AnnaMoodley

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Along with Iryssa's precaution #3, it is always a good idea to have another couple with you when you go out. Call me old fashion, but as mentioned, putting yourself in a situation where the flesh wants to be in charge is not a good place to be.

we're both single and i'm female and he's male but i feel dating is wrong...it's like he's my brother in the Lord. Plus i'm not sure what the Bible says about dating

Sister, be vigilant in Adonai. From someone who knows the people of The Book, here is my two cents. First, There is a commandment, rule, and regulation that people of the opposite sex should not touch unless an immediate family member, if you are Jewish. Second, you are correct. There was NO dating back in the "good ole days." Third, in the good ole days then man chose his wife, but that does not mean that the woman had no say in the matter. She could say no and according to Torah, the two had to agree to that. Fourth, may I suggest the following in order that neither party is violated in any way: be completely Equally Yoked - the ministry that G-d has called you to needs to be what G-d has called your mate to be in, otherwise, go your seperate ways in Shalom Shalom or Complete Peace; spending time together is permissible, but not where the deceiver can place temptation in either heart; spend time together in G-d's Word; while permissible, if one of you is Jewish and the other is not, please note that this relationship could be both a struggle for both and/or be an awesome blessing; always remember that each of you are married to Adon Yeshua first and everything else second; make heavy use of the Good Counselor/Holy Spirit indiviually, together, and corporately.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I agree with everything you have said, Iryssa; you put it in such a clear and comprhensive way...

BUT YIKERS! YOU ARE SCARING ME!

:emot-highfive: heh, sorry...I don't know if I'll ever stop feeling the need to tell my scary little story (okay, it's not quite so little, but I didn't feel like writing the whole thing...last time I did that it was over six paragraphs long).

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

we're both single and i'm female and he's male but i feel dating is wrong...it's like he's my brother in the Lord. Plus i'm not sure what the Bible says about dating

I dont think the Bible says anything about dating as the conecpt was not really around back then.

I like the definition given above and if you follow it I dont see how you could be doing anything wrong.

how is a person supposed to get to know another person and see if they are the right one for a life long relationship if they dont spend some time together.

that's true but like what if it should be that God tells us when it's time and who it is. My pastor and his wife didn't date...and a few other people i know. they just followed Gods instructions to propose and then the girl prayed about it and if she also felt that that's what God wants then they got married...they sought only God for the answer and did not rely on their own understanding of whether they'll be happy together...n now they are very happy together.

That's the way my husband and I did it too.

That's the way that the young people of our church are doing it and it is fantastic to see then following after God and waiting on Him! They are godly young people and doing it His way and reaping the blessing of doing so.

Guest HIS girl

that's true but like what if it should be that God tells us when it's time and who it is. My pastor and his wife didn't date...and a few other people i know. they just followed Gods instructions to propose and then the girl prayed about it and if she also felt that that's what God wants then they got married...they sought only God for the answer and did not rely on their own understanding of whether they'll be happy together...n now they are very happy together.

That's the way my husband and I did it too.

That's the way that tthe young people of our church are doing it and it is fantastic to see then following after God and waiting on Him! They are godly young people and doing it His way and reaping the blessing of doing so.

That's interesting!!

I want to know what God's children think about dating. is it acceptable?

:)

I Wonder

What My Darling Wife Would Say

If I Dared To State Our 39 Years Of "Dating" Was Unacceptable :24::24::24:

:emot-heartbeat:

I Wonder

If Maybe God Could Of Intentionally Have Designed Us To Love Each Other?

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Genesis 2:24

If A First Date Might Just Lead To A Joy Filled Life Happening?

Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. Psalms 128:3

If True Love Is Perhaps Just More Of The Grace Of God?

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18:22

As Some Kneel Together Before The Throne Of God

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Matthew 19:6

And Two Become One

Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Matthew 19:6

I Wonder

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:

for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

Guest HIS girl
how did God pass on this "instruction to propose"?

why cant God tell us to get to know the other person prior to marrying them?

I guess He speaks to us in different ways.

What may work for one couple may not necessarily work for another.

Also, there has to be some kind of willingness to submit to Him and not be too impatient to do it on our own terms..

Some folks don't take the time to allow Him to lead in the relationship..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

how did God pass on this "instruction to propose"?

why cant God tell us to get to know the other person prior to marrying them?

I guess He speaks to us in different ways.

What may work for one couple may not necessarily work for another.

Also, there has to be some kind of willingness to submit to Him and not be too impatient to do it on our own terms..

Some folks don't take the time to allow Him to lead in the relationship..

I think dating, with clear boundaries, is a good thing. I am also, to a degree, of the school of thought that when GOD says you're ready to get married, there won't be dating. In fact, when, and if the time comes, you'll have the Pastor on speed dial and get married soon after the male and female meet. Why, because I believe that there is only ONE wife for each man, and one husband for each wife. And GOD, who is perfect in all things, has ordained, for those who are meant to be married, that ONE TRUE PERSON! I pray that we can have, EVERYONE, a vision of who GOD intends to allow us to join as one flesh with. And that we steadfastly cling to that vision, or dream. So that we won't, for lack of a better term, waste our time. I figure, if the connection is not there after 3, or four, allowing for a bad day, dates. Then it is time to move on.

I was told that I would be found by my 'soul mate'. But I do not know where to go to be found. I am not the most patient person, I confess. I want to get married, flawed individual that I am. I wish I knew for sure why. It's more than just to have someone to care for, and about. I know it sounds strange. But, I wonder, how many singles are searching for a daddy or mommy, depending on the gender, of course. I can say, honestly, that I am looking for a mother instinct in my wife. It may, to some, sound cruel, or not right, but that's me.

Guest HIS girl

I can only speak for myself but I have never had a mind picture/vision of my future husband...

But I will say that I have been 'specific' in my prayers about my Mr Right and I have trusted Him. He has been faithful in all other areas of my life so that is a good indicator of what I can expect of Him and His ways in this serious matter.