• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

It seems to me that cults everywhere are attracting more and more members.

Time, Life and so many other magazines continue to run stories on the mormon compound, Tom Cruise is continually deluding more and more people with his 'religion', the JW's are getting more aggressive in their recruiting and New age religionssuch as Wicca, paganism and even outright satanism (as presented by the dreadful Anton Levey-I think thats how to spell his name) are continuing to rise in popularity.

As a Christian, and former pagan myself, I am getting tired of it. I think it's time we did something about this. I'm not suggesting any kind of violence or onflict, but I think it is time we as Christians got more aggressive with our witnessing, and made goals, say witness to 5 people a day. God commisions all his followers to 'make disciples of all nations' it is our duty to spread the good news, for too long we've let Satan's influence come in all around us and done little about it.

Praying about it is a good start, but paying that God will let us help seems even better.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Well, it is disturbing that there is an increase in these false "religions"... short of civil unrest, which we cannot do - all we can do is PRAY, WITNESS, STAY GROUNDED IN THE WORD. And live our lives as Christ would have us live them. Someone told me one day and it is such a compelling statement - Sometimes the only "Bible" a Nonbeliever ever sees is a Christian 'in action'. So - always wear the Armor of the Lord, put His Will in front of our own and Live as kindly and as benevolently as He would have us live. God Bless You.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Are there any statistics that validate an increased participation in cults?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

As a Christian, and former pagan myself, I am getting tired of it. I think it's time we did something about this. I'm not suggesting any kind of violence or onflict, but I think it is time we as Christians got more aggressive with our witnessing, and made goals, say witness to 5 people a day. God commisions all his followers to 'make disciples of all nations' it is our duty to spread the good news, for too long we've let Satan's influence come in all around us and done little about it.

Praying about it is a good start, but paying that God will let us help seems even better.

Prayer is always good. When I read your ..witness to 5 people a day, I started to think about people running around the centers of town handing out pamplets, some shouting the end of days and then I thought wasn't there a movie along those lines. :huh: Witnessing to me is so much more than asking if someones heard the good news. We are our own witness by our very actions and deeds, to let God's light shine through us people are drawn to that I believe. I see perhaps not an increase in 'cults' they have always been around. What I see is an increase in the media, internet and other attention to stuff like this. I don't have stats though for this its just how I perceive it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Blessed

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted."

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."

"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God"

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."

"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." Matthew 5:3-12

Follow Their Shepherd

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters"

"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over."

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Psalms 23

And Sometimes They Wait And Watch His Salvation

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalms 46:10

And At Other Times They Walk The Fields Casting And Watering The Seeds Given o Sow

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." Psalms 126:5-6

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Amen, Joe, amen. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1977

Not 'On the Rise' but think rather, coming out of the shadows and into the mainstream.

The numbers are proportional as population increases.

Occultists landed on the shores of the New World the day after the Puritans didn't land at Plymouth Rock.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

There is a stir in the spirit to find faith in someone for guidance, unfortunately, for most, it will not be God. As people look around at the condition of the world, they are afraid and are looking for answers in the spiritual world. Those who refuse to believe in the bible will seek another faith, one that they are "comfortable" with. This is to be expected and more of a reason to speak the truth to those who are seeking. Scripture tells us that in the last days, false christs, false teachers and false prophets will arise. The time is short and the harvest is great. There is a lot of work to be done!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Are there any statistics that validate an increased participation in cults?
Do you mean that perhaps this is the result of an increase in the media coverage of such cults, rather than an increase in cults themselves?????

Perhaps it has to do with the area you live in. I live in a highly non-Christian region of the world (I haven't done statistical research, but Christianity would probably be fourth in my region, behind Islam, Buddhism, and Secularism). Other areas, such as the Bible-belt reportedly have 99% Christian influence or near enough to that as makes no difference (I've never been to America, so I'm only going by 2nd and 3rd hand reports on this one.

Either way, I think it is a good idea to witness to others and share the love of God. There is a certain sense of apathy amongst many people these days when it comes to sharing beliefs, and I think that needs to be addressed. At least, that's been my experience.

~ PA

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I admit that my statement of cults on the rise is not based on any statitics that I read, but merely on seeing more and more of them.

Not just in the news, if you go into borders the 'new age' section is just as big-in some stores bigger-than the christian section, while this is not a solid proof of any kind, it does show that America's spirituality centers are shifting.

Also, while I agree that it is very important to live an exemplary life as much as possible for those around you to see, I still beleive that it is equally important to witness, after all, Jesus told his followers to go forth and make disciples of all nations before he ascended. So while I don't think we need to stand on street corners yelling about the end of times, it is important for us to go out and let people know the good news.

When I stand face to face with God in judgement, I am not looking forward to having to explain why I let so many people slide into hell without at least attempting to say something to them about Jesus.