• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1978

Are you allowing God to be first in your life? Can you really say that you have? I think that if we try it any other way we will lose out!

What do you think?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38

That's a great question

Considering the day and age where everything is so fast paced one could easily fall into a lull and not accomplish what God wants us too. I know from personal experience that I have got tied up with the world of work and not met God's desires for my life. I repent whenever I realize that. I don't think the average Joe can always have his mind or soul where it needs to be in this day and time. But the more we realize that we are not lined up with God's plan for us the easier it get's to recognize that we aren't and in due time we start recognizing the signs that lead us astray from His work.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I think it is the hearts desire to allow Him to have full dominance over us, as a Christian, but it is impossible to do so, for we are still with sin.

Romans 7:13-20

Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

That's a great question

Considering the day and age where everything is so fast paced one could easily fall into a lull and not accomplish what God wants us too. I know from personal experience that I have got tied up with the world of work and not met God's desires for my life. I repent whenever I realize that. I don't think the average Joe can always have his mind or soul where it needs to be in this day and time. But the more we realize that we are not lined up with God's plan for us the easier it get's to recognize that we aren't and in due time we start recognizing the signs that lead us astray from His work.

I disagree with you Jimmy C. It is possible to have our minds and our souls where it needs to be in this day and time. If not, whose side are you not on? Fight the good fight of Faith my friend. When The Law come down from heaven and became flesh, He made a way for all of us to be obedient to The Law.

Do you realize what your name in Hebrew means? Jimmy, Jim, James, Jamie and Jacob all are defined as meaning "A man who wrestles and fights and will not quit wrestling and fighting until blessed." That is the ONLY meaning meaning of those names according to scripture, if you know anything about Case Law since The One who decides what something means re-defined the meaning of those names.

That is why I did not vote for "The Muslim Messiah." He is untrustworthy. He speaks against G-d's Word since nearly alll of his beleifs and opinions are are against The Most High. All men and women of G-d need to stand up for what is right and stop straddling the fence. Today is the day to be "on fire" for ADONAI. If you are cold or lukewarm, He will spit you out because He never knew you.

Shalom,

Yacov :emot-cheering:

Guest Bokabear

I think that what the Lord is asking of us is that we strive daily to put Him first.

We will fail and im sure we all know that, but He gives us the choice to daily

start over again and strive to be like Him.

I think that it is a goal that takes this life time, to learn and that we will never reach

it until we go Home...but to strive for it is the best goal we can have while here on earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I am seeking to and trust that I am growing in that every day.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62

I think the more the pressure builds up, the more He wants us to "Be still, and know that I am God". Human endeavor will never unite our hearts to the heart of God and cause the fruit of the Spirit to be produced in our lives. We can't, He can, so we can. I praise Him for the humbling work He has done in my heart since the last time I visited here! Ashamed that I was dogmatic and thought I knew!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

i would love to say i do put god first ,,, but then i would be a liar ,,, i find that i personally try to use that which is convenient to me and try to get awy from that which puts me out

god has pointed this out to me several times(lol) and is challengeing me in this area (testing)i know ,,, i think as we grow closer to our lord we become more obedient ,,, adopting his ways over ours (tho i can only speak for myself)

there was a time in my life that the words (being obedient to any one) was a curse and a sign of weakness (the young colt that no man has ever riden apon ,,, yet he sat apon me and i did not buck) ,,, love in christ arrow from god

i would love to say i do put god first ,,, but then i would be a liar ,,, i find that i personally try to use that which is convenient to me and try to get awy from that which puts me out

god has pointed this out to me several times(lol) and is challengeing me in this area (testing)i know ,,, i think as we grow closer to our lord we become more obedient ,,, adopting his ways over ours (tho i can only speak for myself)

there was a time in my life that the words (being obedient to any one) was a curse and a sign of weakness (the young colt that no man has ever riden apon ,,, yet he sat apon me and i did not buck) ,,, love in christ arrow from god

Dear arrowhead,

I have a couple of questions for you.

How does one show someone else how much they love and respect the other person when you are in a committed relationship?

How does one prove (with evidence) that you are indeed in a committed relationship with G-d who happens to be a good "family court Judge?"

Shabbat Shalom,

Yacov

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

Dear arrowhead,

I have a couple of questions for you.

How does one show someone else how much they love and respect the other person when you are in a committed relationship?

How does one prove (with evidence) that you are indeed in a committed relationship with G-d who happens to be a good "family court Judge?"

Shabbat Shalom,

Yacov

oh dear ,,,, i dont think i understand the question's ,,, question #1 ,,, i would include them ,,, respect there opinion even if i didnt agree ,,, make them a part of my circle and be a part of there's

#2 to prove a person is in a committed reletionship with god ,,, king david broke alot of the commandments ,,, yet god said he was a man after my own heart ,,,

thats what proved it,,, no matter what ive done even tho a lot i have done was wrong i still sought after the lord ,,, (not that im even up to the standard of david lol)

we all make mistakes (peter and the denial) after peter seen what he done he ran to the lord seeking forgivness

judas did not

i make a mistake in my marriage and storm out mad ,,, i come home after awhile and say im sorry seeking reconciliation with my wife

i get mad at god (and i do ,,, im not saying its right but i do) god leaves me to myelf to reflect on my anger ,,, i see that im wrong but wont let my pride down ,,, i hear god's voice

thru some one else ,,, i break and run to my father asking forginess ,,,

i cant really prove im committed to god ,,, but i know when im not right with him its on my mind all the time like an ache in my bones ,,, it consumes me

you could see my love of god by the way my children are

and i guess like my children love me i love god ,,, he is my father,,, i hope i answered your questions :noidea: ,, love in christ arrow from god