• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Allegations aside, one point of note is that it is a requirement of Muslim belief that they have space set aside to pray. Because their prayers involve getting down on knees and bowing to Mecca, it's important that there is a private and out-of-the-way place that they can do this. Christians do not require such a space. We simply bow our heads and speak silently to our creator. A specific space is not required, and as such the room set aside for Christians might seem to be seen as favouritism. After all, would they also set aside a special room for Buddhists, Hare Krishnas, Jews, or any other belief? Probably not, and almost definitely those would not be decorated and funded by the lecturer.

I think it was necessary for the institution to give space to the Muslims, because that is an integral part of their religious practice. No such space is necessary for Christians.

However, the allegations made that the Muslim is exaggerating the issue to be about an entire Mosque, these are issues of more pressing concern.

Just my initial impressions of the article :rolleyes:

Regards,

Thats not fair! Our girls should have a prayer room too! Praying.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Muslims need more space because they bow and scape to satan; theirs is not an actual religion or faith. It's just a cult and, therefore, should have NO prayer rooms ...... anywhere. In fact, they should be outlawed in the United States. This would make it profitable for Americans to bag them (but not kill them!) and turn them over for a bounty. :taped:
My God, I can't believe I just read such a post. Do you even know what a cult is, and before you answer, remember that Christianity was also once only a cult!

I don't know what the Board Rules are concerning the attack on other Faiths, but this reads remarkably like hate speech to me. I'm not a Muslim, but I cannot believe that a fellow sister or brother in Christ would ever consider this a viable option. Love thy neighbour.... as long as they believe and practice exactly like you do. Love your enemies..... unless it's more convenient to spew bigotry.

I like your Christ. I do not like you Christians. You Christians are so unlike your Christ!

~ Gandhi

Try as I might, I cannot see Jesus putting a bounty on anyone's head! I hope you realise how hateful you sound. Maybe if we made your country or my country a Theocracy, then we could go back to burning witches at the stake and imprisoning anyone that doesn't tow the party line.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

the fact that you dont believe in their object of worship is not relevant at all. By the definition of a religion, Islam is one. It is nonsense to suggest otherwise.

It's pretty relevant to ME. And islam is NOT a religion. It's a cult; i.e., a movement with extremist views which are not based on sound doctrine, that advocates violence, and hold it's members by threat and intimidation. They also worship a pagan god. Religion? No...I dont think so, it's nonsense to pretend that islam is anything but a pretext of a faith founded by satan.

About 20 years, including 3 of it with an ex-Muslim roommate that taught me a great deal about their religion.

Interesting. Have you READ the Qu'ran?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

It's pretty relevant to ME. And islam is NOT a religion. It's a cult; i.e., a movement with extremist views which are not based on sound doctrine, that advocates violence, and hold it's members by threat and intimidation.
That is not the definition of a "cult". But quite aside from that I would argue that they do not advocate violence or threats or intimidation. I do agree that there is a small minority of the Muslim population that subvert their doctrines to turn it into this, but every religion has these types of people - even Christianity. Heck, you just said it would be a good idea for regular citizens to be able to imprison a Muslim against their Will simply for believing differently to what you do (that is the genesis of extremist thinking right there).

They also worship a pagan god. Religion? No...I dont think so, it's nonsense to pretend that islam is anything but a pretext of a faith founded by satan.
Worshipping a pagan god, however, IS the definition of religion (though I'm not sure you can successfully argue that the god they worship is "pagan". At best you could say it is a perverted form of Yahweh - that is not paganism, I'm afraid). I'm not sure I agree with you about it being a faith founded by Satan. Unless we argue that everything except biblical Christianity is a faith founded by Satan, I must wholly disagree. However, if you do say all other beliefs aside from biblical Christianity are founded by Satan, it's rather pointless to indicate Islam at the expense of the almost unlimited number of other deities - you would also have to rightly say they aren't religions either.

Perhaps you could expand on what you mean, because right now I can't see the logic that leads you to this position. Thanks,

~ PA

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thats not fair! Our girls should have a prayer room too! Praying.

who needs a room to pray in? pray in the hall, pray in the lunch room, pray in the patients room. PRAY EVERY WHERE

Do you believe the Muslims would have allowed this? :emot-hug:

I am sorry, but I dont get the connection at all.

False accusation.

I think it was the wrong tactic on the part Mrs Purses in this case. Did what she do help the Christians spread their faith?

I don't know if it's all or most, but prayer rooms are a normal part of a hospital facility. What if the Chrisitan girls were thinking of Christian patients needing a quiet place to pray for their loved ones who were there?

I don't understand why setting up a prayer room has to be about "spreading their faith." Isn't prayer about strengthening our faith?

What I hear you advocating is submission to Islam by withdrawl. Is that how Chrisitans are to live? :emot-hug:

Do you believe the Muslims would have allowed this? :cool:

I dont know. But someone telling me I cant pray does not stop me from praying

But you aren't in Pakistan.

The trainee doctor lied about the Christian nurse evangelising and got her fired.

If the Christians actually did pray in the halls and int he patients' rooms, what do you suppose would have happened to them? :)

It seems that well we do should be about spreading our faith, that is what we are all called to do.

It is one of the things we are to do. But we are also supposed to grow in faith and grow in our relationship with the Lord. I mean, why sit through a sermon that has nothing to do with evangelism? Why worship?

I am not advocating is submission, I am advocating tactics that are effective.

But why do you assume they were thinking "tactics"? What if they were just thinking we want a quiet place to pray?

Heck, you just said it would be a good idea for regular citizens to be able to imprison a Muslim against their Will simply for believing differently to what you do (that is the genesis of extremist thinking right there).

Yes, I am an extreme believer in God who believes islam has no place in my country. And proud of it. It would be more closely akin to bounty hunters who hunt down criminals. Which is what all followers of islam happen to be.

Worshipping a pagan god, however, IS the definition of religion (though I'm not sure you can successfully argue that the god they worship is "pagan". At best you could say it is a perverted form of Yahweh - that is not paganism, I'm afraid).

No, 'at best' I tell the truth and point out that 'allah' is the ancient pagan god, Ba'al, resurrected. Please educate yourself on the birth of islam before you make such statements.

I'm not sure I agree with you about it being a faith founded by Satan.

So...don't agree. You are obviously woefully uninformed about islam and the qu'ran.

However, if you do say all other beliefs aside from biblical Christianity are founded by Satan, it's rather pointless to indicate Islam at the expense of the almost unlimited number of other deities - you would also have to rightly say they aren't religions either.

Yes, and I do. Other than Judaism and Christianity there are no true faiths in the world today.

Perhaps you could expand on what you mean, because right now I can't see the logic that leads you to this position. Thanks,

See above.

Why do you think you get to change the meanings of words at your whim?

Meaning is relative. I say islam is a cult and thousands of ex-muslims agree. It is what it is. :thumbsup:

Why do you think you get to change the meanings of words at your whim?

Meaning is relative. I say islam is a cult and thousands of ex-muslims agree. It is what it is. :thumbsup:

then I guess truth is relative also. :taped:

'Meaning' and 'truth' are not synonomous so I don't get your point. 'Truth' and 'untruth' are absolutes; 'meaning' is relative. :thumbsup: