• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

hi,

does God hear and consider our prayers even when it goes against His will?

does He only not answer it?

and suppose we get to know that its not God's will, can we ask Him to reconsider? For how long can we keep that going?

Trust

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Proverbs 5-6

Your Daddy

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

Romans 8:15

As An Adoring Child

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 8:3

Falling Deeper And Deeper In Love With HIM

"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:"

"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment."

Mark 12:29-30

And Trusting The Holy Spirit To Pray

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

Romans 8:26

For Your Deepest Desire

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple."

Psalms 27:4

To Come True

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:"

"And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

Revelation 22:3-4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

You can always talk to God about anything. Can I ask you what you mean by asking Him for something that goes against His will. Do you mean that you are praying for something to happen that is clearly against God's Laws? Or are you praying for something that you want that God may not want for you? If you are praying for something like getting a bigger and more beautiful car than your neighbor, then that's not good. But if you are praying for a particular person to fall in love with you and it doesn't seem like God's will that it will happen, well, it's OK to keep praying for that. But remember, God sees tomorrow and we can only see today. I am so very thankful for God's "unanswered" prayers in my life. As I look back I can see things that I just knew had to happen in a certain time frame and things that I just knew were best for me to have that I didn't get....well, hindsight shows me that God knew best.

Lay your prayers before God, but remember to submit to His will, and in all things give thanks.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

hi,

Yes, He hears all of our prayers.

He answers all of our prayers. The problem is when we don't hear what we want to hear, then we question if the answer was of Him or not. When we hear the word "No", we tend to stop listening for His reason why not. Keep listening for the reason.

and suppose we get to know that its not God's will, can we ask Him to reconsider? For how long can we keep that going?
Yes, we can ask for reconsideration, as Abraham did for Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham was able to whittle it down from 50 righteous people to 10 before he decided he had asked enough.

The key to prayer is to listen to His voice for an answer. God is wiser then we can ever imagine, and to try and argue with Him is futile at best. He will tell you when No means No, and at that time, stop asking and accept what He has told you. Remember, He already knows what is on your heart before you even ask.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

You can always talk to God about anything. Can I ask you what you mean by asking Him for something that goes against His will. Do you mean that you are praying for something to happen that is clearly against God's Laws? Or are you praying for something that you want that God may not want for you? If you are praying for something like getting a bigger and more beautiful car than your neighbor, then that's not good. But if you are praying for a particular person to fall in love with you and it doesn't seem like God's will that it will happen, well, it's OK to keep praying for that. But remember, God sees tomorrow and we can only see today. I am so very thankful for God's "unanswered" prayers in my life. As I look back I can see things that I just knew had to happen in a certain time frame and things that I just knew were best for me to have that I didn't get....well, hindsight shows me that God knew best.

Lay your prayers before God, but remember to submit to His will, and in all things give thanks.

<>< ><>

Nathele

hi natalie,

i guess my prayers are more of the "make this person fall in lovewith me" kind. i do not always want to disobey God(though sometimes I want to). its just that sometimes i want Him to reconsider. it is more like, "Daddy, please can't it happen"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

hi,

may be i see it wrong but here it goes

we call god abba

im a dad to the kids god gave me ( my example and answer to yer question)

my kids ask endlessly for things and permission to do things

i give every one of there request its do answer ,,, som times my answer is ( you know better than that :emot-pray: )

i see god as my father

and he answers ever single thing i ask him if im serious about it ( silly things are answered by the above statement )

and i mean every thing i asked is answered

like the time i asked god if it was a sin to drink beer

i got the you know better than that answer

then i asked it again

then i got this answer

no its not a sin to drink a beer

but it is a sin to not pay your bills ,,, ignor your wife ,,, drive drunk ,,, beat ppl up for a quarter on the pool table,,, fight cops ,,, walk past the hungry and homless telling them to get a job while i waste my money on a bender,,, ecxt,ect,ect...

my dad can be harsh when he needs to be ,,, but its for my benfit

i find that if i dont hear an answer from my dad (god) IM NOT LISTENING HARD ENOUGH

love in christ arrow

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

hi,

Yes, I believe God does hear our prayers, even when we are praying for someting that is not what God thinks is best for you.......

one preacher i know was looking for a new (or newer) vehicle..... he found a Caddy that he fancied... and he started praying that the money would come in that he could get it.....

God told him no, that he should buy this older (newer used) pick up truck.... He kept looking at the Caddy, and ignored the Pickum up truck and one day he finally went and bought the caddy..... thinking he had a good deal..... a couple months later, he got transfered to a different church....... the new church, well, anyways, the caddy did not handle..... the caddy started breaking down on those back roads and hills and cow paths he had to travel to do his duties of the church... .the pickum up truck would have done so much better......

so Yes, God will allow us to have our selfish ways.... problem is, it is to teach us a lesson, but most of the time we blame God for our own choices that we make..... just because God allows us to make a choice that is not best for us, does not mean that it is Godls will.....

there are other times that God has allowed a man to help him to make a choice.... or at least asked a man what he thought about a situation......

blessings

mik

e

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

<>< ><>

Nathele

hi natalie,

i guess my prayers are more of the "make this person fall in lovewith me" kind. i do not always want to disobey God(though sometimes I want to). its just that sometimes i want Him to reconsider. it is more like, "Daddy, please can't it happen"

I can tell you with 100% truth that God knows what is best. Pray, by all means pray. But, be sure that you are willing to trust Him for the right answer. I have prayed many prayers asking God for things that I just knew I wanted and they would make me happy. Well, I am so thankful for the times He said "No". Occasionally I ran ahead of Him and did things my way, and I regret these mistakes. Sometimes He says yes to our prayers.

Talke to Him. Lay your hopes, dreams, fears, everything before Him. But then turn them over to Him. Trust Him to know what is best.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

I fully believe that God answers all our prayers, even those that go against his will. However, God may not always answer them in a way that we want. Some Christians I have seen tend to simplify God's answers into "Yes", "No", or "Wait", but I think God has a much broader range to answer questions. To use an extreme example, if my mother (or father, brother, wife, etc) was dying of cancer, and I prayed to God that he help us through, then God could easily decide to answer our prayer with, "Yes, your mother is miraculously healed". However, if my mother was not miraculously healed it does not mean that God has chosen to answer with "No". There are many ways God could choose to send us help. He could bring comfort to us and our family in the days following, perhaps through the love of a neighbour or fellow brother/sister in Christ who opens their heart to our woes and gives us a shoulder to lean on.

The problem with this is that these answers are more subtle than we're probably looking for, and so we think God hasn't answered. Especially when things get tough it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but in most cases there are always small beacons of light that help us on our journey - that is where God is, as I see it.

Prayer is integral to our relationship with God, but there's more to talking to God than simply getting what we want from him in the exact way that we want it.

Just my 0.02c worth :emot-hug:

~ PA