• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

Ahhhhh..... :wacko:

Now I understand where that little scenario came from! Ok, so most of us don't have the authority to 'administer' justice on a larger scale. But, in scenarios such as was given, certainly we can. I remember when my little sister found a large wad of money in a store. She didn't just keep it, nor did my parents. They turned it into the store where it was found. I guess it was up to the store then to administer justice by returning it to the owner when it was claimed. In everyday life, I'm not quite sure how that plays out in other situations. Though, I guess I can think of an example. The employees where I work like to take their food 'to go' even when they're not, because they don't like to pay tax. Would then executing justice be to refuse to do that (an obvious yes); would it also mean pointing out the wrong to others even if you know they don't care (ok, I'm thinking another yes), even if it would cause tension at work (again, doing right means doing right regardless of consequences).

I think I've answered my own questions! :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Ahhhhh..... :wacko:

Now I understand where that little scenario came from! Ok, so most of us don't have the authority to 'administer' justice on a larger scale. But, in scenarios such as was given, certainly we can. I remember when my little sister found a large wad of money in a store. She didn't just keep it, nor did my parents. They turned it into the store where it was found. I guess it was up to the store then to administer justice by returning it to the owner when it was claimed. In everyday life, I'm not quite sure how that plays out in other situations. Though, I guess I can think of an example. The employees where I work like to take their food 'to go' even when they're not, because they don't like to pay tax. Would then executing justice be to refuse to do that (an obvious yes); would it also mean pointing out the wrong to others even if you know they don't care (ok, I'm thinking another yes), even if it would cause tension at work (again, doing right means doing right regardless of consequences).

I think I've answered my own questions! :24:

Now apply that on a National level and then imagine what happens to a Nation. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

:emot-questioned:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Grace to you,

When the Bible asks us to Judge Righteously and to Execute Judgment what is the measure with which we are to use?

In order to Execute Judgment we are going to have to Judge Righteously.

How do we reconcile that with a world that tells us not to Judge?

Peace,

Dave

For me it is real simple. The world say that we should not judge but according to the word of God says that I must determine whether or a person is a drunk or some other addict because I do not need to hang out with those kinds of people because they might influence me and cause me to stumble of just plain fall. I'm to minister to them but not to hang out with them. Which means that I must judge to know what the bible tells me I should do and how to do it.

The bottom line here is that the world tells us not to judge because we are the voice of conscience and the world wants to feel justified to live how they want to live. They don't want anybody to tell them that sin is sin. They want everybody to tell them that there is no such a thing as sin.

When God tells us not to judge He is talking about judging whether or not some one is going to heaven or hell. That is a judgment reserved only for God to make.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Matthew 7

Judging Others

1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in someone else's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from the other person's eye.

Grace to you,

No one said anything about Judging others.

How are you to live Righteously if you refuse to make Judgments? How will you Execute True Judgment without making a Righteous Judgment?

Peace,

Dave

Exactly!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Do you then feel that by and large the Church is following this discretion today?

Sadly, no.

~~

Anyway, this passage came to my mind:

1 Corinthians 6:1-8

1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?

2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?

5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?

6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!

7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated?

8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!