• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

When I became a Christian several months ago, I did it basically because I wanted to go to Heaven and stay out of Hell. Is this wrong? Will I still go to Heaven? Or do I have to become a Christian again for different reasons? My name is Josh and I'm 17 by the way.

Guest LCPGUY
When I became a Christian several months ago, I did it basically because I wanted to go to Heaven and stay out of Hell. Is this wrong? Will I still go to Heaven? Or do I have to become a Christian again for different reasons? My name is Josh and I'm 17 by the way.

Man, you are very confused.

You don

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

when you became a christian,was there a conviction is your heart?Do you fear GOD?Do you understand why CHRIST died on the cross?Do you believe that HE rose again from the grave and is sitting on the right hand of the Father making intercession for us?avoiding hell is one reason to become a Christion yes ,but was there a geniune fear?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Man, you are very confused.

You don

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Hey Josh- Have you seen "The Passion of the Christ"? I know some on this board may have negative feelings towards the movie, but it turned my life around. Before I saw it, I prayed for the Lord to give me what I needed out of it. And He did! The whole time I saw it, I was thinking "He did that for me, and I can't live my life for Him?" You have to realize that if you were the only one that would have accepted Him, He still would have died for you. That made me make Him 1# in my life. A relationship with Jesus is more than "fire insurance"- it's a loving, supporting friendship with the God of creation. Why do you want to go to Heaven? To avoid the lake of fire or to praise God for eternity? Personally, I'm looking forward to Heaven to spend eternity with the One who loves me (and you) so much!!! Hell to me is being away from God- it's not so much about the lake of fire. Let Him take charge of your life- He's got much more in store for you than just to save you from eternal damnation!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

Yeah, I saw The Passion, and I thought it was very good, one of my favorite movies now, and it was sad, but I didn't come out bawling with tears streaming down my face, but I did feel bad inside, with the way I live and all. But you are right, I understand what you're trying to say why we should become a Christian because God loves us a lot.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

Howdy Josh:

Wanting to stay out of hell is a VERY good reason to ask Christ to save you! Anybody who doesn't think so is not very familiar with the Scriptures. An attitude of FAITH that Christ will save you when you ask is what is necessary for salvation. As we grow in our Christian experience, we come better to understand all the wonderful things He has done for us, and we become more grateful to Him and more in love with Him. But starting out as you have done is just fine.

LPCGuy needs to take some meds and catch a nap....he's grumpy!

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner