IGNORED

Pharaoh's daughter and Moses.

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl
Ok...I'm on a mission...I'm going to hunt the 10 Commandments down... :thumbsup:

Also was Cecil B DeMille faithful to the actual Biblical account?

OR is that expecting too much? :24:

Here's a review from Christianity today. DeMille had a political agenda, along with the money factor.

I agree with Eric though. It made me want to know more.

Thanks Trav!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

'nebula'

~~~~

It doesn't say how long Moses' mother took care of Moses, only: "9 ...So the woman took the child and nursed him. 10 And the child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son."

I read somewhere that in Africa and the Middle East it was not uncommon for children as old as 5 to be finally weaned off the breast...I used that as the yard stick..

*nods* In Africa this is still quite common...the breastfeeding advocate in me really wishes this were the case in more of the world, but I'll refrain from my ranting about infant formula indoctrination for now :thumbsup::24:

Guest HIS girl
I read somewhere that in Africa and the Middle East it was not uncommon for children as old as 5 to be finally weaned off the breast...I used that as the yard stick..

*nods* In Africa this is still quite common...the breastfeeding advocate in me really wishes this were the case in more of the world, but I'll refrain from my ranting about infant formula indoctrination for now :24::24:

I'm all for breast feeding but yikes...five??!!!! :thumbsup: That's waaaay too old....

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  18

Botz...Yes the lot of the Hebrew people in Egypt became extremely harsh and vitually unbearable...on the one hand I can quite understand the Egyptians disquiet and mistrust...Israel became a nation within a nation...

I'm thinking they married within their race and not much intermarrying, if any - my speculation only - just the line of thought because they became a threat to the Egyptians simply because they were numerous in number.

That is exactly what I was saying...a nation within a nation. It seems they had two fears, one being that they might fight against their hosts...because of their treatment. The other being that the Egyptians would lose their work force of home grown slaves.

Exodus 1:7 But the sons of Israel were fruitful and increased greatly, and multiplied, and became exceedingly mighty, so that the land was filled with them.

8 Now a new king arose over Egypt, who did not know Joseph. 9 He said to his people,

Guest HIS girl
Botz...Yes the lot of the Hebrew people in Egypt became extremely harsh and vitually unbearable...on the one hand I can quite understand the Egyptians disquiet and mistrust...Israel became a nation within a nation...

HIS girl

I'm thinking they married within their race and not much intermarrying, if any - my speculation only - just the line of thought because they became a threat to the Egyptians simply because they were numerous in number.

Botz

That is exactly what I was saying...a nation within a nation. It seems they had two fears, one being that they might fight against their hosts...because of their treatment. The other being that the Egyptians would lose their work force of home grown slaves.

Exodus 1:7 But the sons of Israel were fruitful and increased greatly, and multiplied, and became exceedingly mighty, so that the land was filled with them.

8 Now a new king arose over Egypt, who did not know Joseph. 9 He said to his people, "Behold, the people of the sons of Israel are more and mightier than we. 10 "Come, let us deal wisely with them, or else they will multiply and in the event of war, they will also join themselves to those who hate us, and fight against us and depart from the land."

Ps 114:1 When Israel went forth from Egypt, The house of Jacob from a people of strange language,

Deut 4:34 "Or has a god tried to go to take for himself a nation from within another nation by trials, by signs and wonders and by war and by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm and by great terrors, as the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?

Again there is a prophetic parallel between what G-d does for this nation of Jewish people who are the 'Apple of His Eye' and what He does in bringing His dear Son up from Egypt ...He brings the Promised Messiah into the Promised Land.

Yes, the Ancient Egyptians rode on the Hebrews back so to speak...

Have you heard that there is debate now as to whether they (the slaves) were in fact Hebrews but instead poor Egyptians? This thought is typical of those trying in any way to discredit Biblical history...even to the point of trying to disprove the materials that were used in the bricks... :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.74
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.84
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm all for breast feeding but yikes...five??!!!! :) That's waaaay too old....

Maybe they considered potty training and other things as part of the weening process? :)

Guest HIS girl
I'm all for breast feeding but yikes...five??!!!! :) That's waaaay too old....

Maybe they considered potty training and other things as part of the weening process? :)

Could be but they are still actually on the breast at 3, 4 and 5...!!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  18

Ladies...please...enough with the breast-feeding already :th_praying:

His girl....Have you heard that there is debate now as to whether they (the slaves) were in fact Hebrews but instead poor Egyptians? This thought is typical of those trying in any way to discredit Biblical history...even to the point of trying to disprove the materials that were used in the bricks...

Nope, that is a new one on me...I don't really have much time for such ridiculous ideas. Many many learned people try to discredit the word of G-d, and many of them have a string of letters after their name that attempts to give them an aura of credibility, but when someone works 'against', and not 'with' the revealed word of G-d..it becomes laughable. :cool:

Guest HIS girl
name='Botz' date='Dec 23 2008, 09:46 AM' post='1304633']

Ladies...please...enough with the breast-feeding already :th_praying:

Ok, zipped shut... :cool:

His girl....Have you heard that there is debate now as to whether they (the slaves) were in fact Hebrews but instead poor Egyptians? This thought is typical of those trying in any way to discredit Biblical history...even to thepoint of trying to disprove the materials that were used in the bricks...

Nope, that is a new one on me...I don't really have much time for such ridiculous ideas. Many many learned people try to discredit the word of G-d, and many of them have a string of letters after their name that attempts to give them an aura of credibility, but when someone works 'against', and not 'with' the revealed word of G-d..it becomes laughable. :cool:

I once watched what I thought was going to be an informative documentary about Ancient Egypt and the Pryamid building and it turned out in the end nothing more than nit picking and the dissecting of what really were the materials used in the brick making process and it didn't appear to have "straw" like the Bible said and also, they started on with the slaves and "who were they really?". They were most likey the poor of Ancient Egypt and the Pryamid building was there way of existing.......hmmmm....!!

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  10

My earliest impressions of God came from those movies, since my family did not really go to church. The Robe, Ten Commandments, Quo Vidas, Samson and Deliliah, The Greatest Story Ever Told, King of Kings, Ben Hur, Bar-Abbas all gave me a great picture of God's trancendance and glory.

My family always watched these movies together and I remember my mom whispering to her self during them about what she felt they were getting wrong! Ben Hur was one of my favorites. No one really makes movies like those anymore.