Am I unloveable?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I got this in an email, but in some ways it describes me also. I thought I'd ask you all what you thought..

Why does love seem to pass you by, day after day, month after month, years after years

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Interesting email you got! Was it from a Christian?

Here's what I found to be true in my life. I, too, watched my friends all get married and find love. I felt alone and unloved and unlovable. For many years I took care of family member who were very ill -- my mother, my grandmother, my grandfather -- but there was nobody to take care of me. I loved each one of the deeply, but I was lonely. Becasue of my self-pity I made some stupid decisions (which didn't include God) and tried to find love. It was all hollow and empty. Now, if I had not been being so filled with self-pity I would have realized that God was using me for a wonderful blessing. Because I was single I was able to care for my mother and my grandmother. These ladies had loved my all of my life and God chose me to care for them at the end of their lives. Wow. Had I been married I would never have been able to do this.

One day, when I wasn't looking, God brought a man into my life. I was 35 when I married him and that was 20 years ago. He helped me care for my grandfather--another blessing.

You aren't unlovable, but understand that God is using you in ways that you may not understand yet.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Yes, she is a Christian, just a discouraged one... She is in late 50's, and none of her family seems to have time for her anymore. She helped her mother for several years before she died and now she just wants a home with the man that she loves. She's got her head on straight and she's careful about what she does, she's just as I said discouraged... Even though she has given it to the Lord, it's still hard to wait, when she's waited for so long already. And I for one really can understand that. This is something that she and I have very much in common. I pray for her and with her, but I know exactly where she's coming from.

Guest HIS girl

I don't mean to sound harsh, and if you don't want to reply, that's fine but how long are you willing to wait for this man?

Love has to be a 2 way street....there is nothing more sad than trying to MAKE someone love you back..it has to be a willing gift to you.

I know you love this man dearly (you have mentioned him before) but maybe you need to loosen your grip on him for a while and see what happens....otherwise..why wait for someone who isn't showing you the same feelings?

Hope I haven't hurt your feelings. :whistling:

Guest HIS girl

And loneliness is real I know..it can overtake you and make you feel isolated and unworthy....that's not true though...something that helps is to focus on anything that takes your mind off self...

You know Jesus would have felt loneliness I'm sure..remember He was 100% man as well...

So He knows what you are going through.... :wub:

Yes, she is a Christian, just a discouraged one... She is in late 50's, and none of her family seems to have time for her anymore. She helped her mother for several years before she died and now she just wants a home with the man that she loves. She's got her head on straight and she's careful about what she does, she's just as I said discouraged... Even though she has given it to the Lord, it's still hard to wait, when she's waited for so long already. And I for one really can understand that. This is something that she and I have very much in common. I pray for her and with her, but I know exactly where she's coming from.

I ask myself this a lot. I pray about it everyday. If it's not going to happen, I'm ready to move on. I've walked out of his life once, and God brought our paths back together, so I don't know what to think. When we are together, he acts like I'm the love of his life. Actually, in the last six months, things have definitely changed for the better for us, so maybe I just need to hold on a little while longer. This is one reason I want to hear from him today.

Guest HIS girl

I ask myself this a lot. I pray about it everyday. If it's not going to happen, I'm ready to move on. I've walked out of his life once, and God brought our paths back together, so I don't know what to think. When we are together, he acts like I'm the love of his life. Actually, in the last six months, things have definitely changed for the better for us, so maybe I just need to hold on a little while longer. This is one reason I want to hear from him today.

And he needs to be acting like that when you are not together as well... :thumbsup:

Well I pray that things turn for the better and it is shown to you BOTH that this is the real thing.

Blessings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

As a single mom, I too feel lonely at times. However, I know that I prefer to wait on the Lord. If the Lord has somebody for me, then I need to wait to meet him and be blessed. If I don't wait and hurry to find "anybody" then I will end up making the biggest mistake of my life and will end up being hurt and regretting it.

Also, in my singleness I realize that I have time to care for those in need and I also have time to spend it with Him. It is a blessing.

The more we keep our eyes on Him, the less time we spend in despair.

God's plans for us are better than our own plans. :thumbsup:

Guest HIS girl

Another thing browneyedgirl2,

Everyone is deserving of love - whether single or married.

Enjoy your singledom while you have it - get to know who YOU are and spend time "loving" yourself..by that I mean do things you like to do and catch up on things you like and have forgotten about....once you are married, you may not have time to do these things at your leisure....

Remember too that there are many married people out there who are lonely WITHIN their marriages...who feel unloved and dissappointed...

Actually ROC, this is what I have been telling my friend. I am basically a happy person, and I don't "need" anyone to "make" me happy, but he adds to it. He completes that part, that I am not. I stay active where as my friend (that sent the email) stays at home and on her computer ALL the time. When she's not at work, or at church, she's on the computer. She has no real friends to go out with and to do things with. We don't live close to each other. Not even from her church. She is shy, but so was I at one time. I love people and I am very out going and I try to stay busy where life doesn't get me down. I stay close to the Lord, as best as I can anyway, but days like today do get to me. Most of the time I am content where I am and what I'm doing, but I am getting impatient. Sorry, but that's the truth.........

I am very considerate of his time, and I don't ask for more, than he can give. I am not asking for that. He is a very busy businessman minister and I know he has a lot of demands on his time. I'm not demanding, but I would very much like a litte of his time. It doesn't have to be much, just to know that I am important to him, and that he is thinking of me.

Edited by browneyedgirl2