or truly God truly man, these are ideas that surfaced after the Bible was written.

What version of the Bible do you read? You should read John Chapter 5 a bit closer...

18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

37 "And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.

38 "You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.

39/40 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

If we place deity on Christ and He is in fact not God, Do we know Him?

We don't place anything on Christ. Who are we to crown the King of ALL creation?

Jesus spoke clearly...

"Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." John 8:58

You really need to get rid of that Watchtower version and buy a good, properly translated version of the Bible...one that has not been corrupted by man.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

In Thomas