• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

I used to think he was funny but now I wouldnt promote him or his humor.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I used to think he was funny but now I wouldnt promote him or his humor.

Yep; I noticed that things I used to laugh at are offensive to me now and people I used to think were witty I now see as crude and childish. Wow! The Lord really does a number on one, eh? And I am eternally grateful to Him. :whistling:

Guest LadyC

ok, ya know, larry the cable guy is crude, rude, and socially unacceptable in concert. we know that. however, he was interviewed on fox news channel and was not vulgar in any way. so for all you people who are protesting against "promoting" him in any way, shame, shame.... nobody here is promoting anything, the OP was about what he said in the interview, which WAS funny. how sad when christians are so offended by a person that they aren't willing to acknowledge that the person could have a single good quality, say a single thing of value, or at least of humour worth listening to.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

ok, ya know, larry the cable guy is crude, rude, and socially unacceptable in concert. we know that. however, he was interviewed on fox news channel and was not vulgar in any way. so for all you people who are protesting against "promoting" him in any way, shame, shame.... nobody here is promoting anything, the OP was about what he said in the interview, which WAS funny. how sad when christians are so offended by a person that they aren't willing to acknowledge that the person could have a single good quality, say a single thing of value, or at least of humour worth listening to.

One of his best qualities is he's not a liberal -- he cares about this country.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Larry is da man!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah Larry the cable guy is hilarious and he is coming to my town on the 20th woooooohooooooooo trying to get tickets now

Cecee

I think the above two quotes satisfy the conditions of promotion or endorsement. I had a man ask me onetime, how much feces do you want in your tap water?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Larry is da man!!! :cool:

Bubba;

Thanks for the reply...your brevity..."Larry is da man!!!" perhaps leaves itself to open interpretation in light of the post that follows by another participant, who is excited to buy tickets. My post was a conscience check, just because someone aligns themselves with a conservative political movement doesn't dismiss their contribution to the decay of our culture with their vulgar comedy routine or sacrereligious spoofs. I think we have to be careful what we call entertainment and what we allow our attention to be drawn to and programmed by.

However, my intent was not to offend or shotgun my criticism. Please forgive me if you were offended by my return. As a "born again" believer I feel we have to give voice to convictions for the benefit of other believers. But at the end of the day each has to make his or her own decsion based on their convictions. I'm sorry to respond to your e-mail on the more public thread, but I couldn't get your e-mail to work. Plus, I think those who may have felt they were dealt with harshly should know my intent. I was reflecting my own personal struggle to keep it pure.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

One of his best qualities is he's not a liberal -- he cares about this country.

Kat, with all due respect to you and your beliefs, conservatives are not the only ones who care about America. Also, all those who call themselves liberals are NOT evil, conniving, abusers of the Constitution and Non-Christians. They are all just people. There's another whole sector of the population who call themselves moderates and they are trying to find some balance in these trying times. With regards to Larry the Cable Guy - I'm sure that most of what he does on stage is an act... he's there to make a living and be "funny". But much of his humor is offensive and crude - and, if we stop and think about it - isn't there enough of that in the world? God Bless.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Kat, with all due respect to you and your beliefs, conservatives are not the only ones who care about America. Also, all those who call themselves liberals are NOT evil, conniving, abusers of the Constitution and Non-Christians. They are all just people. There's another whole sector of the population who call themselves moderates and they are trying to find some balance in these trying times. With regards to Larry the Cable Guy - I'm sure that most of what he does on stage is an act... he's there to make a living and be "funny". But much of his humor is offensive and crude - and, if we stop and think about it - isn't there enough of that in the world? God Bless.

Did I say anything about moderates?

And when I berate liberals, I'm not talking about the duped. I'm talking about people who know better.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

And when I berate liberals, I'm not talking about the duped. I'm talking about people who know better.

Oh I am sorry - you said "Liberals" and did not differentiate between regular Liberals and ones who had been "duped" ... and your signature repeats "Visualize NO Liberals", but it also says "Father, Heal Our Land..." Naturally, all the conflict of terms and different ideas in such close proximity confused me.

God Bless you - I'm praying for you.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Oh I am sorry - you said "Liberals" and did not differentiate between regular Liberals and ones who had been "duped" ... and your signature repeats "Visualize NO Liberals", but it also says "Father, Heal Our Land..." Naturally, all the conflict of terms and different ideas in such close proximity confused me.

God Bless you - I'm praying for you.

A functional Republic, such as ours, has to have differing points of view. If we all followed the same idealogy we would be a totalitarian state. The problem seems to be that so many climb into a box, paste a label on it, and then refuse to listen to anyone or anything that doesn't agree with their own ideas. This is the polarization that is so prevalent in the U.S. today and, I might add, doesn't allow one to grow or change. Here we see 'Larry, the Cable Guy' touted as a conservative. What's conservative about a trailer park mentality? Conservative, by definition, would mean prudence in one's political views. I don't get that from this man at all. :cool: But then, he IS just an entertainer.