Christianity and major depression

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Since I can't post in other boards I am using this one to maybe get some help.

I suffer for major depression. Despite the fact that I ,thank God, am able to have a full time job it hits me hard when i am home.

Most of the time I barely do some cleaning and quick cook for my son. I am a sincere born again christian but some times

I wonder if since God promissed a peace that surpasses all understanding why don't I have it? Why do I become so anxious

we events that other people will not think twice about it? Why my mood is so vulnerable? Do I really belong to the Lord

or am I delirious?

Lori

2nd try

Lori:

I have low-grade depression but it

Edited by oak

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Since I can't post in other boards I am using this one to maybe get some help.

I suffer for major depression. Despite the fact that I ,thank God, am able to have a full time job it hits me hard when i am home.

Most of the time I barely do some cleaning and quick cook for my son. I am a sincere born again christian but some times

I wonder if since God promissed a peace that surpasses all understanding why don't I have it? Why do I become so anxious

we events that other people will not think twice about it? Why my mood is so vulnerable? Do I really belong to the Lord

or am I delirious?

Lori

I was reading the book of Proverbs last night and a verse that really stuck out to me is this one.

Proverbs 12: 25

25 Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,

But a good word makes it glad.

So are you having some kind of anxiety?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If you have accepted Jesus as your savior, believe that HE died for your sins, rose again and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father, then you are saved. Saying that ...

Depression is not always a demonic spirit oppressing you. It may be an imbalance of chemicals in your body. I would suggest testing to see if this is so or not . If it is, this can be corrected many ways, including something as simple as adjusting your diet.

I agree I do not have a demoniac spirit. I do have the Holly Spirit in me and there is no space for any other. What I have

is an illness that the Lord can cure. I will not stop asking for a cure until he does it. I do take meds what is the reason that

I am able to keep a full time job. Most of the days I can't hardly finish my 12 hours shift as a nurse but by the grace of God

I never have to leave early. Amen

Have you read Isaiah 58? In verse 6, it tells us

"Is this not the fast that I have chosen:

To loose the bonds of wickedness,

To undo the heavy burdens,

To let the oppressed go free,

And that you break every yoke? "

Since you are an RN, you know about fasting, and since you are a Christian, you know about prayer. Have you considered this?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I too suffer from depression. Well if you call it that. I am bipolar and have been able to control it for the most part since I was finally diagnoced a few years ago. I am not on meds and have spent most of the last 4 years off meds due to pregnancy and nursing my kids. I will go back on meds after my baby is born this time and am thankful that God has made meds availiable to me that work for me. I feel that my peace comes not from knowing I won't become depressed or anxious again but instead from knowing if I do God will pick me up and be there to help me through it. I have been through very tough times in my life but looking back I was never alone. So even though I do need meds and will get depressed or maybe even manic I know Jesus is there holding my hand and I will never be alone again.

I am not sure if this helps but I can also say that when I am at my worst Psalm 6 seems to help me. I pray it and read it often. It may seem depressing but for me it is a release.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

:rolleyes: lori :emot-hug: welcome and i too was diagnosed with bipolar and yeah that psalms helps me as well!!!!!!!!

lv yr sis in christ

manie

I am so glad I am not the only person that finds comfort in that psalm I have loved it for years but I find that most people don't even know what I am talking about lol :rolleyes: I hope to get to know everyone soon but thanks for the welcome

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,285
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

well...i had it really bad and a year and a half ago...i was depressed bad and panicked off and on for about 2 years....it was really bad......i started seeking wisdom(God) ...i was already saved....but i wasnt really seeking him...any way,i found worthy and decided that i would use this site,and also e sword(online bible) to learn more about God....so i started come here and reading e sword,about maybe an hour a day.... long story short,its 1 and a half years later...and i dont have any depression....and barly remmember what the panic was like....hang in there....be tough(which i know can be very hard when depressed) but most of all learn the word(bible) at your own pace...if it takes you 20 years ,cool....if it takes a week cool....i am not a professional....all i know is that it worked for me.....i will pray also :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Hi Lcevallos, praying for you.

I have had depression for many years, following the disintegration of my marriage, the death of my two best friends, and being forced to live without my children. Even though i came to Christ in the midst of all this and started off well, i began to be suseptable to depression more and more over the years.

I have to agree with Blien re Prov 12:25 Anxiety being (a) cause.

My anxiety was ive found out after 18 yrs, because i had spurned the instruction of my mentors and failed to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit because i accepted wrong advice instead of asking God if this was right. This led to a life of unnessary stress and anxiety, but it was the nagging hidden anxiety of feeling i was not walking in Gods light that mostly caused it i believe.

The one thing that helped me alot was a little dog that came into my life, and his infectious joy and need to go for walks got me out walking where as before i would just go to work and not want to do anything when i was home.Often my dogs little antics would cause me to smile or laugh even when nothing else would.

This did not remove my anxiety/depression, but got me to a better place, and eventually God revealed my error. I had cried out to God often and intensley at times, but when i simply said show me what you want God, save me as only you can, He brought me into a wide place.

The other thing that has helped was a website saying to renounce curses and witchcraft daily by faith send them back sevenfold to the sender.

I noticed an immediate difference from this even though i did not know of anyone specifically sending them or being in witchcraft.

Remember you are not cursing anyone, only allowing them to reap the consequences of their own evil, and maybe repent.

If any of this helps God bless it to you. Arthur

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14

Thank you so much for the support. I will ready every scripture wit time and meditation. I am OK today and praying to stay like that.

Lori C

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Looking for Advise