• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

In fact, in the US, the only place where Islam is growing fast IS IN THE PRISONS!
People have said the same thing about Christianity - the amount of prisoners adopting Christianity is not inconsequential....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/08/1969

Don't the facts always matter???

Always.

But when it comes to "my dog is bigger than your dog",......who cares?

If we were out-numbered 2 to 1, 10 to 1, or 100 to 1, what does it really matter?

If the truth be told, muslims are non-believers. I would be willing to bet that the non-believers outnumber the believers by quite a bit.

How does that effect your walk?

Why do you leap from agreeing with my statement that "facts always matter" to asking me "how does that effect your walk"?

Did I say it affected "my walk"?

God is truth. Truth is important.

This is not a "my dog is bigger than yours" situation.

If we point to Muslims that some of the things they use to prop up their faith are false, then they are more likely to find out what other lies they are being told.

No. That is completely wrong. Christianity is twice as large as Islam and is growing at a faster rate. (Europe and the Middle East excluded). In Asia, Africa, and the entire Western Hemisphere, the growth of Christianity is faster far than the growth of Islam.

In fact, in the US, the only place where Islam is growing fast IS IN THE PRISONS!

Yes, a lot of converts in the UK are prisoners. And crucially it often doesn't lead to any transformation of behaviour (for the better anyway).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The numbers are not correct.In many countries a person must adopt the dominant faith of a specific country and this is for practical reasons when dealing with the state and living in that particular country. So all your documents show the right faith.It is more convenient to be a muslim in a muslim country, a catholic in a catholic country etc .It is discrimination.

Blessings

Why do you leap from agreeing with my statement that "facts always matter" to asking me "how does that effect your walk"?

Did I say it affected "my walk"?

I asked, "what does it matter how many muslims are in this country?".

There's a little over 300,000,000 people in this country. If 3/4 of them were non-believers, as muslims are, how does that effect your walk?

Just because we're outnumbered, doesn't make the Word of God any less true...........................does it?

God is truth. Truth is important.

This is not a "my dog is bigger than yours" situation.

Of cource it is.

Here's what the OP stated.

I was hearing something that muslims religion is the most popular religion, that there is more muslim then catholic and all religion, and that there is more muslims in usa then catholic. Is that true, if so thats scary.

The OP was making reference to population numbers, not doctrine.

Why is it so scary to know that there are more of them than there are of us?

If we point to Muslims that some of the things they use to prop up their faith are false, then they are more likely to find out what other lies they are being told.

The topic isn't about muslim beliefs, it's about numbers.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_prac2.htm

With pleasure PA, I don't think the link copied properly, but if you go back to page one of this thread , I took it from Glory's post :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I was hearing something that muslims religion is the most popular religion, that there is more muslim then catholic and all religion, and that there is more muslims in usa then catholic. Is that true, if so thats scary. :thumbsup:

No Islam is a very tiny percentage religion in the USA. However worldwide it includes about 1.1Billion people, which is about the same size as the Roman Catholic denomination worldwide. Christians are by far the largest religious group in the world when all Christian denominations are included.

It may have spurts of popularity and it is growing US, but small groups can grow quite quickly as they start with such small numbers. If for example the Church of Smalcald included me and my family a total of 4 and we add my 2 brothers, my Church has just shown a 50% growth rate!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

And Hey! Numbers, numbers. With Faith it only takes one of us :thumbsup:

man, the OP may have framed the situation as a "my dog is bigger than yours", but why does that mean that I do? Doesn't compute.

If you want to address comments about the OP separately from replies to me, it might be helpful?

I ask you (yet) again, why bring "my walk" (I'm not a postman) into it? Have I?

Why would increasing numbers of Muslims worry us? Well it doesn't take much imagination to realise the problems when you have a belief system that often requires societal change when the numbers of believers grows to the level where they can exert political pressure.

man, the OP may have framed the situation as a "my dog is bigger than yours", but why does that mean that I do? Doesn't compute.

I'm sorry. Didn't know you wanted to go off topic.

You should have said something, or maybe started a new thread.

Just a thought.

If you want to address comments about the OP separately from replies to me, it might be helpful?

I ask you (yet) again, why bring "my walk" (I'm not a postman) into it? Have I?

Because you seem to believe that these numbers are somehow, important.

Why would increasing numbers of Muslims worry us? Well it doesn't take much imagination to realise the problems when you have a belief system that often requires societal change when the numbers of believers grows to the level where they can exert political pressure.

How would political pressure effect your walk?