IGNORED

How to Handle Jehovah Witnesses?

stacey c

Guest LadyC
believer, exactly my point.

i was a strong christian and very well versed in presenting the gospel one time when i decided (against my better judgement because i might add) to invite a couple of JW's in. by the time they left i was doubting my own beliefs. i had become confused. so again, unless one is prompted by God to witness to them, shut the door.

My mistake I guess... I thought somebody said to bring 'em in and feed them lunch and tell them what is wrong with their doctrine.... I just do not feel comfortable with that....

you didn't misunderstand! RG is insisting everyone has the responsibility to do just that... i'm saying that's a spiritually dangerous place to go if God hasn't led you to do it!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

believer, exactly my point.

i was a strong christian and very well versed in presenting the gospel one time when i decided (against my better judgement because i might add) to invite a couple of JW's in. by the time they left i was doubting my own beliefs. i had become confused. so again, unless one is prompted by God to witness to them, shut the door.

My mistake I guess... I thought somebody said to bring 'em in and feed them lunch and tell them what is wrong with their doctrine.... I just do not feel comfortable with that....

you didn't misunderstand! RG is insisting everyone has the responsibility to do just that... i'm saying that's a spiritually dangerous place to go if God hasn't led you to do it!

Isn't that why the Bible teaches to "Be instant in season and out" ?

We must always be prepared to defend the Gosple, pray, teach, and minister. We never know when God is going to throw opportunity at us to reach the lost.

Guest LadyC

it seems that not everyone believes that the Holy Spirit directs our daily lives according to His will and timing. i'd better go start breakfast before i lose my cool at those who would imply that some of us are disobedient to God for not doing things THEIR way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I have found it hard to get into a discussion with a JW without addressing their doctrine. Usually those discussions result in heated arguments. It's for that reason I've decided not to entertain them at all. I will usually say, "No thanks, I'm a Christian" and tell them goodbye.

Jehovah's Witnesses are extremely set in their doctrine. They are entirely in the realm of Right and Wrong and it's not working for them in terms of their relationships with other believers.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I have never had any JW's come to my door, I wish they would!

If a JW comes to my door, it would be a pretty clear message to me that God wanted me to witness to them and try to show them true salvation.

Door to door sales people, JW's or just someone stopping by to ask if they can use your phone is a golden oppertunity to share our faith with them.

I'm not trying to come off as a jerk or anything but if all we're concerned about when someone comes to our door is how to make sure we aren't inconcvienced or bothered than we really aren't doing the will of our Father.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I have found it hard to get into a discussion with a JW without addressing their doctrine. Usually those discussions result in heated arguments. It's for that reason I've decided not to entertain them at all. I will usually say, "No thanks, I'm a Christian" and tell them goodbye.

Jehovah's Witnesses are extremely set in their doctrine. They are entirely in the realm of Right and Wrong and it's not working for them in terms of their relationships with other believers.

That is EXACTLY what I do Ovedya! I just don't want to get into an argument ... and they are pretty indoctrinated into the false beliefs. I simply tell them that Jesus saved me and I am His! They usually just kind of look at me and then leave...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

i love it when mormons and jwits come to my door!

i don't usually discuss doctrine with them (unless the convo leads that direction and i feel the Spirit leading me). i have found that they don't hear a word i say when what i say goes against their doctrine. instead i just listen to what they say, and i ususally find ample opportunites to bring up Jesus and verses about Him. i take their tracks because if i don't, maybe some impressionable person will. in fact, i had a teacher once tell me that i should get as many as i could from them!

we don't have to convert them on the spot. planting a seed can be as simple as asking them if they have been redeemed. (and you need not invite them in to do this.) a good friend of mine always says "do what God tells you to do and leave the results with Him." a good principle to live by, methinks.

i think you'll do great, Stacey!

:laugh:

Thanks Charitow :thumbsup: I like your friends quote I might have to steal it! :emot-drool:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

did i say WE should pick and choose? i did not. i said UNLESS GOD LEADS US to witness to a JW we should not. quit trying to bully people. YOU are not God.

Good point. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

If they are that set and that knowlegable of their doctrine, I wouldn't attempt to argue unless I had an in-depth knowlege of their doctrine, which I don't.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

1 Peter 3:15 (New International Version)

15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

If you're not informed, get informed. What a perfect opportunity to witness to someone. How much better can it get than them coming to your door?