• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

I read through those supposed 'contradictions' that John posted. I have both the KJV and the NIV. If you use that wonderful mind the Lord gave you, you plainly see that those 'contradictions' aren't contradictions at all. Both versions say the same thing. The use different words, but say the same thing.

I for one think that this thread is going nowhere, it's no longer a Christian debate, but a debate of the flesh. No love to be found here. People aren't being particularly pleasant, kind, patient, or understanding. They're just asserting their own beliefs as absolute fact. If a brother is close-minded, and only thinks that the KJV is the Word, so be it. If a brother is so bold to think that all translations are the Word, so be it again. If I were a moderator here, this topic would be beyond locked.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Don't blow a fuse Brother JW. I am not one that is easily impressed with wordiness. I do admire your enthusiasm and passion. I need more of that!

Here we go again! (Please note I will not play Bill Clinton's game: define this and that ) I will be very glad to answer your questions and to prove that your claims are off-the-wall nonsense.

My comment: The Septuagint? Please provide the Scriptures that assert that any NT authors considered the Septuagint "Scripture", including the Lord Jesus Christ. Chapter and verse. Where did the NT writers they say they believed and read a Greek text over their Jewish OT? Tell all of us why would a Jew back then would read a Greek text instead of their own orthodox text? Strange.......Again: Now why would a Jew, especially the author, be reading from a Greek OT text (even if there was one)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I read through those supposed 'contradictions' that John posted. I have both the KJV and the NIV. If you use that wonderful mind the Lord gave you, you plainly see that those 'contradictions' aren't contradictions at all. Both versions say the same thing. The use different words, but say the same thing.

I for one think that this thread is going nowhere, it's no longer a Christian debate, but a debate of the flesh. No love to be found here. People aren't being particularly pleasant, kind, patient, or understanding. They're just asserting their own beliefs as absolute fact. If a brother is close-minded, and only thinks that the KJV is the Word, so be it. If a brother is so bold to think that all translations are the Word, so be it again. If I were a moderator here, this topic would be beyond locked.

________

"If you use that wonderful mind the Lord gave you, you plainly see that those 'contradictions' aren't contradictions at all. Both versions say the same thing. The use different words, but say the same thing. "

KJB:

It's the meaning, not the words, brother! Arrg! Why can't you realize this?

I suppose so- well let's treat him with love then, and not fuel the fire, eh? Resist the temptation to argue with him, and perhaps even pray.

Love ya John!

:emot-pray:

Someone make it stop.

make it stop.

make it stop.

make it stop.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I am going to make it stop.

Gentlemen, take a break. We can always look at this topic another day. I'd really not like to see any of you get into the flesh over God's word. That's just not right.

Ecc 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Peace now, brothers. :thumbsup: