• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Shiloh,

You describe some very sad people who are married. I married my best friend and he married me. We do not argue or fuss much less - fight. We have a harmony that can only be a gift from God. We respect each other, cherish each other and cheer each other. We've faced illness, teenagers, financial problems, death of parents AND the joys of watching countless sunrises and sunsets, long walks on beautiful beaches, and the extraordinary blessing of a grandchild!!! We compliment each other beautifully - he's kind of quiet and shy and I am a giggler who likes to chat some. We are comfortable on long winter nights sitting in front of our fire and talking about things we've read and on warm summer evenings walking near the beautiful rivers near our home. We pray each day and love each other passionately. This man makes me realize more and more each day how much Our Lord loves us. We are so blessed. I just wanted to share this with you. Some people are not meant to be married and it was many years that we both thought that was our individual burden - but God had other Plans. God gave us a blessing and we thank Him each day. God Bless you, Shiloh.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

Yes I am wondering if I am condemn to being single the rest of my life. I can't tell you how tired I'm of hearing married people (who mean to give good advice), telling me they wish they were single and than quoting I Corthians 7:32-33. No doubt God does love me but I sure don't feel it. Condemnation is all I feel right now, to be given a desire, but at my age facts are facts barring a miracle I am condemn to being single. My greatest prayer request since coming to Christ is just a plain flat no. And this from a mercilful God. Oh how I find it so hard to pray to God for anything. So am I condemned by God? What did Solomon say, "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22) If nothing else I have not found this favour with God. If any singles or someone who was single in this kind of situation could gave me some helpful advice I would be grateful.

Will I am feeling under the weather, just got off work (overnights), so I going to try to go to sleep. But I will check in tomorrow.

Condemend! what you think having a hubbie will somehow make it better? all that extra ironing and cleaning ...having to think about him b4 yourself...not doing what you want when you want...to me being married is like being condemned to utter drudgery.

If you go around looking like you are condemned then your going to find no one...or are you simply just waiting and not doing anything active on your part...a man in your life is not just going to magically appear...you have to make half the effort.

Yes I am wondering if I am condemn to being single the rest of my life. I can't tell you how tired I'm of hearing married people (who mean to give good advice), telling me they wish they were single and than quoting I Corthians 7:32-33. No doubt God does love me but I sure don't feel it. Condemnation is all I feel right now, to be given a desire, but at my age facts are facts barring a miracle I am condemn to being single. My greatest prayer request since coming to Christ is just a plain flat no. And this from a mercilful God. Oh how I find it so hard to pray to God for anything. So am I condemned by God? What did Solomon say, "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22) If nothing else I have not found this favour with God. If any singles or someone who was single in this kind of situation could gave me some helpful advice I would be grateful.

Will I am feeling under the weather, just got off work (overnights), so I going to try to go to sleep. But I will check in tomorrow.

Condemend! what you think having a hubbie will somehow make it better? all that extra ironing and cleaning ...having to think about him b4 yourself...not doing what you want when you want...to me being married is like being condemned to utter drudgery.

If you go around looking like you are condemned then your going to find no one...or are you simply just waiting and not doing anything active on your part...a man in your life is not just going to magically appear...you have to make half the effort.

Giggles, but I think Paul84 is a guy, .... :thumbsup:

Giggles, but I think Paul84 is a guy, .... :laugh:

:blink: i hope so, since finding a wife is his desire! :noidea:

Yep - having a "hubby" won't make his life any better - I'm pretty sure..... :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Yes I am wondering if I am condemn to being single the rest of my life. I can't tell you how tired I'm of hearing married people (who mean to give good advice), telling me they wish they were single and than quoting I Corinthians 7:32-33. No doubt God does love me but I sure don't feel it. Condemnation is all I feel right now, to be given a desire, but at my age facts are facts barring a miracle I am condemn to being single. My greatest prayer request since coming to Christ is just a plain flat no. And this from a merciful God. Oh how I find it so hard to pray to God for anything. So am I condemned by God? What did Solomon say, "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22) If nothing else I have not found this favour with God. If any singles or someone who was single in this kind of situation could gave me some helpful advice I would be grateful.

Yes but what did Paul say. "It is better to be single in the Lord then to be Married". If you are feeling condemned by God to be single you really need to work on your relationship with God. Because that should be the single most important relationship in your life. But you are so much more focused on a relationship with some one other then Christ that your Joy is taken away and God didn't do that you did. And satan helped you do it. Which is why you don't feel the love of God. In a way you have rejected Him because you FULL focus is not on Him it is on YOU.

If God has a soul mate out there for you He will not be sending her your way until you are ready IN CHRIST for her and she is ready in Christ for you. And it will be on God's timing not yours

When I first came to Christ I was some what like you. But praise God because I saw that what I was doing was traveling down the wrong road. So I buried myself in the study of the word, going to church, doing ministry and generally rapping my whole life around God, my relationship with God and the things of God.

