• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

And about

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Mark 16:15

I must tell y the truth, most of the chinese are not the Christian, a lot person even hate Yahveh G-D

To preaching in china is much more difficult than y can image,till now ,I am the loser in this area, but G-D told me that I must keep my own faith and walking in G-D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

by the way,i found that a lot custom of ancient JEW is very similar to ancient China,it is really puzzled me

well, being that China had its beginning from the same place the Jew, Hebrew, Israelites/Israelies do.... I can see where that would be very plausible.

going through the Bible, looking at the Geneology, and the destinations of the branches that come from the main line you will find quite a great number of the nations and where they originated from.....

as for the missing vowle, it is a sign of respect, reverance..... it is written that we are not to use the Lords Name in vain, by leaving out a vowle, it is "nolonger" His name. Using the Lords Name in vain is not just curse words.... many people in churchs use His name in vain every day and do not even realize it, by using it for an exclamation..... we tend to throw His name around like an every day term, and it is not in worship, praise, adoration, witnessing, preaching, teaching..... we use it just because.

one lady I knew of, would cross her self every time some one said the name of Jesus, or even God, and would add a phrase to keep it from being "in vain"....

one young man (a Bible student) use to make fun of a way a minister pronounced the name of Jesus, and during a ralley, they had an alter call, and a man was there at the front and this young man went up to this other man and the man looked at him and told him that he had no power over him, (the young man used the Lord Jesus, name in vain so much, that the power of the name was not there for him...

I used an example during youth one night, cause these young people had been using His Name in such ways that was not really calling upon Him, it was not cussing, but was in vain.......

as I was speaking to them about using the Lords name, I told them that I will call on one of them, and they were to respond every time I called them.....

so I called one, and while that person came up, I continued speaking.... and when that youth came up and responded, I said I didnt need anything...... that child no more and got seated, then I said her name again, and continued on, again that child responded..... we did this several times..... and you could tell the child was getting tired of responding when called upon....

I asked her to share with the rest of them how she felt, she felt hurt, unwanted, and sad that when she was called that she was not really wanted.......

God feels this way, we call upon Him and then we do not talk to Him or share our time with Him..... pretty soon, He will not respond to us as quick as we would like Him to.

so, in order to keep from Using the Lords Name in Vain, people have found some interesting ways of changing things to keep their toes in line.....

oh yeah, after the exersice with the youth, I did let the one I used know that she was very much wanted and that she did a very good job helping me with the demonstration, and that the feelings she started having were very much like that God would have using His name with out a purpose.....we also let each and every one of them know that they are wanted, and appreciated by us very much.....

if you choose to do this you might ensure you pick a child that is not emotionally rejected by those of their family or firends..

mike

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

by the way,i found that a lot custom of ancient JEW is very similar to ancient China,it is really puzzled me

They are both Eastern cultures.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

well, being that China had its beginning from the same place the Jew, Hebrew, Israelites/Israelies do.... I can see where that would be very plausible.

going through the Bible, looking at the Geneology, and the destinations of the branches that come from the main line you will find quite a great number of the nations and where they originated from.....

as for the missing vowle, it is a sign of respect, reverance..... it is written that we are not to use the Lords Name in vain, by leaving out a vowle, it is "nolonger" His name. Using the Lords Name in vain is not just curse words.... many people in churchs use His name in vain every day and do not even realize it, by using it for an exclamation..... we tend to throw His name around like an every day term, and it is not in worship, praise, adoration, witnessing, preaching, teaching..... we use it just because.

one lady I knew of, would cross her self every time some one said the name of Jesus, or even God, and would add a phrase to keep it from being "in vain"....

one young man (a Bible student) use to make fun of a way a minister pronounced the name of Jesus, and during a ralley, they had an alter call, and a man was there at the front and this young man went up to this other man and the man looked at him and told him that he had no power over him, (the young man used the Lord Jesus, name in vain so much, that the power of the name was not there for him...

I used an example during youth one night, cause these young people had been using His Name in such ways that was not really calling upon Him, it was not cussing, but was in vain.......

as I was speaking to them about using the Lords name, I told them that I will call on one of them, and they were to respond every time I called them.....

so I called one, and while that person came up, I continued speaking.... and when that youth came up and responded, I said I didnt need anything...... that child no more and got seated, then I said her name again, and continued on, again that child responded..... we did this several times..... and you could tell the child was getting tired of responding when called upon....

I asked her to share with the rest of them how she felt, she felt hurt, unwanted, and sad that when she was called that she was not really wanted.......

God feels this way, we call upon Him and then we do not talk to Him or share our time with Him..... pretty soon, He will not respond to us as quick as we would like Him to.

so, in order to keep from Using the Lords Name in Vain, people have found some interesting ways of changing things to keep their toes in line.....

oh yeah, after the exersice with the youth, I did let the one I used know that she was very much wanted and that she did a very good job helping me with the demonstration, and that the feelings she started having were very much like that God would have using His name with out a purpose.....we also let each and every one of them know that they are wanted, and appreciated by us very much.....

if you choose to do this you might ensure you pick a child that is not emotionally rejected by those of their family or firends..

mike

:emot-hug::emot-highfive::blink:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I've always disliked it too. The same as people praying in king james english because they have the impression that the everyday english of the 17th century was somehow more holy then ours.

If it's the only bible they've ever really used then I guess I can understand it -

But if they just put it on for prayer :emot-highfive:

But anyway. Everyone has to make their own decisions.

Older is not always better, just different, sometimes worse. I would suspect that the most effective prayer is one that someone prays with their own words with,rather than using the language of some medieval king that nobody understands anymore. On a related note, I too, was guilty of believing at one time that only traditional hymns should be sung in church. Then I came to realize that God wants us to worship Him in our own way, not the way our grandfathers or fatheres did. That was THEIR worship, He wants us to worship Him with OUR worship.

And about

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Mark 16:15

I must tell y the truth, most of the chinese are not the Christian, a lot person even hate Yahveh G-D

To preaching in china is much more difficult than y can image,till now ,I am the loser in this area, but G-D told me that I must keep my own faith and walking in G-D

mike

Exactly mike. How many times a day do we hear our young people saying OMG! I'm willing to bet that God is getting very tired of people calling His name, only to find out that they are not even truly seeking Him. imagine if someone called out your name 100 times a day. wouldn't we get tired of responding to a prank call?