• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

For those who believe God pre-selected His "children" before Creation and the rest are condemned to spend eternity seperated from Him - how does one know they are "saved" for sure then? What if you lived your life THINKING you were saved and did all the "right things" in order to be saved when in actual fact - you were one of those NOT chosen?

It really is a ridiculous notion. I can't believe adults believe this stuff.

How do you know you are saved for sure anyway?

Whatever answer you have for that question is the same for your question.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl

For those who believe God pre-selected His "children" before Creation and the rest are condemned to spend eternity seperated from Him - how does one know they are "saved" for sure then? What if you lived your life THINKING you were saved and did all the "right things" in order to be saved when in actual fact - you were one of those NOT chosen?

I KNOW I'm saved because I believe in the Bible -

The thinking I put forth above is not of the Bible. There is no dependability and assurance whatsoever in THAT twisted logic.

See?

The thinking I put forth above is not of the Bible. There is no dependability and assurance whatsoever in THAT twisted logic.

See?

No I do not see.

The Bible says that if you put your faith in JESUS, you will be saved. This is true whether you did it because HE touched you with an irresistable loving touch that made you want HIM, or because you chose HIM as a result of personal free will.

So, you seem to be saying that you do not know that someone else is saved if they do not choose to believe their salvation came the same way you feel yours did? Since the answer is the same for both sides. "I know I am saved because I believe the Bible".

Guest HIS girl

See?

No I do not see.

The Bible says that if you put your faith in JESUS, you will be saved. This is true whether you did it because HE touched you with an irresistable loving touch that made you want HIM, or because you chose HIM as a result of personal free will.

So, you seem to be saying that you do not know that someone else is saved if they do not choose to believe their salvation came the same way you feel yours did? Since the answer is the same for both sides. "I know I am saved because I believe the Bible".

If you read back through my posts you will see.

Anyone can say that they are saved - even those that have never read the Bible.

But have they accepted Christ as their personal Saviour and have they left their previous life to the life that bears Spiritual fruit? Is their thinking renewed and clearly "something" has taken place?

Any belief of God that does not have it's foundation from the Bible - the bedrock of our Faith - is not a true belief of God.

I am 100% confident that I am saved. The Bible reassures me of that fact.

See?

No I do not see.

If you read back through my posts you will see.

Anyone can say that they are saved - even those that have never read the Bible.

But have they accepted Christ as their personal Saviour and have they left their previous life to the life that bears Spiritual fruit? Is their thinking renewed and clearly "something" has taken place?

Any belief of God that does not have it's foundation from the Bible - the bedrock of our Faith - is not a true belief of God.

I am 100% confident that I am saved. The Bible reassures me of that fact.

Me too

Maybe I will start back here. Did someone say that you could live your whole life doing all the right things only to find you were not one of the chosen? (other than "many will say LORD LORD")

Because, if somebody made that statement, that would be dumb. I do not know anyone who believes that.

Guest HIS girl

Maybe I will start back here. Did someone say that you could live your whole life doing all the right things only to find you were not one of the chosen? (other than "many will say LORD LORD")

Because, if somebody made that statement, that would be dumb. I do not know anyone who believes that.

Apparently people do believe that.

At Judgement - those who are turned away are the ones who did not have an intimate relationship with Christ and the Father - they were the ones who were all talk and no heartfelt action. Their words were hollow with no meaning - absent of Truth. For those who are Saved can be recognised as sons of God by their new behaviour/speech - in public AND behind closed doors - it does NOT change - for out of the heart flow the issues of life.

Don't you agree?

Apparently people do believe that.

At Judgement - those who are turned away are the ones who did not have an intimate relationship with Christ and the Father - they were the ones who were all talk and no heartfelt action. Their words were hollow with no meaning - absent of Truth. For those who are Saved can be recognised as sons of God by their new behaviour/speech - in public AND behind closed doors - it does NOT change - for out of the heart flow the issues of life.

Don't you agree?

Absolutely :)

Guest HIS girl

'HIS girl'

At Judgement - those who are turned away are the ones who did not have an intimate relationship with Christ and the Father - they were the ones who were all talk and no heartfelt action. Their words were hollow with no meaning - absent of Truth.

It is this reason they will be turned away - not because they were hand picked for rejection before time.

'HIS girl'

At Judgement - those who are turned away are the ones who did not have an intimate relationship with Christ and the Father - they were the ones who were all talk and no heartfelt action. Their words were hollow with no meaning - absent of Truth.

It is this reason they will be turned away - not because they were hand picked for rejection before time.

I agree with that too