IGNORED

Where to look in the Bible

Guest Annabelle

Guest Annabelle

I have a few questions:

I'm looking for information on wearing makeup. I don't wear it all the time and not that much. Is there anywhere that tells us not to wear it at all?

How should wives be towards our husbands I know we should be submissive when it comes to them. To do what we can.

I can't remember where these are in the bible.

Thank you & God Bless

I'm trying to be a good Christian but I'm not too sure on how to do it or where to look, I'm searching for something to make me feel better. I pray about this alot.

Edited by Annabelle

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Annabelle -

There are some who would use certain Scriptures to tell women that it's a sin to make themselves look pretty. Don't believe it for a second! The point of those Scriptures is to say that you need to focus more on your inner beauty than your outer beauty. Likewise, they are meant to tell women not to dress in a seductive manner.

Now, making yourself look a little more pretty doesn't necessarily mean you are making yourself seductive - it's how you do it.

You can add highlights to yourself to enhance the beauty already given you by God. Just make sure they are "highlights" and not "cover-ups. People should see you and not "your make-up."

So for instance, if a certain shade of eyeliner and eyeshadow bring out our eyes - great! But if the eyeliner and eyeshadow overpower your eye, not so great. When you apply blush, does it look like you just have a little extra color to your cheeks, or does it look like your face is painted?

See the difference?

Hope this helps!

Guest Annabelle

yes, I only wear it to make myself feel better. ummm I have a problem when it comes to going out in public. I have Neurofibramotis (sp) 1. I have dark skin freckles birthmarks and moles all over my body. I wear make up at times to make myself feel more acceptable. I guess I'm trying to cover up who I really am. Confusing huh, thank for the reply.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with nebula. Some forms of religion don't believe in cutting your hair, wearing makeup etc. I think if you are dressed modestly (no daisy dukes, tummy t's etc) and wear make-up to enhance your beauty then you are fine...sorry don't know of any specific verses.

As far as the whole submission thing is concerned, the main verse is in Colossians 3:18 which simply states for wives to submit to their husbands because it is fitting to the Lord. There are other verses that speak to this as well. Alot of times men take this out of context. Marital decisions should be made with both partner's opinions being taken into consideration but ultimately the man makes the decision and answers to God for his decision. The only time that you would not submit to your husband would be if it is something that is contrary to God's word. Might I also take this opportunity to say that this is why it is so important for us wives to lift our husbands up to the Lord in prayer!

Some other good passages to read is found in 1Peter 3:1-8

Guest Annabelle

with the submission this is a touch question to ask I'm almost 44 yrs old and I have a problem with asking this when it comes to sex what does it say about this. I know it's my obligation to but I'm just wondering. *blushes* :b2:

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Here's a few verses on marriage for ya.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

1Co 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

with the submission this is a touch question to ask I'm almost 44 yrs old and I have a problem with asking this when it comes to sex what does it say about this. I know it's my obligation to but I'm just wondering. *blushes* :b2:

You don't have to blush about that...most women could live without it but we know men can't so there's the problem. My pastor has always commented that we should meet their needs. Now when it starts to get out of hand, I don't know. I think Called would be a good one to share some light on this...I will try to get ahold of her....

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

I would suggest studying hte books of 1st and 2nd Corinthians

Guest Called

Okay KMB got a hold of me. Here is a verse that my husband thinks I should memorize that deals with sex within marriage. :D

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command.

Corinthians 7:1-6

I hope this helps!

Okay KMB got a hold of me. Here is a verse that my husband thinks I should memorize that deals with sex within marriage. :D

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command.

Corinthians 7:1-6

I hope this helps!

Not to make too much light of this but hey...this is some hard words for us ladies to swallow...see called I am "getting over myself"... :D