• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I am so angry at my father right now. I don't know whether to speak my mind or let it go.

I know my father is a big gossip, to the point he even gossips about people in his Bible studies (yes he is the minister) and I have called him on it several times that it is not Godly.

Well as some may know we all lived together for a period of time recently, which caused major problems between my father and husband and thus me, and thank you Jesus He provided us with our own place.

My father returned to the city he liked, which is about 20 miles away, and we stayed in this small town, and my brother lives here also with his girlfriend.

So anyways I talked to my cousin this morning, and she was telling me evrything that has been going on in MY LIFE these last few days :24: . She said that my father has been telling the family at Bible studies everyting going on here!!!!!! Even to the point that we borrowed 20$ from a friend!!!!!

So of course I know my brother talks to my dad daily, so I called him up and reamed him. He apologized and said he didn't know dad was telling everyone all our business.

So should I also ream dad or let it go? It seems the other times I've said something it goes in one ear and out the other, and he wonders why I don't attend his Bible studies. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Stacy, I don't know about reaming him out, but you should share that it hurts you to have your own father telling all of your business and you would appreciate it if he would stop.

He needs prayer thats for sure. If you cannot trust the minister to keep things then who can you trust.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Stacy, I don't know about reaming him out, but you should share that it hurts you to have your own father telling all of your business and you would appreciate it if he would stop.

He needs prayer thats for sure. If you cannot trust the minister to keep things then who can you trust.

Thanks Glorywatch. As you can see by my use of the word "ream" ( I didn't even notice how it sounded until after I posted) that I wouldn't even be able to be civil yet.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Take some deep breaths Stacey girl.... breathe ..... now exhale... Now... get your Bible and read awhile and then pray. Then... even though it 'goes in one ear and out the other'.... sit down with him and tell him that it bothered you and ask him for his prayers and ...his confidence in the future. Ask him not to tell others about what you and he discuss or to talk about 'family matters' and tell him how it hurts you. Now... be prepared to forgive him... Love you, honey!! :noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Maybe you should try a little, "Do you know what Daddy told me the other day after bible study?" the silence and squirming will be deafening and may be all thats needed to cure the situation. :noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Thanks Glorywatch. As you can see by my use of the word "ream" ( I didn't even notice how it sounded until after I posted) that I wouldn't even be able to be civil yet.

Stacey, you are welcome...give it some time and ask God for guidance. Keeping you in prayer over this!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

Keep silent about your life.Dont say it around even if it is your brother.There will be pressure from them to know.

Be polite even when you are provoked.Dont reply even about the $20

Jesus was silent after He was arrested.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I am so angry at my father right now. I don't know whether to speak my mind or let it go.

I know my father is a big gossip, to the point he even gossips about people in his Bible studies (yes he is the minister) and I have called him on it several times that it is not Godly.

Well as some may know we all lived together for a period of time recently, which caused major problems between my father and husband and thus me, and thank you Jesus He provided us with our own place.

My father returned to the city he liked, which is about 20 miles away, and we stayed in this small town, and my brother lives here also with his girlfriend.

So anyways I talked to my cousin this morning, and she was telling me evrything that has been going on in MY LIFE these last few days :noidea: . She said that my father has been telling the family at Bible studies everyting going on here!!!!!! Even to the point that we borrowed 20$ from a friend!!!!!

So of course I know my brother talks to my dad daily, so I called him up and reamed him. He apologized and said he didn't know dad was telling everyone all our business.

So should I also ream dad or let it go? It seems the other times I've said something it goes in one ear and out the other, and he wonders why I don't attend his Bible studies. :emot-nod:

Talk to your father and let him know how you feel. If that doesn't work, talk to your Father and let Him know how you feel.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I would speak to my father, once my feelings of hurt had settled (pray to the Lord to assist you to calm down and forgive), and if as you say your dad leads a home group, do what Jesus did when tempted, point your dad gently to the word.

There are dozens of scriptures pertaining to the tongue and how it can be a sharp weapon, one such is:-

37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land and dwell upon it forever.

Psa 37:30 The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks justice Paul also talks of gossip in his letter to the Corinthians:-

2Co 12:19 Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? It is in the sight of God that we have been speaking in Christ, and all for your upbuilding, beloved.

2Co 12:20 For I fear that perhaps when I come I may find you not as I wish, and that you may find me not as you wish--that perhaps there may be quarreling, jealousy, anger, hostility, slander, gossip, conceit, and disorder.

Explain to him that a loose tongue can lead to gossip and disorder in the church, and that Paul warned us to guard against this all the time. The early church was full of gossip, it is one of the reasons of the much misaligned perception that women should not talk in church came about. Paul was concerned about a certain group of women who were trying to outdo each other in dress and jewelry when attending church and were gossiping, thus detracting from the message. (and here I would include men as well, anybody who gossips when the Spirit is with us, detracts from the message).

Besides that, it hurts the people on the recieving end, and is usually a sign of pride from the person doing the gossiping (I know something you don't and even if you don't need to hear it I am going to tell you), for a brief instant in makes the person doing the talking feel better about themselves. That is pride.

I hope you can sort this out with your dad and that the Lord gives him the heart to listen. Prepare his heart gently, the best way for you, and your dad to do this is through the Word.

Blessings