• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

here is my suggestion to you.

setp 1 .

If you think it is idol worhip or wrong to do, dont do it.

step 2.

dont judge those that disagree with you.

step 3.

have a great day in the Lord

ah ah ah According to scripture when we see our brothers and sisters doing something that is against what the word of God says we are supposed nto tell them how they are doing contrary to the word of God. It is a responcibility and a commandment from God. It is not passing judgment when it backs the word of God. It is the same thing as telling someone that doing drugs is bad.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1

I don't know where you got your information, but your source is questionable. Here is some other information:

The Origin of the Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree History

As stated in 1Corinthians 10:23 (NIV): "Everything is permissible"

:39::39: so back in the old testiment when the jews sacrificed to god it was the same as the pagans ??? or maybe not ,,, maybe its the heart that determins what it means :39::39: or maybe some ppl see the tree as a icon that thru a seed a tree grows like our faith starts as a seed then grows ,,, like jesus was the seed and christianity grew ,,, like the mustard seed grew till the branches was great ??? :):huh: i dont know man ,,, when we put up our tree we talk about jesus and sing happy birthday to him and it just dont seem all that pagan to me :th_praying::whistling: i mean if i was sacrificing a goat and singing to baal i could see yer point ,,, but maybe some ppl think they are a little more holy than others and instead of seeing the goodness and the happyness a harmless tradion can bring they slam it just like the pharasee of old :39::39: just a thought ,,love in christ arrow from god

Using paganism to teach or preach Jesus is blasphames and Christ does not approve.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hah hah... right after you say good point, Im' still debating about amending something.... God can use anything sure... but that doesn't make it right to use certain things? For instance, rock music and beer to bring people into church?

However... by putting up a Christmas tree does not mean that a certain person goes to hell, that's blasphemy. Not to mention entirely misleading and will lead people two-fold into hell. It's not in the Bible and I would doubt someone's salvation who says it because it is saying Christ isnt' enough, and the only way to heaven is through believeing in Christ's payment BEING enough :)

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I think tradition is much more important that integrity to most people, even so called christians.

"So called Christians", care to explain what that means ezekiel? Sounds very judgemental, and if it means as it sounds God speaks more against judgemental, self-righteous christians than He does about some silly ol' tree.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Salvation is a matter of the heart and your relationship with Christ Jesus. Tree or no tree is not going to send someone to hell. Anyone that starts adding to Scripture is suspect in my opinion.

God made it very clear in HIS Word what the requirements of salvation are and anything beyond that is speculation.

I think we should be more worried about those who are lost and in need of a Savior than whether someone put up a Christmas tree or not.

Just my thoughts on it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

:noidea::101: so back in the old testiment when the jews sacrificed to god it was the same as the pagans ??? or maybe not ,,, maybe its the heart that determins what it means :101::101: or maybe some ppl see the tree as a icon that thru a seed a tree grows like our faith starts as a seed then grows ,,, like jesus was the seed and christianity grew ,,, like the mustard seed grew till the branches was great ??? :horse::horse: i dont know man ,,, when we put up our tree we talk about jesus and sing happy birthday to him and it just dont seem all that pagan to me :swordfightsmiles::foot-stomp: i mean if i was sacrificing a goat and singing to baal i could see yer point ,,, but maybe some ppl think they are a little more holy than others and instead of seeing the goodness and the happyness a harmless tradion can bring they slam it just like the pharasee of old :101::101: just a thought ,,love in christ arrow from god

Using paganism to teach or preach Jesus is blasphames and Christ does not approve.

So I am assuming you think Jesus did not approve of the Apostle Paul then who used pagan gods in the book of Acts to preach Christ

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Salvation is a matter of the heart and your relationship with Christ Jesus. Tree or no tree is not going to send someone to hell. Anyone that starts adding to Scripture is suspect in my opinion.

God made it very clear in HIS Word what the requirements of salvation are and anything beyond that is speculation.

I think we should be more worried about those who are lost and in need of a Savior than whether someone put up a Christmas tree or not.

Just my thoughts on it.

Amen !!!! Glorywatch very well said. :horse: