• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1969

:thumbsup: I need some help. I have been involved with my partner now for 12 years. I want to get married because I love him and I am a Christian and that is what the Bible says that I should d. That is what I ahve been told. I can't seem to beable to find it anywhere in the Bible though. I am wandering if is the "Southern Baptist" Doctrination that says this or does it actually say in te Bible that you must be married. I am trying to lead him to the Lord. But I am not havein much luck there either.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

Thanks

G.A.P.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl
:thumbsup: I need some help. I have been involved with my partner now for 12 years. I want to get married because I love him and I am a Christian and that is what the Bible says that I should d. That is what I ahve been told. I can't seem to beable to find it anywhere in the Bible though. I am wandering if is the "Southern Baptist" Doctrination that says this or does it actually say in te Bible that you must be married. I am trying to lead him to the Lord. But I am not havein much luck there either.

Thanks

G.A.P.

Hi G.A.P

I was once in a similar position but I did not stay with the person as I was convicted by God to part ways with him.

HOWEVER - every situation is different and God deals differently with each person but one thing remains the same.

I'll put forward some notes from the NKJ study Bible:

Fornication is sex between 2 unmarried people. The apostle Paul said this is a sin against the body. He commands Christians to flee fornication as a sin against self and God, for the Believer's body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 6:18,19)

It is very important to understand that neither fornicators and adulterers will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. (1 Cor 6:9,10).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife: A woman joined in marriage to a man as husband.

Husband: The man of a married pair.

Divorce: The dissolution of the marriage contract.

1 Cor 7:13,14A

And a woman who has a HUSBAND who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not DIVORCE him.

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the WIFE: (capitals-my own)

These verses indicate that a Believer IS married , otherwise the words husband/divorce/wife would not be used .

Hope this helps. :emot-heartbeat:

Thanks

G.A.P.

I Corinthian 7:all it addresses this question head on. Paul tells us regarding sexual activity that it is better to marry than to burn,,,,,,, Sexual relations outside the bonds of marriage is sin in the eyes of God. I have two grown daughters ages 39 and 37 so when i say they are grown up they are. I remember when they were growing up I wanted to give my girls a reason why something that felt so good could be wrong outside marriage and why did God create them with those desires and then put it off limits until they got married because it did not make sense to me and when I grew up the explanation given to me was just don't do it and because God said so. That made God seem mean and distant and without understanding in my mind. And it also did not help me say no when I needed to. Anyway I told my own girls as I am telling you God knew that for the woman sexual intercourse took her emotions to be involved and her heart would be open, that is much more than just her legs. So God put sex inside the boundary of marriage because he so loved us that he wanted us protected from sexually transmitted desease and from broken hearts and he wanted that commitmant to be legally binding on both parties for faithfulness you know we earn priviledges with age much like staying up later at night. When your a teenager you get to stay up later than you did as a small child. My girls have told me sense then that my explanation caused them to know God loved them and that this was a privilidge earned for adults in marriage.. Later I began to explain to them that when we have intercourse a spiritual event takes place and whoever you are involved with becomes one with you.. Did you hear that? YOU become one spiritually. So, if you are hopping in bed with several partners before marriage you are spiritually connected to them and to their prior partners-( if that sin has not been repented of and those soul ties broken in the name of Jesus...). you just opened your life to a load of spiritual activity and you may not have understood that is what you did,

This is a big reason why things happen in our lives that cause us to stand back and think --I did not sew that seed- and honestly I don't deserve this---well maybe you did not but you did got to bed with someone who went to bed with someone who did in the spirit and thereby gave your consent to the demonic activity in there lives to become active in your life.... ouch! that is heavey yes it is but it is correct.. one way out from under the cruse---repent.. And that word means stop the activity that is wrong in the eyes of God. This is a big subject biblically, are you sure you want the answer? Yes the bible is clear on the fact that God tells you to marry. It is not Southern Baptist it is Bible. The cross of Jesus is where we break the power of the curse operating over our lives.. Jesus offers forgivness for all of our sin .. He requires that we ask for forgivness and that we turn from our sin and walk in the new life He offers....... We could talk more about this if you like... YOU ARE TOLD BY SCRIPTUER BY THE WAY NOT TO MARRY AN UNBELIEVER.

That will bring you serious problems down the road...... Because as Jesus said, "What part has darkness with light?" This has to do with communication in the relationship. The unsaved person will not understand the saved persons heart. They can not, they are still in darkenss spiritually.

Edited by zabby

Hosanna LORD!

Save Now!

In Jesus

Amen!

Dear Sister

May Your Love Come To Jesus And Believe And Be Saved

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

:24:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

:P

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Grace and Peace GAP,

1 Cor. 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

You may want to read 1 Cor. 8-16.

Also..........Ge. 2: 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

I made bold the word marry.

I pray you G-ds counsel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

:whistling: I need some help. I have been involved with my partner now for 12 years. I want to get married because I love him and I am a Christian and that is what the Bible says that I should d. That is what I ahve been told. I can't seem to beable to find it anywhere in the Bible though. I am wandering if is the "Southern Baptist" Doctrination that says this or does it actually say in te Bible that you must be married. I am trying to lead him to the Lord. But I am not havein much luck there either.

Thanks

G.A.P.

What I'm wondering is why you have given this man 12 of the best years of your life? IF you are living together, you need to leave, now! If you are a Christian, that is what the Bible says you should do. You can't find it in the Bible that you have to be married because it's not there. Don't waste any more of your life. If he is going to come to the Lord, he will anyway, and you don't want to be a stumbling block by living in sin.

I hope I'm not being presumptive here. I apologize if I am. But I've done exactly this, only in my case it was only 3 1/2 years, and it didn't work.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

But yes, if you cannot break the relationship completely, then rather get married and stay right with God.

:whistling:

But don't do this either unless you're willing to live with what Esther said in her other post. Trust me, it will be miserable. Been there, done that, too.

What I'm wondering is why you have given this man 12 of the best years of your life? IF you are living together, you need to leave, now! If you are a Christian, that is what the Bible says you should do. You can't find it in the Bible that you have to be married because it's not there. Don't waste any more of your life. If he is going to come to the Lord, he will anyway, and you don't want to be a stumbling block by living in sin.

I'm really glad I never come here for advice.

IF you are living together, you need to leave, now! If you are a Christian, that is what the Bible says you should do. You can't find it in the Bible that you have to be married because it's not there.

:whistling:

Guest HIS girl

I'm really glad I never come here for advice.

You know man, sometimes the truth hurts but if it's going to save someone from eternal separation from God, then it needs to be said and the temporary hurt is worth it. We can only be complacent for so long before we run into trouble.

G.A.P,

You really have 2 choices - you either marry him (does not gaurantee he will become a Believer but he will be sanctified because of your Faith) or you separate. You are living in sin at the moment - no matter how much you love him and that is disobedience to God.

Pray seriously about this.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Do people really think that marrying outside of the faith in disobedience will cause the unsaved person to be sanctified? I know hat the Word says, but it doesn't mean that the spouse will be saved, and that the Christian spouse won't reap a pile of heartache and trouble for his/her deliberate disobedience to God.