• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

I know this is a largely Conservative Christian site; therefore this probably does not apply to many on here; however, there is a good reminder in this, and I am interested on your opinions and feedback on how American Christianity is shaping.

http://musiccityoracle.blogspot.com/2008/1...out-christ.html

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I know this is a largely Conservative Christian site; therefore this probably does not apply to many on here; however, there is a good reminder in this, and I am interested on your opinions and feedback on how American Christianity is shaping.

http://musiccityoracle.blogspot.com/2008/1...out-christ.html

I would be interested in the book, to see what Mr Horton is actually saying. I do believe that he might have a case. Most of the traditional churches (Methodist, Presbyterian, Reformed, Episcopal, etc) and some of the allegedly evangelical ones (Baptists for example) seem to have branches of the denomination where they dont even recognise the authority of the Bible or they dont believe it to be inerrant/infallible. You get the social gospel, liberation theology, and the like on one end of the spectrum and adherence to rules and traditions on the other. And people who just sleep in the pews and dont let the gospel affect their world-view, much less their lives. But, then again there are still good, Bible believing churches and people who put Christ first.

I do believe that were are in a post modern, post Christian age in the US. People like Oprah get to say they are Christians...and people believe it.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Not to hijack this thread, but what branches of the Baptist denomination are you talking about, LR?

Not to hijack this thread, but what branches of the Baptist denomination are you talking about, LR?

I'm obviously not LR, and I am not sure which Baptist churches are Liberal. However, many of the seminaries are Liberal and are turning out pastors that don't even believe in the fundamentals, including the diety of Christ, but are taught to allow their parishiners to believe in it anyway since it is good for their emotional well-being to believe Christ is Lord. I don't have supporting documentation on this, but I was told this by a graduate of a Conservative seminary and former Baptist preacher.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I posted about this awhile ago, but there is a mainstream denomination that has a female pastor who is muslim and doesnt believe Jesus is anything but a prophet. The denomination wont even remove her. They see nothing wrong with this. This happened at least a year ago. Christ is being taken out of many churches now.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

A few independents and several members of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, generally speaking. Most baptists are Congregational in nature, so ... it's harder to pinpoint than in the Presbyterian (where the PCUSA is the liberal wing) For example, I have run across a few American Baptist churches who were pretty conservative, I did run into a few who also were quite liberal. Not totally sure what the official word is and the website is pretty vague...

Matthew 24

12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

2 Thessalonians 2

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

Matthew 24

13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

:24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

I say...close every single Sunday church building in North America by government decree and thereby force...yes...force the so-called Christians to either get real with their relationship with Christ and with one another or give up playing Christianity all together. So that the unbelieving world might come to see the real and living Christ among the real Christians left.

I say...close every single Sunday church building in North America by government decree and thereby force...yes...force the so-called Christians to either get real with their relationship with Christ and with one another or give up playing Christianity all together. So that the unbelieving world might come to see the real and living Christ among the real Christians left.

Revelation 13

15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

That's one way to get a true accounting of how many of those who profess Christ now will continue to live for God should that ever happen.