• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

It is the exceptance of JESUS as savior that marks out a person who is saved, thus one of the chosen.

So a person isn't chosen until they accept Christ..............right?

We were chosen before time and the realization of that choosing by God takes place when we are born again.

The Father looked down in eternity past having a plan to save man who He knew would rebel to save a group of people and give them to His Son. He saw: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z(the whole human race) were totally and completely lost in sin, there were none good no not one. All were wicked and deserving of eternal punishment. All are condemned.

He decided by His own criteria to choose to save A, E, I, O, & U and give them to His Son(the elect), and to let the rest perish in their wickedness. The Father promised and Jesus stated that since AEIO&U were give to Him that they would in fact come to Him and that He would not loose any of them.

LT

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BMore4Ever

A thought......

God is Love; however, he gives us free will. He knew before we were created that He loved us so much He would sacrifice His son, but he also knew He must give us all a choice in whether we return His love or not.

God certainly doesn't want to send us to hell, but He is a jealous God that wants our love in return. Just as He sent His son to die for us, we too must make sacrifices for Him.

Praise be to God!

A thought......

God is Love; however, he gives us free will. He knew before we were created that He loved us so much He would sacrifice His son, but he also knew He must give us all a choice in whether we return His love or not.

God certainly doesn't want to send us to hell, but He is a jealous God that wants our love in return. Just as He sent His son to die for us, we too must make sacrifices for Him.

Praise be to God!

Hi BMore,

welcome to WB.

I know this thread is long but it might be a good Idea to read through some of it if you haven't. Your statements are in essence what is being discussed here. Does God love everyone, do we have "free will", who are the "us" you mention.

LT

It is the exceptance of JESUS as savior that marks out a person who is saved, thus one of the chosen.

No, a person excepts CHRIST as a result of being born again by the SPIRIT. The action of the HOLY SPIRIT working in a person happens based on GOD electing them to believe in JESUS. Without this first action of THE SPIRIT man remains dead and can not know the things that lead to eternal life.

Why would God withhold the Holy Spirit from one person and not the next?

According to your beliefs, Christ didn't die for everyone, He died for only a select few.

No, a person excepts CHRIST as a result of being born again by the SPIRIT. The action of the HOLY SPIRIT working in a person happens based on GOD electing them to believe in JESUS. Without this first action of THE SPIRIT man remains dead and can not know the things that lead to eternal life.

Because He decided to do it that way? If He decided to save ONLY one person would He be unjust in doing so? I would answer NO He would not be unjust. If He did not save anybody at all He would not be unjust.

According to your beliefs, Christ didn't die for everyone, He died for only a select few.

I am unresolved on this issue. Shiloh gave a good answer to me on another thread, one that I will ponder. There are verses that support that He died for all mankind and that He died for only His people.

LT

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  231
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Because He decided to do it that way? If He decided to save ONLY one person would He be unjust in doing so? I would answer NO He would not be unjust. If He did not save anybody at all He would not be unjust.

I am unresolved on this issue. Shiloh gave a good answer to me on another thread, one that I will ponder. There are verses that support that He died for all mankind and that He died for only His people.

LT

I've been tempted to do a study and list in one column all the verses that relate to man's free-will choosing and compare those to a column that relates to God's choosing. I too read many verses that leave me wondering if there isn't evidence from both sides. I know that I know God's word is not divided. Any so-called differentiation is a problem with me and how I "supposedly" interpret scriptures. If it is possible... I'd hope to find some way to tie all this together! :24:

Guest HIS girl

Should we REALLY be wasting time arguing over this? What we should be concentrating on perhaps is our immediate walk with the Lord on a daily basis and if we are doing our best to follow His commandments. Is it fruitful discussing something that we are not 100% sure about? I know I started this thread and the more I get into it, the more I am seeing that this is going in circles - we have been back and forth - Scripture or no Scripture - question - comback, on and on with really no headway. This debate has been going on for many, many , many years - it won't stop here on WB.

Please - this discussion needs to end sooner rather than later.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Should we REALLY be wasting time arguing over this? What we should be concentrating on perhaps is our immediate walk with the Lord on a daily basis and if we are doing our best to follow His commandments. Is it fruitful discussing something that we are not 100% sure about? I know I started this thread and the more I get into it, the more I am seeing that this is going in circles - we have been back and forth - Scripture or no Scripture - question - comback, on and on with really no headway. This debate has been going on for many, many , many years - it won't stop here on WB.

Please - this discussion needs to end sooner rather than later.

Thread closed at the request of the OP expressed above. :24:

Hisgirl,

I believe you are on too something here. :24:

Peace,

Dave