• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Isaiah lived from 758-698 BC. Babylon was destroyed in 689 BC. Nebuchednezzar was born in 630 BC and came to power in 605 BC. Those are statements of fact. How do you figure Babylon had been destroyed before Isaiah and Jeremiah?

What are the dates for Jeremiah?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Ok - sorry, I missed that.

So that means Nebuchandnezzer's city should have been called "New Babylon", huh?

More to the point, it means King N.'s Babylon doesn't play a role in biblical prophecy at all. See what happens when you make an assumption? An entire doctrine built on faulty data because someone forgot to check their facts.

Why would God Give a prophecy about a Babylon that had already been destroyed before Isaiah and Jeremiah. Isaiah and Jeremiah are prophets, not historians.

Isaiah lived from 758-698 BC. Babylon was destroyed in 689 BC. Nebuchednezzar was born in 630 BC and came to power in 605 BC. Those are statements of fact. How do you figure Babylon had been destroyed before Isaiah and Jeremiah?

i gotta admit, this makes things a LOT less complicated. Hallelujah

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

So that means Nebuchandnezzer's city should have been called "New Babylon", huh?

More to the point, it means King N.'s Babylon doesn't play a role in biblical prophecy at all. See what happens when you make an assumption? An entire doctrine built on faulty data because someone forgot to check their facts.

So, you are the only one in the world that caught this "forgetting to check their facts?" An "entire" doctrine, huh? Is this a new doctrine?

Or has it been around for quite a while and only you have it correctly?

So, you are the only one in the world that caught this "forgetting to check their facts?" An "entire" doctrine, huh? Is this a new doctrine?

Not at all; I wouldn't presume.

So.....who else espouses what you are? Your "doctrine?" You seem to be isolated in your belief.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What are the dates for Jeremiah?

Jeremiah was born in 641 BC. There is not a record of his death. One historian writes that he was murdered in Egypt c.551 BC, another that he died in Nebuchednezzar's Babylon around the same date.

OK, so in the case of Jeremiah, whatever he said about Babylon was Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon, wouldn't it be?

So.....who else espouses what you are? Your "doctrine?" You seem to be isolated in your belief.

Actually, I had to research it. The facts are out there for anyone who cares to look. I suggest you do so.

Yet there are a multitude of Biblical scholars who have never found what you are presenting. How come you are the only one to whom the Holy Spirit has revealed this "doctrine." Or do you belong to a congregation who believe as you do?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Actually, I had to research it. The facts are out there for anyone who cares to look. I suggest you do so.

Yet there are a multitude of Biblical scholars who have never found what you are presenting. How come you are the only one to whom the Holy Spirit has revealed this "doctrine." Or do you belong to a congregation who believe as you do?

Parker1, he mentioned he researched the facts. Attacking him in this manner is against the ToS. Try asking what references he could provide you so you can check it out yourself ... be a Berean! :noidea:

Parker1, he mentioned he researched the facts. Attacking him in this manner is against the ToS. Try asking what references he could provide you so you can check it out yourself ... be a Berean! :ph34r:

My questions were sincere. I'm sorry if you think that I am attacking him "in this manner." Perhaps if you could point out to me exactly where my attacks are, I can be more careful not to violate the TOS in the future. Otherwise....I see no trespass.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Why would God Give a prophecy about a Babylon that had already been destroyed before Isaiah and Jeremiah. Isaiah and Jeremiah are prophets, not historians.

i gotta admit, this makes things a LOT less complicated. Hallelujah

Man, where was it rded that Babylon was destroyed in 689 by Sennacherib? It is recorded that Sennacherrib was defeated in Judah and went home and was assasinated by hs son. How can Babylon be destryed to the level described by Isaiah and Jeremiah when it is stated in the Bible that king Hezekiah was ill and the Babylonian envoys visited him and was recieved warmly by Hezekiah and they were shown all Judah's riches.... Isaiah rebuked Hezekiah for his action?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

I agree man. If there are documented evidence please quote it...