nebula

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

In other translations its also worded.."Do not cling to me" or "Stop clinging to Me".

Mary may have been in fact hugging Jesus and not wanting to let go. Jesus still had a lot of work to do even after His work on the cross and didn't need to delay. After His resurrection, he showed compassion toward Mary because he knew her sorrows and showed up to cheer her up. But he still had a lot to do.

That's how I interpret it anyways. :noidea:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
I wonder why after Jesus was crusified & He appeared to Mary, He told her to touch Him not but then when He appeared to Thomas He told him to touch Him. Why wasn't Mary able to touch HIm? :24:

Jesus said not to touch Him because He had not yet ascended to the Father.

This goes back to the wave offerings of the Festival First Fruits back in the Old Testament. The first fruits of the harvest were a wave offering before God. The offering of the first fruits of the harvest was a guarantee that the rest of the harvest would be plentiful.

Jesus fulfilled this festival to the very day. Jesus is the "first fruits" of the resurrection and had to present His body to the Father. This signifies to us the guarantee that we will be resurrected to. Jesus resurrection is a promise of the resurrection of all believers. Jesus could not be touched or tainted until He had presented His body.

Between the time He saw Mary and the time He saw Thomas, Jesus had already ascended to heaven presented Himself and had returned to the earth. Thomas and everyone else for that matter were now permitted to touch Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Thanks for posting this shiloh,

Between the time He saw Mary and the time He saw Thomas, Jesus had already ascended to heaven presented Himself and had returned to the earth.

When Jesus said " He had not yet ascended to the Father" I was assuming that He was referring to His ascension mentioned in Acts 1:9. I believe I'm in error with how I've interpreted these verses. :thumbsup::amen:

On the subject of mysteries I was wondering if others could share understanding with this verse.

Luke 23:

26 And as they led him away, they laid hold upon one Simon, a Cyrenian, coming out of the country, and on him they laid the cross, that he might bear it after Jesus. 27 And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. 28 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. 29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. 30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us. 31 For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?

Verse 31 in particular, what exactly did Jesus mean in this verse? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/21/1957

Shiloh, thanks! That was very cool!
Ok,...about the "Rock"....Moses was likely to say,"Rock, send forth water"..What else would he want to say to a rock?

These are great observations and questions though. Excellent points to ponder!

your friend,

john

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Just to add and maybe clarify the already excellent comments.

There are actually two instances where Moses was faced with the grumblings of the people and their desire to quench their thirst.

The first instance was at the Rock of Horeb where Moses was instructed to use