Unknowns to me I meet my future wife in Christ during that 8 year time of dedication. But at that time we didn't like each other very much. Two years later we ran into each other at the same church we had originally met and I asked her if she would like to have breakfast after church and the rest is history. That was more then 8 years ago and we are still together in Christ.

What does the bible say? Seek FIRST the thing of the Lord and everything else will fall into place.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

I know scriptures speak of being single as being a gift from God. And I not argueing that this is my gift (very unwanted) it just I fell so condemned. Without getting into all the details of the problem I can see so much of my works being burn by God or in other words being wood, hay, stubble (I Corinthians 3:11-15).

If I continue to read the next two verses in I Corinthians 3 which is 16-17 and compare it to Hebrews 13:4 will I think I know Jesus as my saviour. But I really fell condemn so how can I draw nearer to God and Christ when the lust of my body is stronger than me. "Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife..." (I Corinthians 7:2). I didn't quote the rest of the verse because I don't want anyone else getting confused as cymba did. I have heard on Christian radio station some married Christian men still have this problem. So maybe this isn't the answer either. But when I read Jesus words I just feel so condemn, "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it let him receive it." (Matthew 19:9) NO I don't think I could be called an eunuch, but since coming to Christ will it just sad.

For if I defile the temple of God which I have, what remains for me (I Corinthians 3:17). The only thing close to a relationship I have had with a woman in the last 3 years was with a nonbeliever. When you reach 43 it a pretty sure bet it a permanent thing.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  168
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

What's up Man? I understand your frustration because I too am single and have not found the "one" yet, but I understand that I cannot rush God. God has a plan for us and sometimes when things do not happen the way we want then to, we tend to get frustrated or think that there is something wrong. Trust in Gods plan. When it is your time to be in a relationship, it will happen, no sooner, no later. So no, you are not condemned just because you are not in a relationship, it is just not your time yet. (have you ever watched and waited for water to boil-seems like it takes forever) :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/14/1987

Paul, when I got out of high school I noticed many of my friends starting to get married and even have children already, and it bothered me because I felt I had been so much more faithful than these people yet God seemed to be blessing them with someone while I remainined alone. I prayed often that God would bring a Christian woman into the picture for me, and yet every time I'd start dating someone it seemed as if God was saying "No, not yet." Eventually I almost expected that answer, and finally I took resentment a step too far. I was dating a girl that I thought the world of, who was Christian and obviously put God first in her life, I chose to ignore the fact that my heart knew it wasn't God's will and we started talking about marriage... about two months after we started considering marriage (perhaps a year and a half or so together) I went to Basic Training and Tech School for the Air Force for about 3 months and when I got out she didn't come down to see me. Turns out she was already seeing somebody else. My point is that what I thought was a godly relationship was only deception, and I got hurt because I ignored God's warning about getting involved too deeply. I am single now, which is good because I'm deployed to Korea and you can't have your family here unless you're higher ranked, so that would just be more heartache. Basically I think God chooses to keep us single until we're at a point in life where the time to be single has passed. I'm grateful to Him that what happened did so when it did and not after I had made a mistake that would haunt me forever all because I wanted to be in a relationship so bad that I had the nerve to ignore God.

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  156
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/07/1990

Yes I am wondering if I am condemn to being single the rest of my life. I can't tell you how tired I'm of hearing married people (who mean to give good advice), telling me they wish they were single and than quoting I Corinthians 7:32-33. No doubt God does love me but I sure don't feel it. Condemnation is all I feel right now, to be given a desire, but at my age facts are facts barring a miracle I am condemn to being single. My greatest prayer request since coming to Christ is just a plain flat no. And this from a merciful God. Oh how I find it so hard to pray to God for anything. So am I condemned by God? What did Solomon say, "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22) If nothing else I have not found this favour with God. If any singles or someone who was single in this kind of situation could gave me some helpful advice I would be grateful.

Yes but what did Paul say. "It is better to be single in the Lord then to be Married". If you are feeling condemned by God to be single you really need to work on your relationship with God. Because that should be the single most important relationship in your life. But you are so much more focused on a relationship with some one other then Christ that your Joy is taken away and God didn't do that you did. And satan helped you do it. Which is why you don't feel the love of God. In a way you have rejected Him because you FULL focus is not on Him it is on YOU.

If God has a soul mate out there for you He will not be sending her your way until you are ready IN CHRIST for her and she is ready in Christ for you. And it will be on God's timing not yours

When I first came to Christ I was some what like you. But praise God because I saw that what I was doing was traveling down the wrong road. So I buried myself in the study of the word, going to church, doing ministry and generally rapping my whole life around God, my relationship with God and the things of God.

Unknowns to me I meet my future wife in Christ during that 8 year time of dedication. But at that time we didn't like each other very much. Two years later we ran into each other at the same church we had originally met and I asked her if she would like to have breakfast after church and the rest is history. That was more then 8 years ago and we are still together in Christ.

What does the bible say? Seek FIRST the thing of the Lord and everything else will fall into place.

I really like your response Massorite. Thanks for sharing, Its encouraging. : )