• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Fellow Christians,

Why behave? Why not live a life of sin? What is your motivation? Is it fear? Is it because you want a reward? Do you do good for its own sake?

Let's chat.

There is no "good" that can be done in and of ourselves, outside of Christ.

Amen Brother, Amen!

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

>>>>>()<<<<<

Daddy's Kids

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Love The LORD

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. John 15:7-9

With All Their Heart

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:29-30

And His Holy Words Are Food For Their Soul

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And The Very Bane Of Sin

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Joe, please desist from replying to my threads. I've asked you kindly before.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Fellow Christians,

Why behave? Why not live a life of sin? What is your motivation? Is it fear? Is it because you want a reward? Do you do good for its own sake?

Let's chat.

Are we chatting about this for chatting's sake, or is there a reason for this?

I'm asking because often in these message boards what starts out seeming like an innocent question turns into some kind of "I got you" agenda.

Plus, it would help me figure out best how to answer the question if I knew where it was going.

Fellow Christians,

Let's chat.

Are we chatting about this for chatting's sake, or is there a reason for this?

I'm asking because often in these message boards what starts out seeming like an innocent question turns into some kind of "I got you" agenda.

Plus, it would help me figure out best how to answer the question if I knew where it was going.

Why not just give an honest answer? It is a straightforward question, no?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Wow, hersey ... people answer, but you reject what they have to say. A Brother answers and you tell them to stay our of your thread. It is clear that you have an agenda, yet have failed to tell us what it is. I, for one, feel that you have been rude to this point and that this thread should be closed.

Wow, hersey ... people answer, but you reject what they have to say. A Brother answers and you tell them to stay our of your thread. It is clear that you have an agenda, yet have failed to tell us what it is. I, for one, feel that you have been rude to this point and that this thread should be closed.

There is an agenda behind every question that people ask, pops. With the exception of FresnoJoe, who ought to know by now that I do not welcome his tangents in my theads, who else was I rude to?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

:bored-1: Wow direct scripture from the Word of God is tangents?

Not all threads start with an agenda. Many of us are here to learn.

Hebrews 10: 28-31 states it very clear.

verse 28 Someone who disregards the Laws of Moses is put to death without mercy on the word of 2 or 3 witnesses. (Ref Deut 17:6; 19:15)

verse 29 Think how much worse will be the punishment deserved by someone who has trampled underfoot the Son of G-d; who has treaeted as something common the blood of teh covenant which made him holy; and who has insulted the Spirit, giver of G-d's grace! (Ref Exodus 24:8)

verse 30 For the One we know is the One who said, "Vengeance is my responsibility: I will repay," and then said, "ADONAI will judge his people."

verse 31 It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living G-d!

The word above is very clear. It does not get any simpler than that. IF anyone wants to be blessed they have to live by the Laws of Moses which includes all 303 of the Noahide Moral Laws. :bored-1::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Shabbat Shalom,

Yacov

There is an agenda behind every question that people ask, pops. With the exception of FresnoJoe, who ought to know by now that I do not welcome his tangents in my theads, who else was I rude to?

:bored-1::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pops?

>>>>>()<<<<<

Dear One At Worthy Ministries

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Jesus Is Never A Tangent

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 2 Timothy 2:23

But The Main Course

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Philippians 2:10

See Jesus

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:14-15

And Live

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

[25] The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

[26] The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

[27] And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

This is an abstract lesson in how to have a thread quickly closed. :bored-1:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

There is no "good" that can be done in and of ourselves, outside of Christ.

I agree, but you didn't answer the question.

Actually I did answer the question. You asked about motivation. It is only Christ who can motivate the believer to do any good. Otherwise it's just vainglory. So..."why" do any good? The answer is Christ.