IGNORED

How do YOU fan the flames of your Faith....

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

While walking through the wilderness......?

If anyone wants to share as to what got them through, I'm sure this will help those here on Worthy who are struggling at the moment.....

Thanks folks... :blink:

Guest HIS girl

At one time I struggled deeply with the loveless feeling I was getting from a particular Church I had been attending...........this went on for quite a while UNTIL with much prayer and conviction, I left and started worshipping at another MUCH smaller Church BUT ALIVE with HIS love.

If I had stayed at the bigger Church without responding to my nudgings, no doubt I would have left "Church" and would have become bitter and jaded.

This didn't happen as I continued to read the Word and pray and I KNEW in my heart of hearts that what the Bible portrayed was what I was looking for (especially NT/Jesus' teachings) - so instead of just letting ONE Church make a negative impression on me, I SOUGHT to find His love elsewhere, and He did not fail me.

Blessings.... :blink:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, I've been down in that valley many times....I've even walked through there recently.... Many times I have wanted to quit and just say heck with it... There's really no use in trying... I've been tired in body, spirit and soul... I stayed out of church for a few services, and I just hid myself at home... I didn't want to talk or to see anybody..... I just wanted to be ALONE!!!!!! I felt that no one really cared and that no body knew what I was really going through....But...I didn't think it worth praying over, as I had prayed and prayed and I know that GOD knows the desires of my heart, but he just wouldn't answer me.... I have a wonderful church family..My church is very importanta to me.... This helps keep the flames of my faith burning, that and my Bible.... Even when I don't understand what he is telling me... . My Pastor's wife kept in contact through email or the phone.... Most of all they Prayed... I did go back to church--there is something to be said for strength in number---and I know they all love and care about me.... I rededicated my life to the LORD, and then I picked up my Bible again... I began to pray and talk to my LORD.... HE is afterall MY best friend!!!! He knows and he cares what happens to me... Gradually, I began to climb up that mountain again.... While I was in that valley though---it gave me a chance to rest my body, and to think about my soul and spirit... I guess in some ways they rested too.... A valley, like that is not easy to go through, but DON'T QUIT!!!!! I just realized that this may not have been what you were wanting to know, but this is what I felt led to share here... When we let go of GOD, we walk away from him, He's right there where we left him... Just walk back to him, and hold on... God bless you ALL, as you go through your struggles and your trials.... This is just temporary!!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I shared my struggles with other Believers, and I started to just pray and read my Bible even when I didn't feel like it. I think in times like that, keeping up with the discipline of daily prayer and scripture reading is vital to getting through. Even on days when it seems hard and almost unnatural, DO IT ANYWAY. Even if all you can manage is a verse or two and a little prayer that goes something like, "Please help me God, I feel like I'm wandering in the wilderness right now," that's okay. Just don't disconnect yourself!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Even when the Heavens seem like brass...love Him

Even when your heart is numb with pain and grief...love Him

Even when you cannot understand what happens...love Him

Even when you are full of anger and blame...love Him

Even when you think there is no way out...love Him

It is not in the doing of things, or trying to maintain things

that will get you through the hard times...it is in knowing Him. :whistling:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Even when the Heavens seem like brass...love Him

Even when your heart is numb with pain and grief...love Him

Even when you cannot understand what happens...love Him

Even when you are full of anger and blame...love Him

Even when you think there is no way out...love Him

It is not in the doing of things, or trying to maintain things

that will get you through the hard times...it is in knowing Him. :laugh:

Amen brother :blink::whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/01/1977

The greatest help I could get during my own struggle and time of wilderness, is HOPE.

I believe that HOPE is too often understated. We have a hope that we will make it through this time of wilderness.

I always remembers this verses:

Romans 5:3-4: "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us."

Romans 8:24-25: "For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."

Edited by BibleSEO

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Help somebody else in need.

Works everytime!