Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

In Revelation, John saw a huge angel with a foot in the sea and one on land. This angel spoke, and John was going to record what the angel spoke, but he was told not to record it.

What I would like to know is:

Besides what the angel said - why was John not allowed to record the words? What could be so significant about them that we are allowed to know the angel spoke, but not what he said?

Revelation 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: 2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, 3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. 4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Here the angel cried out, but was the seven thunders which uttered their voices the angel speaking? That is my question.

John was told not to record what the voices uttered, but he did record the angel speaking.

Revelation 10:5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, 6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

As to why not what the voices uttered wasn't allowed to be recorded...I guess in time we will know. :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My comment concerning the angel was a very poor attempt at humor. Rest assured I will consider the audience in the future.

Oh well, different people have different kinds of a sense of humor. We just must have humor operating at different wavelengths.

Here the angel cried out, but was the seven thunders which uttered their voices the angel speaking? That is my question.

John was told not to record what the voices uttered, but he did record the angel speaking.

Picky, picky! :emot-hug:

Seriously, though, that is an interesting observation.

So, why would "the seven thunders" speak?

And what are the seven thunders anyway? :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

You are the curious one, Nebula. You did get some good answers. All I can offer you is why I feel the Bible has omissions which you touched upon in two of your questions. First when I ask questions like you do

Edited by oak

So, why would "the seven thunders" speak?

And what are the seven thunders anyway? :)

Now you and I both ask the same questions.

My speculation is that its either God speaking in response to the angel's cry. Or seven other angels lead to speak because of the angel's cry. John himself may not even know, but he did understand what was being uttered, as he was about to write it down. :)

nebula,

Something else to consider about the seven thunders is the number 'seven' itself. God uses 'seven' many times throughout scripture for various reasons. In Hebrew, seven means complete or full. Directly after the seven thunders spoke, notice carefully what the angel proclaimed while speaking under the authority of God..."that there should be time no longer". Whatever was spoken by the seven thunders, 'completion' could very well have been the subject. But since the words are sealed, any answer given is merely a guess. :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

In Revelation, John saw a huge angel with a foot in the sea and one on land. This angel spoke, and John was going to record what the angel spoke, but he was told not to record it.

What I would like to know is:

Besides what the angel said - why was John not allowed to record the words? What could be so significant about them that we are allowed to know the angel spoke, but not what he said?

Thoughts anyone?

Probably the recipe to Bush's Baked Beans :whistling:

:blink::noidea::24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/26/1969

I wonder why after Jesus was crusified & He appeared to Mary, He told her to touch Him not but then when He appeared to Thomas He told him to touch Him. Why wasn't Mary able to touch HIm? :noidea: