IGNORED

heartache

Guest arkangel

Guest arkangel

Me and my boyfriend just broke up and I cant seem to stop crying. I need some advice or just a friend, I seem to have none right now.

DON'T STOP CRYING!!!! It cleanses the soul. You will feel better after you allow yourself to cry until you can cry no more.

We have ALL been where you are. This unfortunately is a very big part of the dating process for whatever reason.

God will mend your heart in time. I am a product of that. You need to find something or someone right now that can help you get through the day. It's a day by day process. In short order, you will be returning to your feet. In moments like these, is when we find comfort in the little things (someone's act of kindness, a joke, or even going out for a coke).

I can't put into words anything that will automatically make you feel better. But trust me that God will heal you, but IT IS going to take some time.

In the past, I found that communicating with the other person only worsens the pain. Get some place where you won't be reminded each minute of your problem. It will get worse before it gets better. But once it is better, it's better forever.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I agree with saw... God will mend your heart, but it will take time. Years ago when I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years, I was crushed. I thought I would marry that guy! I eventually felt better and 2 years after we broke up, I started going out with Kurt- the one I ended up marrying! My ex could NEVER hold a candle to my husband and how he makes me feel- we love each other more than anything (except Jesus, of course!). God blessed me with a wonderful husband who treats me like a queen. I'm saying all of this to make an example of one point... When God closes a door, He opens a window! It may not seem like it now, but trust in God and He'll get you through it- rely on His strength!

BTW- welcome to Worthy- there are great people on this board that can encourage you and will listen to you!!

• Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Have you ever heard this story?...

The Most Beautiful Heart

One day a young man was standing in the middle of the town proclaiming that he had the most beautiful heart in the whole valley. A large crowd gathered and they all admired his heart for it was perfect.

There was not a mark or a flaw in it. Yes, they all agreed it truly was the most beautiful heart they had ever seen. The young man was very proud and boasted more loudly about his beautiful heart.

Suddenly, an old man appeared at the front of the crowd and said, "Why your heart is not nearly as beautiful as mine."

The crowd and the young man looked at the old man's heart. It was beating strongly, but full of scars, it had places where pieces had been removed and other pieces put in, but they didn't fit quite right and there were several jagged edges. In fact, in some places there were deep gouges where whole pieces were missing. The people stared -- how can he say his heart is more beautiful, they thought?

The young man looked at the old man's heart and saw its state and laughed. "You must be joking," he said. "Compare your heart with mine, mine is perfect and yours is a mess of scars and tears." "Yes," said the old man, "yours is perfect looking but I would never trade with you. You see, every scar represents a person to whom I have given my love - I tear out a piece of my heart and give it to them, and often they give me a piece of their heart which fits into the empty place in my heart, but because the pieces aren't exact, I have some rough edges, which I cherish, because they remind me of the love we shared."

Sometimes I have given pieces of my heart away, and the other person hasn't returned a piece of his heart to me. These are the empty gouges -- giving love is taking a chance. Although these gouges are painful, they stay open, reminding me of the love I have for these people too, and I hope someday they may return and fill the space I have waiting. So now do you see what true beauty is?"

The young man stood silently with tears running down his cheeks. He walked up to the old man, reached into his perfect young and beautiful heart, and ripped a piece out. He offered it to the old man with trembling hands. The old man took his offering, placed it in his heart and then took a piece from his old scarred heart and placed it in the wound in the young man's heart. It fit, but not perfectly, as there were some jagged edges. The young man looked at his heart, not perfect anymore but more beautiful than ever, since love from the old man's heart flowed into his. They embraced and walked away side by side.

Author Unknown

The Most Beautiful Heart, from homewithgod.com

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The pain is temporary. It will pass. Know that time really does heal all wounds.

I read a short commentary regarding the verse "Jesus wept". The verse is found in the story of Lazarus. Jesus visited his friends who told Him that Lazarus was dead. He told them that He would raise Lazarus from the dead. The people continued to weep and mourn and Jesus also wept. He knew he was going to raise Lazarus, but his empathy for his friend's pain was so real, that He actually wept. He too feels our pain, the same way we do.

Suffering is something that we humans must go through. We can come away stronger and better in the end. Hold onto the promises.

And we[1] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[2] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

try & receive it from the Lord. It may be to draw you closer to him.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

The pain is temporary. It will pass. Know that time really does heal all wounds.

I read a short commentary regarding the verse "Jesus wept". The verse is found in the story of Lazarus. Jesus visited his friends who told Him that Lazarus was dead. He told them that He would raise Lazarus from the dead. The people continued to weep and mourn and Jesus also wept. He knew he was going to raise Lazarus, but his empathy for his friend's pain was so real, that He actually wept. He too feels our pain, the same way we do.

Suffering is something that we humans must go through. We can come away stronger and better in the end. Hold onto the promises.

And we[1] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[2] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Love that post! :rofl: We can sometimes forget Jesus was human and experienced human emotions (sad ones). Bless You!!