traveller

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

You really need to get rid of that Watchtower version . . .

Good call.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/26/1948

Mike s can go on surreptitiously inferring scripture and deploying word reasoning from interpretations of interpretations. But when I read my bible I trust it is readable in a grammatical historical context at the least. And that context does not take into account any prophetic underpinnings. I have given two scriptures that are the meat of the word that incline my belief to the end Jesus is God in the flesh.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Christ is Deity plain and simple. "Let God be true and every man a liar." (Rom 3:4) Now that is a scripture I never really resonate to but it has a ring just now.

The antichrist spirit denies the things of Christ.

Edited by Poindexter

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Good call.

Can every one just insult me now and get it over with

I'm sorry . . . it was looking like a duck and quacking like one, I assumed it was one. Sorry you find it so insulting.

Nonetheless, your rhetoric aligns harmoniously with JW teaching . . .

Sooooo, you're not a believer in the deity of Christ, you claim not to be Jehovah Witness, so are you a Jew?

A Muslim?

You tell us?

Nobody here is hiding their religious affiliation, please do share.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

mike, where do you think Christ is now?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Good call.

It wasn't an insult Mike. It was an attempt to clarify your source of understanding. That simple...

Good call.

It wasn't an insult Mike. It was an attempt to clarify your source of understanding. That simple...

Wayne,

Sorry if I took it the wrong way, but a question as to my beliefs may have not been misinturpted

Not sure what you meant to say here but...

Just to be clear. In order to deny that Jesus is fully God (and fully man), you have to ignore the entire first chapter of the Gospel of John (as well as the rest of the the Gospel of John). You have to ignore ALL that was written in the context of the time, language and culture. The Gospel of John opens up with...

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

and goes on to say...

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

See...this is why I brought up the Watchtower version. The Jehovah Witnesses could not explain this so they simply rewrote it and published their very own translation.

How do you get past that simple and straightforward statement of TRUTH?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

mike, where do you think Christ is now?

Trav,

Seated at the Right Hand of God. Where do you feel He is?

So - do you think he's there, just as a man in a glorified body? :th_frusty:

I believe He ascended to His throne, as Lord of Lord, King of Kings.

But nowhere can I find we are to believe He was God in the flesh, or truly God truly man, these are ideas that surfaced after the Bible was written.

What version of the Bible do you read? You should read John Chapter 5 a bit closer...

18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

37 "And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.

38 "You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.

39/40 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Mike, you didn't respond to this. You chose to respond only to the "watchtower" comment but you didn't respond to this. Why? Did I not answer your question as to why it is important to believe Jesus is God.

Furthermore, do you know what Jesus truly meant when He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. " John 14:6 I mean...not just the words but placing the statement in context to the culture of the Jew? He was speaking to them after all so what did He really say here? Do you know?

I believe He ascended to His throne, as Lord of Lord, King of Kings.

That is what the Book of Acts chapter one records and what was revealed to John and recorded in the Book of Revelation.

Furthermore, do you know what Jesus truly meant when He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. " John 14:6 I mean...not just the words but placing the statement in context to the culture of the Jew? He was speaking to them after all so what did He really say here? Do you know?

Okay okay...gotta go for the day and I can't wait to share this so here goes.

In context to the temple culture of the Jew and the Word of God, Jesus was saying that He is the TEMPLE. Jewish priests apparently referred to the three passages in the temple as the way, the truth and the life. The "way" was the passage from outside to the Outer Court, the "truth" was the passage that led to the Inner Court and the "life" was the passage that led to the Holy of Holies...the very place that God resided. It was the veil that separated the Holy of Holies from the Inner Court that tore from top to bottom when Jesus said from the cross, "It is finished". So Jesus was saying, "I am the TEMPLE in which the fullness of God dwells. I am God." Don't you see it? There is only one way...and the truth opens our eyes to that one way and the result is eternal life in Christ. :th_frusty: