• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

how does God talk besides the bible. can he talk with mind to. When my internet got disconnected because of money situation. I was mad and told God i want my internet back on, and I heard voice inside my head saying in a while tigger spend some time with me. There was another time that I was crying because of work, and another voice came in my head saying I'm right hear sweety calm down lets look at the be still verse in bible lets read it. Is that from God how do we know whats from satan and that satan not tricky u.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Hi Tig, I agree with Charitow completely. Satan never tries to encourage or lead you to God. Always discourages and condemns. I believe you were hearing Gods voice in the two incidents you spoke of. Don

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

I agree with both comments above. Also, one way to be sure is to check what you are being told to see if it lines up with Scripture. God will NEVER tell you anything that is contrary to HIS Word.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

The Spirit does tend to nudge you once in awhile. :thumbsup:

I agree with both comments above. Also, one way to be sure is to check what you are being told to see if it lines up with Scripture. God will NEVER tell you anything that is contrary to HIS Word.

I don't know where it says about visions and how God talks, What are visions anyway can people have visions of Jesus.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Tigger....

This probably isn't what is really being addressed, but when I was a little girl and laid in bed at night in my grandmother's room - if it was raining, she'd tell me to "listen to God" and she'd tell me the raindrops on the roses were Him speaking. She said the same thing about the wind blowing through the pine trees and even about thunder and lightning. It satisfied me as a child and sometimes I still listen to Him when it rains or I hear the breeze in the pines...

God Bless you

Tigger....

This probably isn't what is really being addressed, but when I was a little girl and laid in bed at night in my grandmother's room - if it was raining, she'd tell me to "listen to God" and she'd tell me the raindrops on the roses were Him speaking. She said the same thing about the wind blowing through the pine trees and even about thunder and lightning. It satisfied me as a child and sometimes I still listen to Him when it rains or I hear the breeze in the pines...

God Bless you

thats pretty :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

I agree with everyone here. God talks in your mind, He talks through visions and dreams and He talks through little things He brings over your path. We must just stay attent on what He shows us. The other day it was dark with clouds and overcast early in the morning and I was very down, but while I was driving to work, the next moment He showed me the most awesome sunrise. Only a few rays of sun trying to come throught the clouds. It was there just for a brief moment and I knew God told me to be still and Know He's there.

He also talks to me through music. And believe it or not, but sometimes even wordly music. Example. I was crying before God about major problems in our lifes and the next moment the song "put on the garments of praise with the spirit of heaviness" come into my head. I said please God not now, but I kept on singing the song until I felt better.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I agree with everyone here. God talks in your mind, He talks through visions and dreams and He talks through little things He brings over your path. We must just stay attent on what He shows us. The other day it was dark with clouds and overcast early in the morning and I was very down, but while I was driving to work, the next moment He showed me the most awesome sunrise. Only a few rays of sun trying to come throught the clouds. It was there just for a brief moment and I knew God told me to be still and Know He's there.

He also talks to me through music. And believe it or not, but sometimes even wordly music. Example. I was crying before God about major problems in our lifes and the next moment the song "put on the garments of praise with the spirit of heaviness" come into my head. I said please God not now, but I kept on singing the song until I felt better.

God speaks to my heart in those same ways sometimes. I see Him everywhere.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Replying to the title......

God speaks in many many ways........

I use to run, minimum of 5 miles a day, and as many as 20 + miles a day..... was at one time able to run 5 miles in under 22 minutes ( about 4.25 min/mile )

God has spoken to me several times by means of dreams through running, also through walking (use to use my feet for my major form of transportation, have walked across Wichita Ks several times, across San Diego a good number times.... a member of the 100 mile club and the 600 mile club while stationed in Iceland)

one night, had a series of dreams.....

the first: I was in a building with multilevels for the floor, similur to a school that was built on a slight grade, with sloped floors also areas where there were a couple steps or two.... the building was set up where the halls intersected and formed squares.

in the dream I was running with a black book in my hand.... we had to do three sets of three laps.... while I was running the laps, I had the book with me, and I would switch hands as I was making the turns... when I was turning left, the book would be in my left hand, when I turned right, the book would be in my right hand..... this went on for each lap of each set.

after the completion of these sets, every one was free to go.... in the dream, I stayed behind and continued to work out, I had done my endurance training, and now was doing my strength training, doing situps, pushups and leg lifts and other things then did a series of cool down exercises....

when I awoke, I knew part of the meaning, it was not until writing this post that more of it came to me......

when I receive a dream such as this, I write them down... Teresa and me both keep notebooks and notes, and even during sermons, there is stuff received that we write down that was not even spoke about during the sermon as the Lord shows us new things (new to us).....

My Grandfather was a Mathamatician and an Engineer for Beech Aircraft (and other places prior to that) I still have his calculator that he used ( a really super nice bamboo sliderule, I used it in school, and every once in a while, i break it out and work with it).... God spoke to my grandfather in Math/science..... and even gave him the needed information that my grandfather, prooved, that Christ was fully devine and fully mortal..... AT THE SAME TIME....... I am not the mathamatician and I was not able to understand at the younger age.... Grandfather taught me how to do Algebra when I was in the 7th grade, and in the 9th grade, i took the class, and got every answer correct every time, but failed the class (ooops, never learned how to show my work, did it in my head)......

for me, God spoke to me in running and walking, for my grandfather, He spoke to him in math and science.... for my mother, God speaks to her in a different way.... for Teresa, He speaks through poetry and other means.... Elijah was spoken to in a soft voice, others it is a booming voice, others it is through a blinding light. God speaks through Dreams, Vissions, Words of Knowledge, Wisdom, Prophecy, Tongues/Interpretation, God uses many other means to speak, through the life in this world around us, through a friend, a neighbor, even a fleeting thought.

something I have found out also, is that, the more I spend in His Holy Word, the more I spend in prayer, the more I spend waiting, the clearer the messages are from God......

mike