• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I spent about two hours the other night reading the humor section of Worthy Boards. I was laughing so hard that I woke my wife up a few times.

Some of the more salty jokes were the funniest to me. Jokes are similar to parables. They need an unexpected twist or ending to be effective. Crudity is an easy way to make a joke work and is nearly a necessity IMHO. Therefore if you are easily offended, I doubt there is a comedian on the planet that you would enjoy.

Larry The Cable Guy is rude, crude and totally immature. And people must love it! He is my least favorite of the redneck bunch. I like the story teller, Ron White. Who don't have an uncle like that?

If I had an uncle like Larry, I wouldn't tell anybody :thumbsup: (GIT-R-DONE!) I say lighten up or just don't watch it at all (which I never said was a bad idea!)

Edited by KC02

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

kc, there are a lot of great christian comedians! and for an example of a really funny but non-offensive one (i don't know if she's christian or not), i highly recommend rita rudner! but i know what you're saying... slightly off-coloured jokes are very popular among even the most easily offended christians.... some people can go a little overboard though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

kc, there are a lot of great christian comedians! and for an example of a really funny but non-offensive one (i don't know if she's christian or not), i highly recommend rita rudner! but i know what you're saying... slightly off-coloured jokes are very popular among even the most easily offended christians.... some people can go a little overboard though.

The funniest one I ever heard was Mark Lowry on Bill Gaither's show. He's really hilarious! And boy can he sing!!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Your right about the crude humor. But he's a teddy bear compared to 'Tater salad' Ron White. On the 'Redneck Tour' only Jeff Foxworthy did not use vulgar langauge.

I have to admit I am not a big fan of the "well he/she is not as bad as others" way of thinking.

Good men/women fought and died to give you that right gator.

A fact that bears repeating....lest we forget, redwing. :thumbsup:

If I had an uncle like Larry, I wouldn't tell anybody :thumbsup: I

I SO wouldn't either! :huh:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

The funniest one I ever heard was Mark Lowry on Bill Gaither's show. He's really hilarious! And boy can he sing!!

I really like his voice. :thumbsup:

It is amazing to me to see what passes for 'humor' on t.v. now... I KNOW I am sounding like an old fogy, but honestly.... I don't watch much t.v. and when I cruise through channels I'm stunned... stunned.... I cannot imagine poisoning your mind and spirit with this garbage each day.

Yep; I gave it up when 'that 70's show' came on. It was funny but I started realizing that everything these kids said was rude, crude and sexual in nature. I quit watching. And shows that came out after that one are way worse. I watch 'Family Matters', 'Fresh Prince', 'Full House' and old shows like that instead if, on occasion, I watch t.v. at all. I miss Steve Urkel! My little grandkids watch those shows too and love them. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Kat, with all due respect to you and your beliefs, conservatives are not the only ones who care about America. Also, all those who call themselves liberals are NOT evil, conniving, abusers of the Constitution and Non-Christians. They are all just people. There's another whole sector of the population who call themselves moderates and they are trying to find some balance in these trying times. With regards to Larry the Cable Guy - I'm sure that most of what he does on stage is an act... he's there to make a living and be "funny". But much of his humor is offensive and crude - and, if we stop and think about it - isn't there enough of that in the world? God Bless.

Did I say anything about moderates?

And when I berate liberals, I'm not talking about the duped. I'm talking about people who know better.

Oh I am sorry - you said "Liberals" and did not differentiate between regular Liberals and ones who had been "duped" ... and your signature repeats "Visualize NO Liberals", but it also says "Father, Heal Our Land..." Naturally, all the conflict of terms and different ideas in such close proximity confused me.

God Bless you - I'm praying for you.

A functional Republic, such as ours, has to have differing points of view. If we all followed the same idealogy we would be a totalitarian state. The problem seems to be that so many climb into a box, paste a label on it, and then refuse to listen to anyone or anything that doesn't agree with their own ideas. This is the polarization that is so prevalent in the U.S. today and, I might add, doesn't allow one to grow or change. Here we see 'Larry, the Cable Guy' touted as a conservative. What's conservative about a trailer park mentality? Conservative, by definition, would mean prudence in one's political views. I don't get that from this man at all. :thumbsup: But then, he IS just an entertainer.

A trailer park mentality? Because Larry uses a Southern accent and is many times crude and earthy, that is a trailer park mentality? As a Southerner, I have a problem with that. Much of the liberalism in the country is North of the MDL (except for DC of course) and in the West and Pacific Northwest, not here in the South. So is a lot of the racial prejudice people "expect" from we Southrons. I heard the word 'nigger' far more in Western Pennsylvania than I ever have here in Tennessee. Are trailer parks confined to the South? Are people who live in trailer parks less intelligent than those who live in brick and mortar homes?

From what I can see, ALL liberals are duped to a certain degree. Conservatives are as well. Conservatism is not necessarily Christian, nor liberalism non-Christian.

Larry the cable guy is sometimes funny and sometimes earthy and crude. Eat the fish and spit out the bones. When he's funny, laugh; when he's crude, turn him off.

A trailer park mentality? Because Larry uses a Southern accent and is many times crude and earthy, that is a trailer park mentality? As a Southerner, I have a problem with that. Much of the liberalism in the country is North of the MDL (except for DC of course) and in the West and Pacific Northwest, not here in the South. So is a lot of the racial prejudice people "expect" from we Southrons. I heard the word 'nigger' far more in Western Pennsylvania than I ever have here in Tennessee. Are trailer parks confined to the South? Are people who live in trailer parks less intelligent than those who live in brick and mortar homes?

From what I can see, ALL liberals are duped to a certain degree. Conservatives are as well. Conservatism is not necessarily Christian, nor liberalism non-Christian.

Larry the cable guy is sometimes funny and sometimes earthy and crude. Eat the fish and spit out the bones. When he's funny, laugh; when he's crude, turn him off.

I am also a southernor. My point is that people like that really don't paint a great picture of those who live in the south. 'Trailer park mentality' has less to do with where one lives and everything to do with mindset. You could live in a Beverly Hills mansion and still have that mentality. Of course people who live in trailer parks are not less intelligent; I lived in one myself for five years when I was very young. It's a colloquialism that is used pretty much throughout the U.S.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I agree MorningGlory; however, you term "trailer park mentality" is very offensive. The correct term is: "gloriously unsophisticated." :thumbsup:

I am also a southernor. My point is that people like that really don't paint a great picture of those who live in the south. 'Trailer park mentality' has less to do with where one lives and everything to do with mindset. You could live in a Beverly Hills mansion and still have that mentality. Of course people who live in trailer parks are not less intelligent; I lived in one myself for five years when I was very young. It's a colloquialism that is used pretty much throughout the U.S.